Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #189: The Winter of our Discontent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #189: The Winter of our Discontent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Great to hear when I'm heading out for a snowmobiling trip in about 2 hours.
    Don't you mean your motocross bike trip?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I think there is. But then again, about 2,000 miles separates us from the nearest coast. Sure we can eat fresh, but that's almost an expensive luxury. We really don't grow up eating it and we don't have access to it on a daily basis.

Most of that is because what we do get is pretty much crap. Therefore we grow up hating it and associating it with not-so-fresh fish.
      About 1300 miles from Minneapolis to NYC.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I think there is. But then again, about 2,000 miles separates us from the nearest coast. Sure we can eat fresh, but that's almost an expensive luxury. We really don't grow up eating it and we don't have access to it on a daily basis.

Most of that is because what we do get is pretty much crap. Therefore we grow up hating it and associating it with not-so-fresh fish.
        Whereas here in AK you can get fresh seafood rather easily and it's not expensive. Worst case scenario is asking a neighbor for a fillet from his/her recent trip. Now, a good steak is a little harder to get...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Stop being pedantic about pescado.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I didn't grow up eating it (although we did eat plenty of fresh water fish), but I certainly took to it right away when I moved to the coast! Actually, I took to it when I went to Florida in spring break. Had the best red snapper one trip, followed up with dolphin (fish, not mammal).

Don't like octopus and limited fan of raw fish, but love most other seafood.

Comment

One of the bars in downtown Mpls sells deep fried calamari. Coworker 1 was popping it all night, and Coworker 2 asked her how she liked the squid. Coworker 1 replied that she wasn't eating squid, just the calamari. Coworker 2 then proceeded to ruin 1's world when he told her what calamari is. 1 up and ran to the bathroom and had to go straight home after that. AFAIK, she's not touched it since.

For my part, I thought it was kind of rubbery, but not horrible. I wouldn't order for myself.

Comment

Octo and squid have to be cooked just right. Leave them on the heat for 30 seconds too long, and they become rubber.

Comment

Weirdness. mr les is home. On a Friday. not used to this.

Comment

not a fan of cooked fish. mookie likes himself a fried sandwich swimming in cocktail sauce, sure. but generally eats his sashimi and sushi rolls with the best of them. if there was a nathan's hot dog contest mookie would be a contendah!!!!

mookie has to giggle with tD coming to office, HE is the one leaving the country
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Weirdness. mr les is home. On a Friday. not used to this.
                        bow chika wow wow :O

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          not a fan of cooked fish. mookie likes himself a fried sandwich swimming in cocktail sauce, sure. but generally eats his sashimi and sushi rolls with the best of them. if there was a nathan's hot dog contest mookie would be a contendah!!!!

mookie has to giggle with tD coming to office, HE is the one leaving the country
                          You're leaving?
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            You're leaving?
                            being secondeed into the middle east

Comment

How long are you there for?
                              Code:

Comment

I've tried deep-fried calamari at a higher end restaurant in Vegas, did NOT care for it. Didn't even know it was calamari. A friend said to "just try this," so I did. BLECH.

I hate early hockey games. Missed most of the first period, even though I got out of work on time.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X