X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2016-17 II: Playoffs, Super Bowl, and Offseason

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm not going to steal that one
    It is not steal-worthy. Just an observation.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Who was that catcher the Twins had? Pzerzcinski? A guy who everyone hated........unless he was on your team. I know it is not exactly the same, due to attitude, but you all know where I am going with that.
      AJ Pierzynski
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        AJ Pierzynski
        Thanks. It was on the tip of my tongue, and sometimes all those consonants in a name throw me off.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          It isn't angst, it's a visceral reaction to one of the most punchable faces of all time...
          Hey if you can reconcile those thoughts and sleep well at night I'm not going to fight you for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Thanks. It was on the tip of my tongue, and sometimes all those consonants in a name throw me off.
            Buy a vowel!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

@AdamSchefter: Owners now expected to vote this afternoon on shifting Super Bowl LV from LA to Tampa, per source. Sounds like vote will happen and pass.

NFL, and LA, open to pushing LA back to 2022 (1 year). So likely Tampa 2021, pending owner vote.

Comment

I thought TB was universally loathed as a destination?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I don't think I'd heard that before. This was basically out of necessity, with LA's Stadium being delayed already, and who knows when it will open.

Comment

Jacksonville????

NFL OTs during the RS will be 10 minutes. I prefer the CFL - you get the ball on the 35 and try to score. Must go for 2 after a TD. If still tied after three possessions for each team, call it a tie.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Jacksonville????

NFL OTs during the RS will be 10 minutes. I prefer the CFL - you get the ball on the 35 and try to score. Must go for 2 after a TD. If still tied after three possessions for each team, call it a tie.
                      You're right, it's Jax they hate.

They should go to college OT. It's awesome.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

CFL us essentially the same, but they allow ties.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If not the old-school rules, I'd prefer they go college OT rules, not the messy OT rules they have now.

Comment

The Anthem Protester is reportedly getting a workout with Seattle. He'd certainly fit right in up in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              The Anthem Protester is reportedly getting a workout with Seattle. He'd certainly fit right in up in that area.
                              Too much speculation as to why he can't get a job. Yes he's not any more terrible than most back up QB's in the league but the problem is he comes with baggage. Sorta why for a different reason you wouldn't sign Tim Tebow anymore. Both QB's can miss a pass and throw to a defender with the best of them, but why invite a circus when you don't need one? Just sign Ryan Fitzgerald who also sucks but has a ZZ Top like beard.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Just sign Ryan Fitzgerald who also sucks but has a ZZ Top like beard.
                                Only problem is, he's already signed. Bucs nabbed him last week or the week before.

Comment

Working...
                                X