NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Once a goon....229 games played in the NHL. 4 goals, 3 assists, 650 penalty mins.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/02/26/f...y-fight-video/
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Once a goon....229 games played in the NHL. 4 goals, 3 assists, 650 penalty mins.

https://buffalonews.com/2017/02/26/f...y-fight-video/
      NFL, NHL, oops senior moment.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I missed all this. Why the F do the Redskins need a new stadium? Isn't the "old" one only 20 years old or something? When did the DC area turn into Atlanta?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          I missed all this. Why the F do the Redskins need a new stadium? Isn't the "old" one only 20 years old or something? When did the DC area turn into Atlanta?
          Because FedEx Field is towards the bottom of NFL stadiums and we hand out Stadium Funding $$$ like orange slices after soccer practice.

Here's a post providing info on the infamous 200-level "Partial/Obstructed View" seats:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-...ut-fedexfield/

Add in that it's in a bad location and you have buyer's remorse I guess...
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Because FedEx Field is towards the bottom of NFL stadiums and we hand out Stadium Funding $$$ like orange slices after soccer practice.

Here's a post providing info on the infamous 200-level "Partial/Obstructed View" seats:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-...ut-fedexfield/

Add in that it's in a bad location and you have buyer's remorse I guess...
            Jack Kent Cooke had been hunting and hinting on a spot to locate the new stadium. RFK is a dump. Was a dump. JKC ran into a mayor in DC who did not want to shell out public $$ for a stadium (it cost her her job). Surrounding communities cried NIMBY!! There was an abandoned quarry in Laurel, MD (Konterra) that would have been perfect, but the corrupt county (Prince Georges) wanted it for development. It's not developed 20 years later.

Landover (RalJohn) is not easy to get to by car, and a hike from the maybe it runs Metro system. The team practice facility is in Ashburn, and a Loudon County facility will allow for better game day logistics.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Because politicians want to "be responsible" by cutting funding for education and healthcare, but have no problem ****ting out hundreds of millions for those poor, destitute owners of franchises in a multi-billion dollar industry.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Never understood that. If Snyder wants to build a new stadium on his own dime, more power to him. If its an Atlanta situation where the city/state/county is ponying up to replace a two decade old stadium, all three of DC, MD, and VA need to tell him to go screw. Sh !t, even the Mass legislature told Kraft to go pound sand when he asked for a new stadium.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The Isles are in wildcard range.

How did this even...?
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2017, 01:11 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I have no answer except you have to live here.

Imagine a place as self-centered as Boston, as parochial as San Francisco, and as full of sharp elbowed as-sholes as New York, and you have... a start... on the WMA.

It's not a place I would wish even you into.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought I heard rumblings about the team in DC using the RFK site for a new stadium? I know RFK is heading for the trash bin (won't somebody think of the raccoons!) so it seems like a fit.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Landover (RalJohn) is not easy to get to by car, and a hike from the maybe it runs Metro system. The team practice facility is in Ashburn, and a Loudon County facility will allow for better game day logistics.
                        Yeah they did a great job of building it between two Metro stations, but not close to either.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I thought I heard rumblings about the team in DC using the RFK site for a new stadium? I know RFK is heading for the trash bin (won't somebody think of the raccoons!) so it seems like a fit.
                          RFK is the most cost-effective option, but also the least profitable graft option.

RFK is a great MLS / small concert venue. But the money laundering potential is insufficient.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            RFK is the most cost-effective option, but also the least profitable graft option.

RFK is a great MLS / small concert venue. But the money laundering potential is insufficient.
                            RFK is a terrible MLS venue, DC United had been working for 15+ years to get out of that site.

Judging by the political obstacles constructing in DC I'd think the RFK site would have the most profitable graft option.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              They just broke ground on a 20K stadium in DC. I believe it's across the river from Nationals Park.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                They just broke ground on a 20K stadium in DC. I believe it's across the river from Nationals Park.
                                Yup, DC United is so desperate to get out of RFK they're going to do an extended road trip in 2018 while the new stadium is completed.

And I expect Audi Field (that's the name) to be one of the toughest places to play in the league.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X