NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

One nice thing about living here where the NFL has almost no exposure, I never watch ESPN and the sports channels here don't talk about it at all, is that I don't have anything preventing me from simply waking up Monday a.m. to watch the game without influence. The NFL is what it is but in the end it is just a football game. I'm spared the hype (don't even get to see the commercials during the broadcast) and am left with nothing more than the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      One nice thing about living here where the NFL has almost no exposure, I never watch ESPN and the sports channels here don't talk about it at all, is that I don't have anything preventing me from simply waking up Monday a.m. to watch the game without influence. The NFL is what it is but in the end it is just a football game. I'm spared the hype (don't even get to see the commercials during the broadcast) and am left with nothing more than the game.
      I don't have cable or satellite TV, so I'm not seeing much of the hype either, just a little during morning radio. It's been nice these last couple years. Someone actually had to remind me that the game happens this weekend.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

49ers see a guy ruin RG3 and blow a Super Bowl and are all "I gotta get me summa that!".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          49ers see a guy ruin RG3 and blow a Super Bowl and are all "I gotta get me summa that!".
          Seahawks ain't gonna keep themselves on top of the division...
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

More like they already made the offer and are now like "Sh !t, any way we can back out of this and not have to pay the guy?"

Shanahan has his issues, but I'm struck by Quinn's failures as well. Thought there was way to much showboating going on by the Falcons with the game only half over. Reminded me a lot of Seattle, where he came from, acting like the game was over when they went up by 10 on the Pats. I'm also questioning his substitutions because after going balls to the wall for the 1st half the team seemed totally tanked mid way through the 3rd quarter. I've seen teams give up when losing big (SD, Buffalo) in the SB but have never seen a team with a big lead completely exhausted with 1 1/2 quarters to go and offering no resistance up and down the field.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

My only surprise is the Skins didn't try to get him back.

BTW, in these photos RG3 looks like Treach. Treach is 46.
              Last edited by Kepler; 02-07-2017, 10:33 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Blair Walsh signs with Seattle. Hauschka is a FA.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Best of luck to Blair Walsh, but that's a questionable move with the way Walsh kicked this past season.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Dang it. Always been a big Hauschka Boostah. Please go somewhere tolerable.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Best of luck to Blair Walsh, but that's a questionable move with the way Walsh kicked this past season.
                      To be fair, Seattle is 1-0 in the playoffs against the Vikings during the Blair Walsh era thanks to Blair Walsh.

Comment

So who's giving the Pats a #1 pick for Jimmy G?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Cleveland might be stupid enough to give up their 2nd pick(1&12) in the 1st round but I think the Patriots will get a 2nd rounder.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Peter King makes a good point. At some point TB12 is going to go Steve Blass. Jimmy G can run the same offense effectively. I'd keep him and trade Brisset.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Peter King makes a good point. At some point TB12 is going to go Steve Blass. Jimmy G can run the same offense effectively. I'd keep him and trade Brisset.
                              I would too, as everybody would like to see a Montana to Young or even Favre to Rodgers transition. Problem is Garappolo is a free agent at the end of next year. Assuming Brady plays 3 more years until he's 42, the Pats would have to pay him a pretty good chunk of change to hold a clipboard for two more years. Maybe he does that instead of running for his life in Cleveland and winning two games a year. We shall see...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Trade him for what, an 8th round pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X