Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    (As for "200 feet by 85 feet or 17,000 square feet": if the rink were a full rectangle, that would be valid, but the corners are rounded, and this doesn't account for that in any way.)
    The 4 corners should have a 28 foot radius. Assuming 200 Ft X 85 Ft with 28 Ft Radii in the corners gives one a surface area of 16,327.01 Sq Ft. And yes I was an engineer .
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The lack of replays at the rink was awful and unacceptable for games of this magnitude. I still have no clue how Clarkson scored the first goal. Those final 4 towels were a joke. Whose gonna wave generic team towels at a game? Should have had separate ones for each team, that would have been cool. I can't believe they allowed the knight into the building with a sword. It was cool to allow all the signs.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I would like to say thank you to all of those that came out in support of these teams and this event! We got to witness some very exciting and thrilling games over the weekend! We hope to host this event again in the future. Thank you all again for your support!!
        Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          If my Harding math is correct, an NHL sized rink is 200 feet by 85 feet or 17,000 square feet (200 X 85). I read somewhere that the Family Arena hockey rink is 17,900 square feet so a little larger than a normal NHL rink (they vary a little) but smaller than the Olympic sized rink of 20,000 square feet (200 X 100). Don't quote me on any of this though, I only got a B in math.
          Thanks for the response. When I read it I also thought about the rounded corners but don't feel badly about the "B". My recollection of high school math is that most were a lot better at algebra than geometry or vice versa...they seldom excelled at both...and you were venturing from one into the other. But in keeping with full disclosure you did include the disclaimer, haha.

I think that the sq.ftge. way to view this is rather interesting as opposed to just concentrating on the actual dimensions even though one translates into the other.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            The 4 corners should have a 28 foot radius.
            Curious, how did you determine this? My geometry, if I ever knew this much, is failing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Those final 4 towels were a joke. Whose gonna wave generic team towels at a game? Should have had separate ones for each team, that would have been cool.
              Actually, they also give out similar towels for the Mens Frozen Four, but I've never seen them actually call for people to wave them before the game.

I forgot to mention the joke that was the PA announcers during the game. It was strange for the goalie not to be called first during lineups, but not nearly as strange as when they started by calling out a Clarkson players name when announcing the Gophers lineup on Friday. They never announced when the Power Plays were over. I also think they forgot to say ARD's name when handing out the individual trophies post game on Sunday (I don't remember hearing it, and I saw she skated over and just grabbed one while they were listing the coaches/staff.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                Actually, they also give out similar towels for the Mens Frozen Four, but I've never seen them actually call for people to wave them before the game.

I forgot to mention the joke that was the PA announcers during the game. It was strange for the goalie not to be called first during lineups, but not nearly as strange as when they started by calling out a Clarkson players name when announcing the Gophers lineup on Friday. They never announced when the Power Plays were over. I also think they forgot to say ARD's name when handing out the individual trophies post game on Sunday (I don't remember hearing it, and I saw she skated over and just grabbed one while they were listing the coaches/staff.)
                PA announcing was a MESS! Couldn't hear clearly at all, and not announcing the end of penalties? Come on. Interestingly at the Robert Morris/UW game, they also announced the goalies last, maybe an NCAA thing? Did I miss any line-up or roster sheets that were available or were there none?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                  I asked the same question yesterday because I thought the same thing but didn't get a response so I guess no one knows the answer. Seemed to me to be wider than an NHL but not as wide as an Olympic sheet.
                  The kickplates looked funny. Either they went down in the corners or the ice surface went up.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                    Thank you for the feedback, I hope you enjoyed your weekend.
                    2 things:
                    If you could ask the folks there for the ice dimensions it would ease a lot of brain strain.
                    You might also let them know that ice hockey requires an ice surface.

Comment

PA announcing was a MESS! Couldn't hear clearly at all, and not announcing the end of penalties? Come on. Interestingly at the Robert Morris/UW game, they also announced the goalies last, maybe an NCAA thing? Did I miss any line-up or roster sheets that were available or were there none?
                      We noticed that the Gopher goalie Peters was announced last in Duluth, too.
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        2 things:
                        If you could ask the folks there for the ice dimensions it would ease a lot of brain strain.
                        Before I resorted to the rule book, I googled plenty, trying to find the answer, and I couldn't find it. The Family Arena people don't seem to want it known. Another reason I suspect it may be short of 85 feet, even if they come back and say it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                          We noticed that the Gopher goalie Peters was announced last in Duluth, too.
                          they did it by sweater number, lowest to highest

Comment

Before I resorted to the rule book, I googled plenty, trying to find the answer, and I couldn't find it. The Family Arena people don't seem to want it known. Another reason I suspect it may be short of 85 feet, even if they come back and say it is.
                            Well then we duplicated efforts. I hunted all over, even found out they have a facebook page. I wonder if it was a bit short & that made it look off?

Comment

All I can say is that rink have better been regulation size. It's bad enough they didn't play on ice.

Comment

All I can say is that rink have better been regulation size. It's bad enough they didn't play on ice.
                                There is some wiggle room in what "regulation" is. The old DECC in Duluth sure wasn't what the regulations stated.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X