Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Not right but looking at her body of work over two years supports her selection. The 17 shots per game is a fact and will be questioned as it should however the results speak for themselves. I still believe that Stalder is a top contender when you factor in where UMD sits in the standings this year versus last year and the impact she has had on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      Not right but looking at her body of work over two years supports her selection. The 17 shots per game is a fact and will be questioned as it should however the results speak for themselves. I still believe that Stalder is a top contender when you factor in where UMD sits in the standings this year versus last year and the impact she has had on the team.
      I would argue that with facing only 17/18 shots a game, the save percentage of almost .96 is even more impressive. That and she has shutouts in half of the conference games started. Plus, why should she be penalized playing for a team that backchecks pretty well and also controls the puck a majority of the time?

Comment

I can't argue against ARD, particularly because she didn't win it last year and she has the best save % this year on top of what she did last year.

I agree that Stalder is a prime candidate for reasons just mentioned along with Marchment, Webster and Mercer.

I'm arguing for Kelly Pannek. Leading the country in points, her leadership is great, and her shot blocking sets her apart as a high scoring forward. Her intensity and desperation at the end of the UND game Friday when UND had their goalie pulled and scoring from her knees from the defensive zone is a prime example. It was lucky except it was the classic Kelly play.

Comment

Not right but looking at her body of work over two years supports her selection.
          One could argue Coyne's last year, and it was argued, that it was simply a lifetime achievement award.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
            I can't argue against ARD, particularly because she didn't win it last year and she has the best save % this year on top of what she did last year.

I agree that Stalder is a prime candidate for reasons just mentioned along with Marchment, Webster and Mercer.

I'm arguing for Kelly Pannek. Leading the country in points, her leadership is great, and her shot blocking sets her apart as a high scoring forward. Her intensity and desperation at the end of the UND game Friday when UND had their goalie pulled and scoring from her knees from the defensive zone is a prime example. It was lucky except it was the classic Kelly play.
            Everything you said about Kelly is spot on. She is amazing.

If I remember correctly, in 2013 Coach Frost said of the three finalists, "It's apples to oranges to bananas," or something like that.
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              One other thing in Pannek's favor is that she continues to lead the nation in points despite losing Dani Cameranesi, who was leading the nation in goals scored when she was injured just over halfway through the season. Being able to overcome the loss of the chemistry they had together is very impressive.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                One other thing in Pannek's favor is that she continues to lead the nation in points despite losing Dani Cameranesi, who was leading the nation in goals scored when she was injured just over halfway through the season. Being able to overcome the loss of the chemistry they had together is very impressive.
                agreed but those numbers are not even close to last year leaders and ARD is just as lights out.

Comment

I'll be more surprised if WI doesn't have the PK winner than if they don't win the NC$$

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
                    agreed but those numbers are not even close to last year leaders and ARD is just as lights out.
                    Her GAA is .765 over 26 games and the next best is 1.377 over 12 games. It's either Pannek or ARD, but Pannek's numbers pale in comparison to Coyne's last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                      I would argue that with facing only 17/18 shots a game, the save percentage of almost .96 is even more impressive. That and she has shutouts in half of the conference games started. Plus, why should she be penalized playing for a team that backchecks pretty well and also controls the puck a majority of the time?
                      Just sharing my point of view on how some might see it. She has had a remarkable career and I believe she will be recognized for it this year however there are still some that are goaltender negative more so when the goalie is on a powerhouse team.

Comment

Just sharing my point of view on how some might see it. She has had a remarkable career and I believe she will be recognized for it this year however there are still some that are goaltender negative more so when the goalie is on a powerhouse team.
                        AMEN brother!!!

Comment

Stadler at UMD is pretty darn good!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bladedskates View Post
                            Stadler at UMD is pretty darn good!
                            Goal scoring is so far down this year that folks should be looking at a defense. I believe Keller is the only defense above a point per game but Koelzer is pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                              Goal scoring is so far down this year that folks should be looking at a defense. I believe Keller is the only defense above a point per game but Koelzer is pretty close.
                              So is goal scoring down due to.....better goalies, teams playing more defensive, lack of talent @ F? Are any of the forwards playing college hockey today worthy of Olympic teams? Not it you take the scoring into account. If I look at the WCHA, every team has above average goaltending (except maybe MN right now). Maybe in the offseason someone can look at scoring by year and goaltending by year to look for trends.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                                Megan Keller transcends awards like the Patty Kazmaeir.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X