Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #189: The Winter of our Discontent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #189: The Winter of our Discontent.

Ugh, I don't want to go to the game tonight but I know have to. Wherever that compulsion comes from, pride, insanity, masochistic desire, I hate it.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Ugh, I don't want to go to the game tonight but I know have to. Wherever that compulsion comes from, pride, insanity, masochistic desire, I hate it.
      You're faithful. A diehard. "From my cold, dead hands." It's actually admirable. Honestly.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        So got my two bottles. bbdl and Worthless were there too. Bonus: HH had about 30 bottles of a barrel aged stout for sale. All 3 of us were in that mix. WIN. Only 144 bottles were even made (they were numbered). That is one nice surprise right there.
        Well thanks for the invite
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Well thanks for the invite
          Honestly, I'll probably bring that second bottle to a bottle share in the future. As for the bonus bottle? Sorry, that's ALL mine. And follow the breweries on social media. That's how I find out about these things.

Edit: to make it up to you, New Bohemia Golden Valley is having a big bad beer takeover next Saturday. Basically, if it's not 10%, GTFO. The taplist is insane.
          Last edited by The Rube; 02-25-2017, 06:01 PM.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Problem I see: golden valley
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Problem I see: golden valley
              Not a problem for me.

Then here's a pro-tip: start talking to your local stores about KBS now. Get on a list, get in their ear, etc. See if you can reserve a bottle or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Not a problem for me.

Then here's a pro-tip: start talking to your local stores about KBS now. Get on a list, get in their ear, etc. See if you can reserve a bottle or two.
                Or suck up to someone that is getting multiple packs and a couple 750ml bottles...
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                  Or suck up to someone that is getting multiple packs and a couple 750ml bottles...
                  I got that part covered. Of course, I also secure good beer for the exchange.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    You're faithful. A diehard. "From my cold, dead hands." It's actually admirable. Honestly.
                    There's a few of us, problem is none of us have the power (re: $$$) to push for meaningful change. And the ones who do don't care.

As usual, the other UAA posters are oblivious. Suze posting about how "fun" the game was for example. Apparently having our rival celebrate their victory with their numerous fans while our season was ended is "fun". I should just ignore them, but I just can't.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      There's a few of us, problem is none of us have the power (re: $$$) to push for meaningful change. And the ones who do don't care.
                      And that is a common problem with "niche" or regional sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        And that is a common problem with "niche" or regional sports.
                        And the exact reason why the program will likely be cut in two years.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

HHT

a
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HHT!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

HHT!

That tops off a great day. Besides the earlier post, got word that a friend is hooking me up with Gopher hockey license plate frames that you can only get at the arena (apparently). Not available in the U of M stores (I've checked). 'Tis a happy household at Chez Rube.

Comment

Hht
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X