Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, bull****.
    Fair share scoobs..... fair share
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I heard the other day the Republicans are again planning on cutting Arts, Humanities, and PBS.

Idiots.
      It's part of their "skinny budget" plan that will trim a whole whopping 0.02% off the federal budget.

For comparison's sake, if president Trump weighs 275 lbs., that's equivalent to him going on a diet and losing almost nine tenths of an ounce of weight.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Bachmann's district was St. Clown country.
        Nope. I live in District 2, basically it's Scott County to Wabasha County (Grumpy Old Men!). She was District 6, bb_dl country.

ETA: MN Congressional District map
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          A question... and I should know this... Abe Lincoln was a very progressive Republican, almost radical, at a time the democrats were very conservative. When did the parties switch philosophies? Was it gradual or sudden?
          There's not one single point at which the parties switch sides. They both made gradual movements, largely starting at the very early points of the 1900s, and completed the switch around the passing of the ERA. If you search the web, you can find some pretty interesting and objective historical blogs on this subject.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            It's part of their "skinny budget" plan that will trim a whole whopping 0.02% off the federal budget.

For comparison's sake, if president Trump weighs 275 lbs., that's equivalent to him going on a diet and losing almost nine tenths of an ounce of weight.
            I love the arts and the last thing I would want to see is anything bad happen to them, but they do attract gigantic private donations and I'm not sure there would be any negative effects if the government pulled funding for them.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              There's not one single point at which the parties switch sides. They both made gradual movements, largely starting at the very early points of the 1900s, and completed the switch around the passing of the ERA. If you search the web, you can find some pretty interesting and objective historical blogs on this subject.
              era passed?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                era passed?
                Well, the vote passed the Senate in 1972. It's up to the states to complete the process. Hold your breath, any day now!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Wasn't the top tax rate like 90% when he was in office? He walked into a little different situation than what we have today.
                  91% for those making $400k and up.

https://web.stanford.edu/class/polis...20Brackets.pdf
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    And those rates were nominal, not effective. Effective rates looked very much like what was put in place after Reagan's tax code changes, within 1-2%, due to the difference in loopholes between the eras.

Comment

what's with these "kids"? they should be letting the little one walk in front. he's by himself. how stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Nope. I live in District 2, basically it's Scott County to Wabasha County (Grumpy Old Men!). She was District 6, bb_dl country.

ETA: MN Congressional District map
                        District 2, now known as, "If you want a slave, you should be able to get a slave" territory.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

what's with these "kids"? they should be letting the little one walk in front. he's by himself. how stupid.
                          Barron looked like a kid who just wanted to sleep-in this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            District 2, now known as, "If you want a slave, you should be able to get a slave" territory.
                            Yep. They'll get what they voted for. The good news is he wants to work on Health Care. I await his good ideas on the topic. I've yet to hear one from the right side of the aisle in 6 years.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Or maybe it's just that 90% of Americans, having been spoiled rotten since birth with no concepts of delayed gratification or compromise, let alone personal sacrifice or living in service (myself surely included) are unable to accept living in a society with differing views. Seems kind of hopeless if the only thing that could cheer people up is widespread famine or something similarly trying.
                              No offense, but that's an absolute load of horse****. It's not a virtue to say "Let's compromise and say it's all good because that cop didn't murder the infant in the back seat of Philando Castile's car too". Or to say "Well, some poor people get to vote, so that's good enough". If you think believing in basic tenets like equality make one "spoiled rotten", then I think the problem is with you.

Comment

that's too low for bernie and pocahontas
                                She is actually "faux"-cahontas.
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X