Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Originally posted by Almington View Post
    Question: did teams earn points for both NFL championships AND Super Bowl championships after the merger?
    No. Since the merger, the Super Bowl is the NFL Championship.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      No. Since the merger, the Super Bowl is the NFL Championship.
      Since you listed both for every team, I wasn't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        Since you listed both for every team, I wasn't sure.
        It was a fair question given how the summaries were broken down. I chose to show both Super Bowl and NFL Championships given some of the original teams tremendous histories prior to the merger.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Life after football with Jim Plunkett

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/0...my-life-sucks/
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What's the life expectancy on the NFL, 40 years? Parents don't want their kids playing it the CTE issue, and former star players keep coming out talking about how their bodies are broken to the point of great agony. Can it last long enough to even payoff the stadiums that have been recently built?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Proof that Kaepernick is likely to never get a job again in the NFL: Cutler expected to sign a 1 year, 10M deal with the Fish in light of Tannehill injury.

Teams are willing to sign (retired) Pick6 Cutler before CK.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Proof that Kaepernick is likely to never get a job again in the NFL: Cutler expected to sign a 1 year, 10M deal with the Fish in light of Tannehill injury.

Teams are willing to sign (retired) Pick6 Cutler before CK.
                I agree hes been blackballed. But he wasn't that good the last time he played consistently.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  What's the life expectancy on the NFL, 40 years? Parents don't want their kids playing it the CTE issue, and former star players keep coming out talking about how their bodies are broken to the point of great agony. Can it last long enough to even payoff the stadiums that have been recently built?
                  Probably not. A lot of career records have been set for all-time since the next step is guys playing for that one contract then quitting at 29 with most of their health around.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    I agree hes been blackballed. But he wasn't that good the last time he played consistently.
                    This
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He was playing pretty well at the end of last season when he was finally healthy, even with the garbage that surrounded him on that team. There's a handful of teams he would be an upgrade at starter for. As a Broncos fan I'd gladly give up both steaming piles of poop we have for him.

Comment

• Jets QB Christian Hackenberg was kicked out of practice for failing to break a huddle correctly.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Jets QB Christian Hackenberg was kicked out of practice for failing to break a huddle correctly.
                          I honestly don't know how I avoided being a Jets fan. It would have served me right.

Bonus points for the "blissful idiocy" expression.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Jets QB Christian Hackenberg was kicked out of practice for failing to break a huddle correctly.
                            Trust the process...

Comment

"The good thing is I play quarterback, so I don't have to be in that great of cardiovascular shape," -- Jay Cutler.

Cutler the smartazz is entertaining
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                "The good thing is I play quarterback, so I don't have to be in that great of cardiovascular shape," -- Jay Cutler.

Cutler the smartazz is entertaining
                                Kenny stabler just smiled down from heaven
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X