Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Potemkin Presidency.

He's a buffoon and a menace, but my strongest feeling right now is sadness at how we have become a Soviet state. How long until the show trials begin?
    As soon as they bring Hillary in in handcuffs. It won't be long.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      As soon as they bring Hillary in in handcuffs. It won't be long.
      Nancy and DWS. Better show trial. Heck the Dems might even join in the chorus.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        The press didn't like his answer, they smelled blood, and went after him. He got defensive (rightly so in some cases, the CIA seating questions were kind of absurd, but he also handled it poorly). It was not good.
        All Press Secretaries get asked ridiculous questions...if they are even semi qualified for the job they dont act like dickwads

Reminds me of the episode of the West Wing where Josh handles the morning briefing and they ask him about the President smoking, he gets caught lying and all hell breaks loose
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          And you seem to think it's a good thing.
          Trump's predecessor downsized both the civilian and uniformed military Government employment rolls. (You provided the numbers.)

Isn't this just more of the same for at least the civilian portion?

What does any business do when revenues are not meeting budgets? They cut back. What's the biggest expense in most business budgets? Personnel. So that's where the cutting starts*. Trump's running like a CEO running a business. Is the problem in that he's publicly admitting it where his predecessor shrunk the government workforce but didn't shout it to the four winds?

*I lived this on the "got cut" end within the last year.
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-23-2017, 04:04 PM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I wouldn't mind cutting some federal spending, but I'd think the bloated military is the place to start cutting, not expanding it while cutting elsewhere. Especially given all the promises to stop providing defense for other countries and whatnot. If we're withdrawing from the world, why increase the standing army?
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Not a Trump voter but defend everything he does View Post
              Trump's predecessor downsized both the civilian and uniformed military Government employment rolls. (You provided the numbers.)

What does any business do when revenues are not meeting budgets? They cut back.
              Is there any portion of federal expenditures more bloated than military spending?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Is there any portion of federal expenditures more bloated than military spending?
                Nope. And they are the ones not getting cut.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good visuals today by Capt. ****tard.

But one of the many policies Trump acted on today stood out as especially important.

Trump … acted Monday to reinstate the so-named “Mexico City policy” first instituted by Ronald Reagan. That directive essentially barred recipients of U.S. foreign aid from promoting abortion as a method of family planning. In the early days of his presidency, Bill Clinton reversed the Reagan-backed policy; President George W. Bush reinstated it shortly after his election; and President Barack Obama revoked it – each in their first few days as president.

One of the striking aspects of today’s directive was the story the visuals told: in a scene reminiscent of the House Republicans’ all-male panel on birth control in early 2012, the Republican president re-imposed the global gag rule today in the Oval Office while surrounded by a group of men.
                  http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

Comment

Again, facts or alternate facts?
                    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...g-internet-mi/

We spend a crap-ton on military and homeland defense, but we also spend a crap-ton on health and social programs (FICA).
                    I'm pretty sure we'll find bloat and graft anywhere we look in government spending.

What's even scarier is when (not if) Trump causes interest rates to go up debt service might surpass all of those.
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-23-2017, 04:24 PM.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Corporate welfare, maybe.

The vast majority of public and private spending waste goes directly into the pockets of the 1%. That's why it was written into the process in the first place.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

What does any business do when revenues are not meeting budgets? They cut back. What's the biggest expense in most business budgets? Personnel. So that's where the cutting starts*. Trump's running like a CEO running a business. Is the problem in that he's publicly admitting it where his predecessor shrunk the government workforce but didn't shout it to the four winds?

*I lived this on the "got cut" end within the last year.
                        The point of citing the data wasn't as a commentary on the freeze, it was to highlight another blatant lie told by this administration.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I wonder if the righties expressing poutrage over Barron Trump jokes, expressed similar thoughts when Rush implied that Chelsea was the White House dog back in the day.
                          While I understand the impulse, I'm actually glad SNL took the high road in response. If you sink to Rush's level by going after little kids, what standing do you have left to criticize from? I'd say just leave the kids out of it.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            There's misleading information circulating on the internet?! *faints*

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              There's misleading information circulating on the internet?! *faints*
                              I know!
                              Whodathunked it?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yes the internet is full of misinformation. That doesn't give what should be considered serious sources of news/information carte blanche to make s##t up as they go.

Comment

Working...
                                X