Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    If RMU does win, I think it will be seen by some to rival that 1980 game as an upset.
    Is there something beyond a miracle?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      I don't think they're eligible to play because of one too few X-factors. In 1980 I think the biggest X-factor was Tretiak and his teams overconfidence and lack of respect for their opponent. I don't think Mark Johnson will let that happen to his current team.
      The coach pulling Tretiak is probably the biggest coaching blunder of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Is there something beyond a miracle?
        My wife said she always has faith in her team (the Gophers) no matter what. Of course, it's easier to say that if you're not a 400 to 1 underdog.

There's always a chance to win, but if I were a RMU fan at Labahn I would just enjoy the atmosphere of being there and of course, the hot chocolate and hot dogs. Sorry, I meant bratwurst.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-07-2017, 03:47 PM. Reason: Wisconsin bratwurst
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          The coach pulling Tretiak is probably the biggest coaching blunder of all time.
          Rough 1st period for Tretiak, but yes, with the benefit of hindsight I think it was a big mistake, too. Those US kids were pretty dam good though.

When I lived in Eveleth in the 80's, just a few houses from Pavelich's folks' home, the US hockey Hall of Fame had a room with memorabilia of the 80' team and played a video of the game with Russia constantly or whenever they could afford to keep the doors open anyway. I wonder if they still do that.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
            but if I were a RMU fan at Labahn I would just enjoy the atmosphere of being there and of course, the hot chocolate and hot dogs. Sorry, I meant bratwurst.
            They have both, but neither is very good.

Often as not, the hot dogs (Cher-make) taste like they took uncooked, precooked dogs, shoved them in a bun, stuck the combo in a steam table and waited for the unsuspecting customer to come along. Last year, it was the same for the brats; Johnsonville precooked. They looked (and look) like there was no effort to do anything to "brown" them at all. This year - after I and who knows who else complained - they went back to Johnsonvilles that had to be actually cooked at some point (not necessarily that day) so one could see some effort at browning them had occurred. So occassionally, you get a decent one. But only occassionally. And that is generally true for LaBahn, the Kohl Center, Camp Randall, the Field House...

(But like a dope, I keep buying 'em.)

Comment

Bump
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Have you all purchased your tickets for the Women's Frozen Four?
                Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

• Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                  Haha. What's your cut on ticket sales made through spamming message boards?
                  Ducks Fly Together

Comment

Instead of begging people to buy tickets, tmitchell, why don't you entice more people to make the trip by telling us what St. Charles is doing to roll out the red carpet for Women's Hockey fans? What should fans look forward to around the arena before and after the games?

Comment

Originally posted by charlieconway View Post
                      Haha. What's your cut on ticket sales made through spamming message boards?
                      $0, just trying to make sure we put on a great event for these women!
                      Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                        Instead of begging people to buy tickets, tmitchell, why don't you entice more people to make the trip by telling us what St. Charles is doing to roll out the red carpet for Women's Hockey fans? What should fans look forward to around the arena before and after the games?
                        You are right! Downtown St. Charles has plenty to offer and over 150 restaurants to choose from, check out this website for more information on historic St. Charles and what it has to offer! http://www.historicstcharles.com/

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Often as not, the hot dogs (Cher-make) taste like they took uncooked, precooked dogs, shoved them in a bun, stuck the combo in a steam table and waited for the unsuspecting customer to come along. Last year, it was the same for the brats; Johnsonville precooked.
                          At least you can wash them down with a tasty Royal Crown Cola. For a special treat, you even buy that RC Cola in a $4 bottle that's likely to be flat and semi-frozen. Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                            You are right! Downtown St. Charles has plenty to offer and over 150 restaurants to choose from, check out this website for more information on historic St. Charles and what it has to offer! http://www.historicstcharles.com/
                            Yes, but are any of them actually doing anything to welcome Frozen Four visitors? Will they even know the event is going on? Are any of those 150 restaurants within walking distance of the arena?

Passing along information like that is going to do far more to make a great event than spamming the board with ticket sales pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                              Not til UW beats St. L in the semi's.....Help me out and post some info on hotels that are close to the arena. Tx.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Not til UW beats St. L in the semi's.....Help me out and post some info on hotels that are close to the arena. Tx.
                                Here is the link to hotel info near Family Arena: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...n-four/hotels/

Comment

Working...
                                X