Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    True for x. Not so much if there's two x's.
    Nicely done.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You realize this message board only places one space after a period. See?
      There are ways around that.  A little bit of ingenuity, and anyone can.  In fact, I may have to start using it more frequently.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        True for x. Not so much if there's two x's.
        You sir can drop the mike!

Comment

• Originally posted by maizerage View Post
          true for x. Not so much if there's two x's.
          y?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I think he'd be terrific. And one thing this election did: no one can EVER say again, "x is unelectable." We just validated that for any x, x being someone who meets the Constitutional requirements, x is potentially electable. We have literally reached the bottom. The bar wasn't lowered; there is no longer any bar.
            I don't think so. Far more people inclined to vote for a Republican will vote for whoever has the "R" next to their name. That Hillary couldn't muster enough votes from people who probably voted for a Democrat for president in every other election in the 2000s shows that people who lean left actually care about who is running. My guess is there is no one who would run as a Republican and fail to get at least a third of the vote. That simply would not be true of the Democratic party candidate

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              I don't think so. Far more people inclined to vote for a Republican will vote for whoever has the "R" next to their name. That Hillary couldn't muster enough votes from people who probably voted for a Democrat for president in every other election in the 2000s shows that people who lean left actually care about who is running. My guess is there is no one who would run as a Republican and fail to get at least a third of the vote. That simply would not be true of the Democratic party candidate
              don't overthink this. hillary suxd. worst candidate ever. again for the 100th time people hated her (yes yes yes. loved in California land. but broad hatred lost her a number of close states. anyone else would have been able to squeeze out a state or two)
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Correct.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  don't overthink this. hillary suxd. worst candidate ever. again for the 100th time people hated her (yes yes yes. loved in California land. but broad hatred lost her a number of close states. anyone else would have been able to squeeze out a state or two)
                  That's my point. People hated her so people didn't vote for her. There were counties in Ohio that Obama won by 20 points in both 2008 and 2012 that Hillary could not carry. Because people who voted for a Democratic candidate time and again did not just pull the lever next to the name with the "D" next to it. Lots of people hated her and did not vote for her. Lots of people professed similar feelings about Trump and voted for him anyway because too many Republican leaning voters will vote for whoever has the "R" next to their name.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Neil Young's expert analysis:

“Maybe this election thing needs to be looked at again, maybe there’s something wrong with it, maybe there’s something wrong with the candidates, the choices, the availability, the forum that it is, the two-party system, the whole thing. Maybe the whole thing is a little bit off and people are looking at it, that’s why there wasn’t any interest,” he says. “Many people when Bernie went away just went away. They said, ‘He was the only one we liked, the other ones we don’t like and we’re not gonna vote for something we don’t like cause we felt what it was like when we were backing somebody we really believed in.’ So that’s what happened in my view.”

Gotta love those rockers.

Two cats in the yard.

Comment

This is an amazing story about the Obama's eldest daughter. I had no idea she had done this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/o...smtyp=cur&_r=0
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        This is an amazing story about the Obama's eldest daughter. I had no idea she had done this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/o...smtyp=cur&_r=0
                        I have expected it was Mike Tyson that sent her because he's been known to send people to Bolivian.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

A question... and I should know this... Abe Lincoln was a very progressive Republican, almost radical, at a time the democrats were very conservative. When did the parties switch philosophies? Was it gradual or sudden?
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            A question... and I should know this... Abe Lincoln was a very progressive Republican, almost radical, at a time the democrats were very conservative. When did the parties switch philosophies? Was it gradual or sudden?
                            1964? Great Society?
                            1968? Bobby and Martin, Vietnam War & Silent Majority?
                            1972? McGovernites

I'm thinking sometime between 68 and 72.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When the Democrats gave blacks rights. Think "We've lost the south for a generation."
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

LOL. I guess Geno Smith did alot more damage than we thought.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...new-york-jets/
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X