2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    Yes, we have a devoted core of hockey fans here who will buy tickets even if the best team in the nation is not in the championship game . Add to that the fact the NC$$ keeps a ton of the best seats for themselves (often empty during the games) and your choices can be slim if you wait till February to buy.
    If I remember correctly, in 2015 tickets went on sale around Christmas, were standing room only by late January and were sold out with a waiting list by early February.

Of course, Ridder might be the perfect example of how success can be the best marketing tool. The perfect season that lead to the high scalper prices certainly helped the quick sell out of 2015, but the previous time Ridder hosted, with Duluth winning the title, it was one of the the smallest, if not the smallest crowd in the wFF history.

Comment

• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Why were the Clarkson fans chanting "Let's go Tech"? A local nickname?

So next year the tourney is in rodentapolis, I hear the tickets sell out quickly once they become available, is this correct?
      You can walk up and buy a ticket the day of the game. In 2010, you could get one for less than face value; in 2013, the scalpers wanted more for some reason. Hopefully, they charge more if you're wearing red.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        You can walk up and buy a ticket the day of the game. In 2010, you could get one for less than face value; in 2013, the scalpers wanted more for some reason. Hopefully, they charge more if you're wearing red.
        That definitely wasn't true in 2015--we waited too long to buy tickets and ended up paying an inflated (but not astronomical) price on StubHub the week before the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by IDK View Post
          That definitely wasn't true in 2015--we waited too long to buy tickets and ended up paying an inflated (but not astronomical) price on StubHub the week before the finals.
          I guess with the games on the B7 network it's not as critical to go....I won't pay inflated ticket prices to no stinking rodent fans. I do think we'll come the weekend UW plays in rodentapolis barring a scheduling conflict with fall musky fishing or hubby-wife shopping trip. Hopefully it's a Saturday-Sunday series.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I guess with the games on the B7 network it's not as critical to go....I won't pay inflated ticket prices to no stinking rodent fans. I do think we'll come the weekend UW plays in rodentapolis barring a scheduling conflict with fall musky fishing or hubby-wife shopping trip. Hopefully it's a Saturday-Sunday series.
            There's muskies in Wisconsin? I thought you guys only fished for bullheads. Or do I have you confused with Iowa?
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              There's muskies in Wisconsin? I thought you guys only fished for bullheads. Or do I have you confused with Iowa?
              Haha, not a chance confusing the fishing between WI and IA, just like there's not a chance confusing fishing between WI and MN. MN doesn't hold a candle to WI, don't lie to yourself. I have heard there are muskys in some IA rivers.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Haha, not a chance confusing the fishing between WI and IA, just like there's not a chance confusing fishing between WI and MN. MN doesn't hold a candle to WI, don't lie to yourself. I have heard there are muskys in some IA rivers.
                Yes there are, but they don't fish for them because they're not bullheads. You sound a little defensive. Is it because Wisconsin doesn't have an International Eelpout Festival like we do in Walker? I once led an ice fishing contest in Waskish on Red Lake after the first day of fishing with a 4 1/2 pound "pout." The next morning when I showed up to go fishing I wasn't even on the leader board. How the h... was I to know others would fish for the dam things all night? We ate it though. Wasn't bad.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-24-2017, 03:21 PM.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by IDK View Post
                  I didn't say you could buy one at a ticket window. When the "sold out" sign goes up, there are always guys with poorly-made cardboard signs playing "Let's Make a Deal".

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I didn't say you could buy one at a ticket window. When the "sold out" sign goes up, there are always guys with poorly-made cardboard signs playing "Let's Make a Deal".
                    Uncle Monty's Cookie Jar was always a dangerous play.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Why were the Clarkson fans chanting "Let's go Tech"? A local nickname?

So next year the tourney is in rodentapolis, I hear the tickets sell out quickly once they become available, is this correct?
                      We aren't going to call ourselves CU with Cornell and Colgate in the conference ... not to mention, it'd be too easy to add letters (just ask SLU).
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Nice NY Times article on the National Champs .

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/s...gain.html?_r=1

Celebration today at 5:15PM. You can watch it live

https://campaigns.clarkson.edu/champs2017/

LGT LGT LGT
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Nice NY Times article on the National Champs .

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/s...gain.html?_r=1

Celebration today at 5:15PM. You can watch it live

https://campaigns.clarkson.edu/champs2017/

LGT LGT LGT
                          There is a twitter pic of the LA Times blurb that credited Clarkson College of Omaha, Nebraska beating Wisconsin 3-0.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            There is a twitter pic of the LA Times blurb that credited Clarkson College of Omaha, Nebraska beating Wisconsin 3-0.
                            Who knew that a small, focused health care education institution could come out of nowhere to become a Cinderella story and win a national championship?
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              Who knew that a small, focused health care education institution could come out of nowhere to become a Cinderella story and win a national championship?
                              May be they (Clarkson College of Omaha) will get an invitation to the White House from the President.

Like 2014, my guess is Clarkson University has too many Canadians to get an invite.
                              Last edited by vicb; 04-01-2017, 10:13 AM.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                May be they (Clarkson College of Omaha) will get an invitation to the White House from the President.

Like 2014, my guess is Clarkson University I guess has too many Canadians to get an invite.
                                If The Donald finds that out, he may try to build another wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X