Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.0: It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Because we've read historical accounts about what things were like before the advent of public education?
    Those "historical accounts" are likely Fake News.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      Because we've read historical accounts about what things were like before the advent of public education?
      Same reason we know private charity is not enough to cover everybody who is in need.

Empirical evidence > Utopian conservative ideology, as always.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        This is probably the best idea he's had. I was at a patriots game and they had a B2 flyover and it was pretty amazing to see one in person.
        Yeah, we really should be more like North Korea, Russia, Mussolini's Italy, Hitler's Germany, and every other two-bit authoritarian state in this world.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It's a recruiting/advertising expense. Yes, the military has to advertise in order to meet its enlistment needs.
          It's a propaganda expense. One this nation should have no part of.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          In theory you're obviously right, but I think it really gives a boost to how much pride people have in our great country.
          Our country is a helluva lot more than just about how good we are at blowing chit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Did they have the internet back then? Times have changed and we need to evolve with them.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Did they have the internet back then? Times have changed and we need to evolve with them.
              The internet is a tool. It's not an education provider anymore than radio or television are.

Comment

So, burd and I are channeling the same horrible images today. Not what America is about, or should be about.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  The internet is a tool. It's not an education provider anymore than radio or television are.
                  If utilized properly I think there is a lot you could do with it. Radio and tv only go one way but with Internet it can go both ways.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Wait, wasn't Obama sworn in with a Qur'an?
                    http://www.npr.org/2017/01/17/510252...ntent=20170117

Is Trump secretly one of "Mooslins" just like Obama??!?!
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      If utilized properly I think there is a lot you could do with it. Radio and tv only go one way but with Internet it can go both ways.
                      Translation "Radio and TV espouse only liberal views while the internet allows us to find various sources of conservative views to indoctrin... educate kids with."
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Is this the "Someone send us up the bomb" game?
                        No, that's Zero Wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The funny thing is I think Trump will spend us into penury on the military but not get us into any other conflicts.

I assume all of Trump's additions to spending, in all fields, will be vacuumed up by his friends. That's how Putin runs his store, and Trump is a big fan.

Assuming we still have a republican form of government after the Grape Ape leaves office, the conga line to prison is going to be really impressive.
                          If we still have one after Dictator Obama's done, I'm sure we'll still have one when Trump's done.

Comment

Birds of a feather.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              If we still have one after Dictator Obama's done, I'm sure we'll still have one when Trump's done.
                              False Equivalency for the win.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                False Equivalency for the win.
                                Won't we have egg on our faces when he declares martial law and cancels the transition of power tomorrow?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X