BC-BU weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC-BU weekend

Going off the chn box score, shots on goal even. Didn't see game but pretty much the type of game i expected.

Only 2 goals for the superior terriers, come on mook.

Don't worry though, you have DQ. the talent will never return to BC!

BC is close in just about every game, hopefully the stars like white and fitzgerald can carry them down stretch. Can play with anyone but now some more work to do to secure a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      prolly, but i thought this was an inane sort of tidbit on "series history" part of the write up on your website

• In the past five meetings, BU has been called for more penalties in four of them while the penalties were even in the other one.
      Hopefully they can win their home part of the series on Monday.

BC needs to get effective shots on net and take more good shots than to overpass in situations. They are having trouble finding the net and cannot afford to make mistakes in their end.

From the replay it looked like one goal was a deflection off a BC player in front and Woll couldn't adjust to the sudden redirected flight of the shot. The other goal was BC not handling the puck behind the net and turning it over to BU.

SOG looked even at the end but it doesn't show how some shots were just weak, low percentage types from the perimeter and it helps to hit the net when you're shooting (( Other times, the overpassing leads to no shot on goal when the puck carrier had a clear shot on net. It's young team but hopefully they learn to make better decisions with the puck.

Since losing to HU, they've been off the groove and the injuries didn't help and absence of players to the WJG in Canada in some of the recent losses and ties. Still a lot of hockey left to improve and make the post season.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

That was a GREAT game! Two heavy weights going toe to toe. Eagles with zero puck luck on loose rebounds with empty nets. Puck bounces over the stick or hits a defenseman stick etc. Could have been a different outcome with a little puck luck.

If I'm a Terrier fan I'd be a little concerned my team was out of gas with 10:00 to go. What's up with that?
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          If I'm a Terrier fan I'd be a little concerned my team was out of gas with 10:00 to go. What's up with that?
          As rover would say, GQ employed the "dump and suck" prevent defense in the 3rd.

Quick changes and forget any attempt to carry it in. Not fun to watch.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

That was a GREAT game! Two heavy weights going toe to toe. Eagles with zero puck luck on loose rebounds with empty nets. Puck bounces over the stick or hits a defenseman stick etc. Could have been a different outcome with a little puck luck.

If I'm a Terrier fan I'd be a little concerned my team was out of gas with 20:00 to go. What's up with that?
            Fixed your post. BC really kicked it up a notch the whole third and BU seemed to drop a notch. Except for Oettinger.

BC seemed to take more offsides than I've ever seen. Personally I'm not complaining as I think they may have prevented a goal or two, just thought it was a bit out of the ordinary. That Colin White is speedy!

Overall it was a great game, not a blow out either way, refs seemed to let them play.

The pre-game ceremony was nice. That was a lotta players honored. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              As rover would say, GQ employed the "dump and suck" prevent defense in the 3rd.

Quick changes and forget any attempt to carry it in. Not fun to watch.
              FWIW, DQ mentioned in the presser that the intent was not to take the foot off the gas. Sometimes it just plays out that way.

I only caught that period, but it sounds like BU looked better in the first two periods.

I'm sure Monday's game will be another good one (or a blowout for the home team).
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

yup, great game, Oettinger is a stud. Thought BU clearly had the better of it after 2 but BC came on. I was happy BC hung tough as i thought Terriers would win a bit more easily but it's the rivalry . Pressure now to Eagles, gotta win at least one of the next two while a Terrier split would be just fine with them i would think. Question for Eagle fans, if you were gonna win one of the next two, which one do you want? A loss to BU in the league REALLY tightens up the standings but a 'pot win gives a chance of a trophy and continues the recent streak going in that event.

Comment

You can never go wrong quoting Rover!
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

i just assumed the reason the rematch wasnt tonight at Conte because the men's BB was playing but they are at 'cuse, so why isn't the game tonight? Doesn't seem to be a reason..........

Comment

i just assumed the reason the rematch wasnt tonight at Conte because the men's BB was playing but they are at 'cuse, so why isn't the game tonight? Doesn't seem to be a reason..........
                      bc wanted to have a mlk day celebration since they actively recruit so many colored students.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        bc wanted to have a mlk day celebration since they actively recruit so many colored students.
                        so incredibly non-PC Mookie!

Comment

Pats at 8:30. The teams wouldn't even have shown up.

A little foresight this year by the folks at HEA?
                          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Question for Eagle fans, if you were gonna win one of the next two, which one do you want? A loss to BU in the league REALLY tightens up the standings but a 'pot win gives a chance of a trophy and continues the recent streak going in that event.
                            Wanted all three. But since one is gone, I'll settle for the next two. Nothing less.

Comment

Pats at 8:30. The teams wouldn't even have shown up.

A little foresight this year by the folks at HEA?
                              I suppose you're right ......................some alumni and a few students wouldn't show up because more than half the students were rooting for the other team last night as they are not from (t)here. I guess because i am not a Pats fan i just SMH. I wonder if it's sold out............. I'd have gone with your tickets. I agree with whomever said to start Monday at 4 or so, heck, NBA and NHL have afternoon games or are we trying to avoid the Bruins televised game too

Comment

Nobody cares about the bruins these days

Comment

Working...
                                X