2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

This is huge, even if it is several years late. The fact is was live back a decade ago and not recently is still crazy to me. Hopefully, they (NCAA/Big Ten Network) will put competent people in the booth. The broadcasts on NCAA.com over the last several years have been brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Do you see Minnesota and Wisconsin "sucking" anytime soon to even ask this question? Referring to the "B6" from the WCH perspective is confusing since only 4 participate
      UW/UM sucking.....UM already does! LOL.....It's just for conversational purposes....B6 should have been B4, just so used to typing B6 in regards to men's hockey. Carry on.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Do you see Minnesota and Wisconsin "sucking" anytime soon to even ask this question? Referring to the "B6" from the WCH perspective is confusing since only 4 participate
        Next year it will depend on the kimchi.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          UW/UM sucking.....UM already does! LOL.....It's just for conversational purposes....B6 should have been B4, just so used to typing B6 in regards to men's hockey. Carry on.
          Ah, confused between mens & womens teams. That explains so much, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            Ah, confused between mens & womens teams. That explains so much, thanks
            I figured it might have been an early start on the paint thinner causing some confuzzlement.

My guess is that quite a few teams would love to have the "down" year Minnesota is having this year.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Next year it will depend on the kimchi.
              Clarkson is living proof it is possible...

And think about it....Clarkson is the only reason Minnesota doesn't have a string of 5 straight Championships.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-09-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                This is huge, even if it is several years late. The fact is was live back a decade ago and not recently is still crazy to me. Hopefully, they (NCAA/Big Ten Network) will put competent people in the booth. The broadcasts on NCAA.com over the last several years have been brutal.
                The last two years were so bad they even made me miss Allison Jaime Mleczko. Well, maybe not.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-09-2017, 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

If you haven't already purchased tickets to the Women's Frozen Four, now is the time!! If you can get a group of 10+ you can get all session GA tickets for $15! If you are interested please let me know and I will get that form to you ASAP!
                  Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

You all have mentioned how the NCAA likes to eliminate travel costs in quarterfinal games. For example putting Minnesota duluth (3) vs Minnesota (5) against each other instead of the normal 3 vs. 6. What would they do if they finish 2,4 or 3,4. Would they still have them play each other?
                    Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                      You all have mentioned how the NCAA likes to eliminate travel costs in quarterfinal games. For example putting Minnesota duluth (3) vs Minnesota (5) against each other instead of the normal 3 vs. 6. What would they do if they finish 2,4 or 3,4. Would they still have them play each other?
                      The top 4 teams are seeded and can't play each other. The bottom four are free-floating and will play the top 4. They will try to keep bracket integrity (i.e. 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5) as best as possible, however they will minimize flights first. For example if you have a top 8 of:

1 Wisconsin
                      2 Duluth
                      3 St. Lawrence
                      4 Boston College
                      5 Minnesota
                      6 Clarkson
                      7 Cornell
                      8 Robert Morris,

They would have 5 Minnesota @ 2 Duluth, since Minnesota is going to HAVE to bus to one of those two western teams. Then they would assign the rest of the bracket from there. So:

8 Robert Morris @ 1 Wisconsin
                      7 Cornell @ 3 St. Lawrence
                      6 Clarkson @ 4 Boston College
                      5 Minnesota @ 2 Minnesota-Duluth

There's the minor caveat that they might send Cornell to BC and Clarkson to St. Lawrence (Clarkson to SLU is like 11 miles away) to save money, which they did last year with Northeastern and BC, but to the letter of the criteria, they wouldn't (they're REQUIRED to minimize flights -- nothing more than that -- but last year they minimized hotel stays too since Northeastern could just stay at their own dorm when they played at BC, and Clarkson could do the same this year if they went to SLU). But, anyway, that gives you a general idea of how it works.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

How often are the bracketology articles posted?

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                          How often are the bracketology articles posted?
                          The Ice Garden usually does one a week. I had been meaning to do another one for BC Interruption so I can do that this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            The Ice Garden usually does one a week. I had been meaning to do another one for BC Interruption so I can do that this afternoon.
                            Here you go: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...gles-minnesota

Comment

BC going to Minnesota...

I know you wouldn't necessarily like that but this is probably the year where that may work in BC's favor.

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X