Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Earlier on this thread Arlan said "Having voted for FF All-Tourney teams in the past, they usually ask for the ballots back so early that it excludes the last 10 minutes in the third period. Sometimes, you have to vote 'Winning goaltender' because the game is still tied." Somebody over the weekend posted a photo of their ballot for the men's Big Ten Tournament (I thought it was Todd Milewski, but looking at his twitter feed right now, I'm not seeing it) and the instructions at the top of the ballot said much the same thing as Arlan said; "Ballots are due before five minutes remaining in the third period" or some such (even though that game went into double-overtime).

Yes, I think such a process is silly, and should be changed. Yes, I think who gets on an all-tournament team is pretty trivial and unimportant. But within the context, just saying "the goalie of the winning team should have won the award" simply ignores the process, and what the voters did and did not know at the time they had to make their choice. At the time they had to make their choice, ARD was a completely reasonable choice to make.
    Ahh, my memory from the weekend was faulty - I have PLENTY I'd rather forget! It wasn't the men's B1G tourney, it was Nicole Haase and her ballot for the Women's Championship game: "Ballots will be collected with approximately five minutes remaining in the contest"

https://***********/NicoleHaase/stat...77447094325252

Comment

An ode to the 2017 Frozen Four and Clarkson Women's Hockey

It was a Friday in St Charles
      To the Family Arena they came
      Four teams on a mission
      Only one would win their last game

The Badgers were rated the best
      The Eagles stood in their way
      A goaltending dual they played
      The Badgers would win that day

The Knights were the number two seed
      The Gophers were number three
      A back and forth battle they played
      One the Knights would win, whoopee

On a Sunday in St Charles they met
      The best two teams alive
      Clarkson seeking championship Two
      Wisconsin number five

The Badgers were the favorite
      But the Knight’s fans had no fear
      After the end of this game
      They would celebrate the victory with a beer

The game was one for the ages
      Another goaltending dual would be played
      A goal by Savannah Harmon
      Made the Wisconsin fans dismayed

To the last period they battled
      The Knights were leading by one
      Then late it was Gabel to Mercer
      Goal number two and Wisconsin was done

In the end Clarkson won by three
      Despite Desbien being Desbien
      The Knight Coaches and players were Champions
      Because Shea Tiley was tres bien.

As a fan of women’s hockey
      Since Clarkson's beginning in 2004
      Thank you Thank you Thank you
      For making my spirits soar.

Matt, Britini and Tony
      You are the coaching staff supreme
      And the women of Clarkson hockey
      You are the meaning of the word team

LGT LGT LGT
      Last edited by vicb; 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Well, wouldn't a 22 save shutout be easier than a 41 save shutout?

Sean
        Not necessarily, it depends on the quality of the shots.

Is driving 22 miles over a pothole filled back road easier than driving 41 miles on a brand new highway just because it's a shorter distance?

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          An ode to the 2017 Frozen Four and Clarkson Women's Hockey

LGT LGT LGT
          vicb-props to your ode and to your team. Clarkson women's hockey has put together an interesting thing up there by the border!

Comment

Why were the Clarkson fans chanting "Let's go Tech"? A local nickname?

So next year the tourney is in rodentapolis, I hear the tickets sell out quickly once they become available, is this correct?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Not necessarily, it depends on the quality of the shots.

Is driving 22 miles over a pothole filled back road easier than driving 41 miles on a brand new highway just because it's a shorter distance?
              In New Jersey? Hmmmmmm.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Why were the Clarkson fans chanting "Let's go Tech"? A local nickname?

So next year the tourney is in rodentapolis, I hear the tickets sell out quickly once they become available, is this correct?
                The locals can speak more to it but Clarkson University used to be CCT (Clarkson College of Technology).
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  The locals can speak more to it but Clarkson University used to be CCT (Clarkson College of Technology).
                  Yes, college hockey fans seem to enjoy living in the past: just ask the Cornell band.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Became Clarkson University in 1984.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      More Accurately - Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial College of Technology.

A Workman That Needeth Not Be Ashamed
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by rochnycsc View Post
                        Became Clarkson University in 1984.
                        A day that will live in infamy
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          More Accurately - Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial College of Technology.

A Workman That Needeth Not Be Ashamed
                          And proud to be a graduate LGT
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Yes, we have a devoted core of hockey fans here who will buy tickets even if the best team in the nation is not in the championship game . Add to that the fact the NC$$ keeps a ton of the best seats for themselves (often empty during the games) and your choices can be slim if you wait till February to buy. All bets are off though if some combination of trickery and deceit keeps the correct team from being there. If that were to happen you might even be able to walk up to the window and buy.

the 41-0-0 season ended at Ridder and scalpers were getting $400 for that championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              And proud to be a graduate LGT
                              Wait a minute...I wouldn't, by chance, happen to be looking at your profile (w/photo) on the Clarkson Alumni site, would I?
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Wait a minute...I wouldn't, by chance, happen to be looking at your profile (w/photo) on the Clarkson Alumni site, would I?
                                You just might. I think I am the only Vic B. on the site.
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
                                X