Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty Kazmaeir 2017

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    Interview with Clarkson's Cayley Mercer.

https://t.co/abMOqxPooe
    Very nice interview and I like the hat.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      Interview with Clarkson's Cayley Mercer.

https://t.co/abMOqxPooe
      Very impressive young lady.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        Very nice interview and I like the hat.
        It looks like I lit the room for that interview..lol

Comment

Tim can you edit the title of this thread to spell Kazmaier correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by EPIC97 View Post
            I'm not sure, but I felt really stupid screwing that up.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by EPIC97 View Post
              I figured it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I'm not sure, but I felt really stupid screwing that up.
                You can be forgiven, it's been *ages* since Wisconsin has won the award, after all
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

And today the name has been shortened in many places to "Kaz Watch '17." I prefer the whole name and I'm glad if you've figured out how to fix the spelling.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-09-2017, 04:16 PM. Reason: Patty Kazmaier

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I figured it out!
                    Not. Thought I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      All it takes is googling .
                      why didn't you say so? If it says so on the internet, then obviously it is true

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      this is something that has been researched for decades.
                      so in addition to assuming the research generalizes to women's hockey, we're supposed to assume this decades ago research has temporal significance as well?

It's pretty simple really. If you play great defense and do not give up a goal, you only have to score once to win.
                      Substitute a different team that isn't quite as good that gives up one goal and they have to to score twice as many to win.
                      Substitute yet another team even less proficient that gives up two goals and they will have to score three times as many goals to win.

see the pattern yet, Stupid?

No?

OK, an even worse team that gives up three goals is going to have to score four times as many goals to win
                      And guess what, the team that gives up four ... yes! will have to score five times as many goals to win.
                      see? it isn't that difficult.
                      Last edited by pokechecker; 03-09-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Rules question: can a referee hand out coincidental 10 minute misconduct penalties?
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          Rules question: can a referee hand out coincidental 10 minute misconduct penalties?
                          Are you referring to hockey or the fan forum? I've never seen it happen in hockey that I recall, but it may be possible. The fan forum, no idea.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-09-2017, 10:04 PM. Reason: wink

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                            see the pattern yet, Stupid?
                            Check the batteries in your troll subtlety filter; I think you might need a fresh set
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I think one big argument in ARD's favor is Cece's stats when Ann missed time. If it truly was all about the defense in front of the net and anyone could do well in that position, then Cece's numbers should be comparable to Ann's and aren't. Obviously there's the caveats about small sample size and that she's a rookie. But her GAA is double ARD's in the few games she played, belying that bit of conjecture.

For me, Pannek wasn't really in the discussion once her numbers dropped in the second half. It's difficult to argue about someone being dynamic when it was clear so much of their statistical success hinged on playing with another player. That line had special chemistry, but without Cameranesi, they definitely struggled more. I think it's difficult to argue in Pannek's favor there, especially in the face of what Stalder was doing.

I would have liked more focus on Pankowski, but I'm obviously biased. But she's put herself at the top of all the scoring categories despite a slow start and missing time with Team USA. Yes, great players shouldn't have slow starts and I'm definitely willing to argue that point and decide if it's an automatic disqualification type thing, but the fact is that even without scoring a goal in the first nine games, had Annie not missed four games (MN State and Bemidji) to play in the Nations Cup, she's probably be leading some offensive categories. Obvs there's no way to be sure, but I think she was an underrated candidate that isn't getting talked about enough.
                              It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                                I think one big argument in ARD's favor is Cece's stats when Ann missed time. If it truly was all about the defense in front of the net and anyone could do well in that position, then Cece's numbers should be comparable to Ann's and aren't. Obviously there's the caveats about small sample size and that she's a rookie. But her GAA is double ARD's in the few games she played, belying that bit of conjecture.

For me, Pannek wasn't really in the discussion once her numbers dropped in the second half. It's difficult to argue about someone being dynamic when it was clear so much of their statistical success hinged on playing with another player. That line had special chemistry, but without Cameranesi, they definitely struggled more. I think it's difficult to argue in Pannek's favor there, especially in the face of what Stalder was doing.

I would have liked more focus on Pankowski, but I'm obviously biased. But she's put herself at the top of all the scoring categories despite a slow start and missing time with Team USA. Yes, great players shouldn't have slow starts and I'm definitely willing to argue that point and decide if it's an automatic disqualification type thing, but the fact is that even without scoring a goal in the first nine games, had Annie not missed four games (MN State and Bemidji) to play in the Nations Cup, she's probably be leading some offensive categories. Obvs there's no way to be sure, but I think she was an underrated candidate that isn't getting talked about enough.
                                No, this is not me under another identity, but these are the words from my head in the order that I would have typed them.

Comment

Working...
                                X