• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

I think we usually do a poll for this -- I'll start one up
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

We all know who the stars of each team are, but who is the biggest X-factor for each team in their hopes of winning it all!
      Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
        We all know who the stars of each team are, but who is the biggest X-factor for each team in their hopes of winning it all!
        Minnesota
        1-Sidney Peters-she holds our fate in her hands. Well, not really because we also need to figure out how to score if we are to win. But we can't do it without Ms Peters.
        2-Caitlyn Reilly- she's shown signs that she can put points on the board. And she has been looking pretty good lately. I think a lot of people thought she was the one that was going to end the game last Saturday vs the Bulldogs.
        3-Lindsay Agnew- Lindsay has not found the key to scoring here at D1. But I like the way she looks out on the ice a lot of the time. And it would be great for her to pick up some points in the tourney to get confidence heading to next year (and to help out the team ). I'm really pulling for her!
        Last edited by KTDC; 03-07-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Wisconsin X factors....the 3rd line....Roque, Wellhausen, Shaver.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

1 Shea Tiley
            2) 2nd Line
            3) 3rd line
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
              Minnesota
              1-Sidney Peters-she holds our fate in her hands. Well, not really because we also need to figure out how to score if we are to win. But we can't do it without Ms Peters.
              2-Caitlyn Reilly- she's shown signs that she can put points on the board. And she has been looking pretty good lately. I think a lot of people thought she was the one that was going to end the game last Saturday vs the Bulldogs.
              3-Lindsay Agnew- Lindsay has not found the key to scoring here at D1. But I like the way she looks out on the ice a lot of the time. And it would be great for her to pick up some points in the tourney to get confidence heading to next year (and to help out the team ). I'm really pulling for her!
              Will Cameranesi be playing? An article I read on Icegarden.com said she would be.
              Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

It doesn't matter which player does it, the Gophers just need someone from the 2nd or 3rd line to step up. Every frozen four that they have won they have had someone from the 2nd or 3rd lines to score at least one goal and usually it turned out to be huge (Williamson '16, Lorence '15, Kortum '13, Erickson '12, Phillipczyk '05, Nichols '04). Who might it be? I'll guess Schipper.

Of course, to get into that position to win it all they're also going to need Sidney to be at her best every game.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Will Cameranesi be playing? An article I read on Icegarden.com said she would be.
                  Well of course she is, it isn't like she retired or anything..LOL.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

RMU

1. Jim Craig
                    2. Mike Eruzione
                    3. Mark Johnson

Comment

Yes, we certainly expect so, as she played all five periods against UMD

I didn't notice that she even took any shifts off. There was one shift however when she was so gassed she could hardly skate. But I also saw Stalder so tired on one shift it appeared she couldn't stand up straight.

Comment

Ooooh that's a good question.

I'll go with Erin Connolly for BC. She's a redshirt freshman that started the year at D and was forced into a forward role thanks to losing a player. She's been really good, and the last couple weeks they've put her on the third line, and the third line has really clicked.

If they can keep that up it would go a long way toward getting a couple upsets in St. Charles, if BC gets there.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                          RMU

1. Jim Craig
                          2. Mike Eruzione
                          3. Mark Johnson
                          I don't think they're eligible to play because of one too few X-factors. In 1980 I think the biggest X-factor was Tretiak and his teams overconfidence and lack of respect for their opponent. I don't think Mark Johnson will let that happen to his current team.
                          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-07-2017, 01:06 PM. Reason: X Y issue

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            I don't think they're eligible to play because of one too few X-factors.
                            lol You're right (now). Sorry. Forgot about that eligibility thing!
                            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                              lol You're right. Sorry. Forgot about that!
                              If RMU does win, I think it will be seen by some to rival that 1980 game as an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                                If RMU does win, I think it will be seen by some to rival that 1980 game as an upset.
                                Yes. Vegas has it set at 400 to 1
                                Last edited by KTDC; 03-07-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X