Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Let's go RED!

Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

I can't pull off the weekend trip and make it down Friday, but Sunday looks doable if/when UW is playing.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I can't pull off the weekend trip and make it down Friday, but Sunday looks doable if/when UW is playing.
    Great! The championship game will begin a 2:00 PM on Sunday. Single Session tickets will go on sale a couple of weeks before the event. Thanks!

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Not sure, but I think referring to the participants as Women rather that Girls might be a good idea, just sayin!
    as you can see, advertising that you will set aside seats as a safe space for escaping micro-aggressions would be an important consideration for some people attending
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    as you can see, advertising that you will set aside seats as a safe space for escaping micro-aggressions would be an important consideration for some people attending
    Adding to the "set aside seats as a safe space", they should make it known that playdough and/or coloring books with crayons are available upon request in said seats to further aide the escape

Sorry for a bit off thread but Trevor's comment about the carbon monoxide reminds me of when Coach Charlie Holt was told that the CO in old Snively Arena at UNH had a very high level, he simply said, "but we practice in it, they don't"! As most of you know it never helped us.......

Question that I'm hoping you all can help me out with. We are looking for former NCAA Women's Ice Hockey players that are possibly from the St. Louis Area. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tmitchell View Post
    Question that I'm hoping you all can help me out with. We are looking for former NCAA Women's Ice Hockey players that are possibly from the St. Louis Area. Any ideas?
    I'd say Jincy Dunn but she is not former. She might be someone to ask if nobody here can remember any.
    Last edited by ne7minder; 01-12-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    I'd say Jincy Dunn but she is not former.
    Thumbs up. Just don't forget Jessica Dunne.

tmitchell: Any Lodging Recommendations or Deals that you know of? Or at least ideal locations?

Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post

tmitchell: Any Lodging Recommendations or Deals that you know of? Or at least ideal locations?
    Doesn't Ohio State have three on their roster from St Louis, MO? The two Dunne sisters and Katie Matheny?

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Doesn't Ohio State have three on their roster from St Louis, MO? The two Dunne sisters and Katie Matheny?
    Yup. My bad. That'll teach me not to make hurried comments before dashing off to work.

I did sort of forget her! I knew she played for OSU but couldn't remember her first name & was too lazy to look it up!
    Would there be any interest in an all USCHO get-together on the rest day, say for lunch or dinner?

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

We are looking for former NCAA Women's Ice Hockey players that are possibly from the St. Louis Area. Any ideas?
    snicker snicker
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Would there be any interest in an all USCHO get-together on the rest day, say for lunch or dinner?
    It's a great idea.

What you need is a small group of organizers to pick a time and place. To create interest, keep the on-line conversation going, possibly on this thread. We used this formula for a decade's worth of "USCHO Posters Games" in connection with the Men's FF, and it worked out very well. Basically it was an Open Hockey/Drop-In Hockey session. That event was held from 2002 through 2011.

Personally, my own plans for St. Louis are much too iffy for me to be organizer. But I'd certainly help keep the conversation going, and be there if I travel.

Another possibility is to focus on the hotel side. The idea would be to identify a hotel close to the rink with good restaurant/bar/recreation options. Then, if most posters stayed at the "Tournament Central" -- or at least close by -- holding a Meet & Greet might be doable.

And for that matter, as long as there was a hotel or two to focus on, you wouldn't necessarily need a specific time. Just hang out with the hockey crowd, and let conversations happen as they may.

Other ideas?

Even though the numbers will be small, it's a legitimate question.

Given that St. Louis is a major market, odds are that a handful of players have migrated there for career reasons. But identifying them will be a chore. I would think that most D-1 programs would have an Alumni Association with a reasonably current address list. But contacting those associations one-by-one would admittedly be labor intensive.

As for players that came from St. Louis, most programs keep an All-Time Letterwinners list. Typically such a list would include hometowns. Or, you could check old Roster sheets. Many of these items are archived and available on-line. But again, that's starting to get labor intensive.

You might want to assemble an e-mail list of Women's Hockey SIDs. Then, send out a group message, posing your question to them. The SIDs will know the ins & outs of their school's database. Of course even with a follow-up e-mail you wouldn't get a 100% response rate. But you might just uncover a name or two.

It's a great idea.

What you need is a small group of organizers to pick a time and place. To create interest, keep the on-line conversation going, possibly on this thread. We used this formula for a decade's worth of "USCHO Posters Games" in connection with the Men's FF, and it worked out very well. Basically it was an Open Hockey/Drop-In Hockey session. That event was held from 2002 through 2011.

Personally, my own plans for St. Louis are much too iffy for me to be organizer. But I'd certainly help keep the conversation going, and be there if I travel.

Another possibility is to focus on the hotel side. The idea would be to identify a hotel close to the rink with good restaurant/bar/recreation options. Then, if most posters stayed at the "Tournament Central" -- or at least close by -- holding a Meet & Greet might be doable.

And for that matter, as long as there was a hotel or two to focus on, you wouldn't necessarily need a specific time. Just hang out with the hockey crowd, and let conversations happen as they may.

Other ideas?
    MY work life just got turned on its head again and now I am not sure we are even going. I have not canceled the hotel yet but if my boss continues down the current path I will have to in a couple of weeks.

MY work life just got turned on its head again and now I am not sure we are even going. I have not canceled the hotel yet but if my boss continues down the current path I will have to in a couple of weeks.
    Sorry to hear it, and definitely understood.

In my case, time off is the issue. Might mean I do Friday OR Sunday, but not both. Which of course could easily mess up Saturday plans.

St. Louis is a 7 Hour Car Trip from Columbus, a bit closer than most Women's FF sites. So regardless of participating teams, I'm certainly interested in attending. Will probably be in position to make the call a couple of weeks out. On the plus side, last minute tickets shouldn't be a problem with a 10,000 seat venue.

Bigger Picture: Regardless of whether either of us personally goes, a designated restaurant and/or hotel is still a good idea for those making the trip.

If you check out our microsite it lists some St. Charles area hotels and distance to the arena. I will copy the link to this post! Thank you!

https://stlsports.org/special-event/...n-four/hotels/

It's a great idea.

Other ideas?
    Downtown St. Charles has many great restaurants and bars for you all to get together at!

visit http://www.historicstcharles.com/ for more information!

We are trying to follow along as much as possible to stay up to date with the happenings in Women's College Hockey, we are currently in the process of looking into good news stories involving the top teams who have a chance of making it here to St. Charles for the Women's Frozen Four. If you all have any ideas, please let me know!

When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!

(Banned by the NCAA)

Thread Information