NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Wasn't the reason the Chargers moved to San Diego in the first place was because they couldn't compete with the Rams??
    I dunno but it's likely.

On this note, MLS, NHL teams outrank NFL teams in fan satisfaction surveys.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I dunno but it's likely.

On this note, MLS, NHL teams outrank NFL teams in fan satisfaction surveys.
      It's like the ugly girl that gives good BJs. It's because she has to.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        those girls are the best!!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          From nearly everyone I've talked to, an NFL game is nearly unwatchable live. It's excruciatingly boring, overpriced, and you're better off watching on TV.

In contrast, both the NHL and MLS experiences do not translate well to TV and they're better live.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It might be fun attending a game in a warm weather climate, although I suppose there's other things to do as well if you're in Miami or LA. Gone to my share of Patriots games and since you're watching some legendary players and a perennial championship contender its generally a good time, but at my advancing age I don't see myself attending a game in late December in Foxborough to freeze my arse off. Strangely enough its pretty easy to get to Gillette without the benefit of a car as they run a train from Boston and Providence to right outside the stadium.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              From nearly everyone I've talked to, an NFL game is nearly unwatchable live. It's excruciatingly boring, overpriced, and you're better off watching on TV.

In contrast, both the NHL and MLS experiences do not translate well to TV and they're better live.
              I've purchased my last NFL ticket. In all likelihood, I've also attended my last NFL game in person. It was a very underwhelming experience the last time I went to game.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I've purchased my last NFL ticket. In all likelihood, I've also attended my last NFL game in person. It was a very underwhelming experience the last time I went to game.
                Every fall, my dad, brothers, father-in-law, and brother-in-law go on a "man trip" where we travel to various parts of the country to watch different sporting events. We've been to NFL games in Denver, Green Bay, Chicago, Indianapolis, D.C. (Maryland), Minneapolis, Atlanta, New York (Jersey), and Philadelphia; college football games in Iowa City, South Bend, Boulder, Athens, and Clemson; an NHL game in St. Paul; NBA games in Minneapolis and Denver; MLB games in Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Denver; college hockey games in Omaha and New York; and a college basketball game in Philadelphia.

The common element for almost every game we've been to (at least for me) is that the pre-game experience was more exciting than the actual game itself. As for the in-game experience, most have been enjoyable (although watching Christian Ponder get destroyed by the Packers on Thursday Night Football in Lambeau was pretty brutal), but there are several factors that seem to make the in-game experience better: (1) the "atmosphere" of the game (i.e. 2 great teams playing against each other, or 2 heated rivals); (2) the people who sit next to you; (3) the location of your seat; (4) whether there is any "uniqueness" factor (e.g. a hurricane is dumping a foot of rain on the crowd during the game (Clemson) or an insanely good/record breaking performance (Manning throwing for 7 TDs); and (5) the quality/history of the stadium/arena. I haven't noticed much of a difference between the different sports when it comes to these factors. Each game is its own experience, and if you had a bad time last time, I would suggest giving it another shot and picking a better game/location.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Another problem is there's about a half dozen teams with a chance to win the championship this year (Pats, Steelers, Atlanta, Seattle, GB, Dallas) plus a few teams that have been good recently and maybe catch lightening again (Denver, Carolina, Giants). Everybody else has no hope. No hope + no stars making history = no fans. Maybe you show up in New Orleans because its New Orleans so why not and Brees is still around but for 2/3rds of the league your team is out of it by the 1st game of the season. Jax, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland, Jets, etc etc why would anybody attend these games?

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Another problem is there's about a half dozen teams with a chance to win the championship this year (Pats, Steelers, Atlanta, Seattle, GB, Dallas) plus ....
                    stop trying to trick mookie into being excited about football again until GLA retires

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      stop trying to trick mookie into being excited about football again until GLA retires
                      You can always do the sweep the knee trick on Brady that was employed against Carson Palmer maybe on Cincy many moons ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        You can always do the sweep the knee trick on Brady that was employed against Carson Palmer maybe on Cincy many moons ago...
                        Sweep the leg!
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          is that implying it was done on purpose?!?!?!?!

Comment

• 6 spots left in fantasy football. Enough to draft, but I remember that one year we had 6 teams and we were getting all-star players in the late rounds.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              6 spots left in fantasy football. Enough to draft, but I remember that one year we had 6 teams and we were getting all-star players in the late rounds.
                              Ice Spiders FTW
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Ice Spiders FTW
                                Promise not to draft Tebow in the 7th round again?

Comment

Working...
                                X