X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    2 Super Bowls, Gurt.

Your point stands, though. We are really only barely better than the Marino Dolphins at this point.

Just imagine if we had a decent defense for more than three of those seasons.

The Vikings have lost 5 straight NFCCG appearances since their last SB - which was their 4th SB loss. And the Vikings didn't just lose those 5 games - they lost every one of them in either spectacular fashion and/or heart-breakingly. No sympathy for you.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-22-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Poor mookie, stuck with mike tomlin

Comment

Lord Almighty, that was an awful throw from Big Ben.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Poor mookie, stuck with mike tomlin
          He doesn't care, he bet on the Pats.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            The Vikings have lost 5 straight NFCCG appearances since their last SB - which was their 4th SB loss. And the Vikings didn't just lose those 5 games - they lost every one of them in either spectacular fashion and/or heart-breakingly. No sympathy for you.
            Yes yes yes, your team holds a monopoly on misery, I'm talking more about lost potential.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              He doesn't care, he bet on the Pats.
              Most likely. That would be a win either way. Gotta hedge your bets!
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Yes yes yes, your team holds a monopoly on misery, I'm talking more about lost potential.
                Essentially I am as well.

Comment

So how do I convince my cousin, who works for the NFL and is going to the Super Bowl, that his bride-to-be should really stay home given their wedding is a few weeks after the game? And then I can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    So how do I convince my cousin, who works for the NFL and is going to the Super Bowl, that his bride-to-be should really stay home given their wedding is a few weeks after the game? And then I can go.
                    You must have some embarrassing stories from when you were growing up you can threaten to expose.

Comment

Probably a fitting super bowl matchup, going to be interesting to see which defense can contain the opposing offense.

My gut says Atlanta by a FG.

Comment

You must have some embarrassing stories from when you were growing up you can threaten to expose.
                        Hard to do given he told me I will get to go next year when it's in Minneapolis. She doesn't want to go in February. Provided he's still working for them. Still.....it's the Patriots. She's from Long Island....why does she want to go?? Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Hard to do given he told me I will get to go next year when it's in Minneapolis. She doesn't want to go in February. Provided he's still working for them. Still.....it's the Patriots. She's from Long Island....why does she want to go?? Sigh.
                          Next year when the Jets.....
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As a young boy who kicked, punted and passed at halftime of a Vikes game at the old Met and suffered through all those superbowl losses as a teen and young adult, it's not hard to see why turned out to be such a damaged, pitiful human being. Somehow, by the grace of Parise, I didn't just decide to end it all and become a gophers fan. You have to look for what's good in a situation, Slap.

Comment

Wasn't looking for sympathy.

As EODS said, it's missed opportunities.

It's seems (is) unlikely that we'll hit the QB lottery a third straight time, so this past 20 years (POST 97 SB) has been a missed opportunity.

The Blackhawks recognize their window and go all in when they can and it works sometimes and fails sometimes. They have 3 Cups in whatever years though and are looking to make a trade again this year to go for it again.

Dollar Ted and the Packers just want to build their own version of Jerry World.

Comment

Gurt it was a rivalry jab only - I didn't think you were actually looking for sympathy.

Burd I'm normally right with you man despite you having several strikes against, but were you still buzzing when you wrote that?

Comment

Working...
                                X