Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 NCAA Women's Frozen Four

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Maybe there is some kind of correlation between the top players and the top teams?
    Not necessarily. Bad defense/goaltending or early season stumbles.

See below:

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Brittney Howard, Victoria Bach, Mary Parker, Hailey Kryzaniak to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      BC
      UW
      Clarkson
      Syracuse
      I would agree with those.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Looks as if the 4 hosting the quarterfinals will be Wisconsin, Clarkson, either UMN or UMD, and St. Lawrence.... and possibly BC .. is this correct?
        Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
          Looks as if the 4 hosting the quarterfinals will be Wisconsin, Clarkson, either UMN or UMD, and St. Lawrence.... and possibly BC .. is this correct?
          Not entirely. Wisconsin is the only team that's locked in a home quarterfinal. Both Clarkson and St Lawrence are in a lot of peril if they lose their conference semifinal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
            Not entirely. Wisconsin is the only team that's locked in a home quarterfinal. Both Clarkson and St Lawrence are in a lot of peril if they lose their conference semifinal.
            Sometimes being in peril is ok......for a guy who stumbles upon a castle......
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Sometimes being in peril is ok......for a guy who stumbles upon a castle......
              Stumbling upon castles doesn't happen too often. The guy is more likely to trip on a gopher hole, fall into a badger den or even get eaten by a hungry bulldog somewhere along the way. It is possible though, as we have seen with some Golden Knights.
              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-28-2017, 05:34 PM.
              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                Stumbling upon castles doesn't happen too often. The guy is more likely to trip on a gopher hole, fall into a badger den or even get eaten by a hungry bulldog somewhere along the way. It is possible though, as we have seen with some Golden Knights.
                Or this may be the year he is rescued by a Saint.
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Wednesday Women

How do y'all give my Megan Keller article a shoutout...

Right now, apologies to BC Interruption’s campaign to get the Patty Kaz to Megan Keller, I see the final three being Desbiens, Pannek, and either Cayley Mercer of Clarkson or Kennedy Marchment of St. Lawrence.
                  ...but then act like my MAGNUM OPUS doesn't exist??!

The other thing to wonder about is whether if BC wins the Hockey East tournament the Eagles can move up high enough in the PairWise to get home ice in the NCAA tournament. I’d say given that Clarkson and St. Lawrence are above the Eagles, as are Minnesota, Minnesota Duluth, and Wisconsin, it’s unlikely. I think for the Eagles to move up that high, Clarkson, Minnesota, and St. Lawrence would all need to lose their semifinal games next week.

Who do you think advances to face BC in Hockey East? Do you even think BC gets to the final, and if they do, do you think they can get home ice in the NCAA tournament?
                  There's a factual answer to this question and it's sitting RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS GAHHHH
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Wednesday Women

How do y'all give my Megan Keller article a shoutout...

...but then act like my MAGNUM OPUS doesn't exist??!

There's a factual answer to this question and it's sitting RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS GAHHHH
                    I couldn't be more Shaggy in this moment if I tried
                    It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Is the seating reserved or general admission? If UW makes it to the final I should have no problem buying 5 tickets Saturday or at the game Sunday, will I?
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There are both Reserved and GA sections.

Being that it's a 10,000 seat venue, 400 miles from the closest school that will make the tournament, I think it's a safe bet that it won't sell out.

Comment

Is the seating reserved or general admission? If UW makes it to the final I should have no problem buying 5 tickets Saturday or at the game Sunday, will I?
                          I hope you are doing this to save on fees rather than confidence in your team.

Comment

There are center ice reserved seats and also GA seats. You should have no problem getting 5 tickets.
                            Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                              There are both Reserved and GA sections.

Being that it's a 10,000 seat venue, 400 miles from the closest school that will make the tournament, I think it's a safe bet that it won't sell out.
                              It is a 10,000 seat venue but we are only using the lower bowl, which is around 4,000 seats.

Comment

1) Wisconsin vs. 8) Robert Morris

2) Clarkson vs. 7) Cornell

3) Minnesota-Duluth vs. 6) Minnesota

4) Boston College vs. 5) St. Lawrence

Who advances to St. Charles??

Comment

Working...
                                X