Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2016-17, part 2: Just Play The National Title Game Already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2016-17, part 2: Just Play The National Title Game Already!

And the ex Baylor AD was recently hired by Liberty U for the same position. JF Jr (who IMO is nuttier than a fruitcake) extolled the man's virtues when he was hired.

Kill football in Texas? Well Bless my pea pickin' heart! That's like trying to take the guns away at an NRA convention. You'll be messing with some really angry people.

Come to think of it, though, they did kill SMU.

I guess Ouwachita Baptist better watch out!
    Last edited by joecct; 01-28-2017, 07:58 AM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: College Football 2016-17, part 2: Just Play The National Title Game Already!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And the ex Baylor AD was recently hired by Liberty U for the same position. JF Jr (who IMO is nuttier than a fruitcake) extolled the man's virtues when he was hired.

Kill football in Texas? Well Bless my pea pickin' heart! That's like trying to take the guns away at an NRA convention. You'll be messing with some really angry people.

Come to think of it, though, they did kill SMU.

I guess Ouwachita Baptist better watch out!
      Lest we forget- many of the people we are talking about here seem to embrace alternative facts. And going back to the day where, well, I'm not sure where we go back to, yet.

SMU was different- it was about money. This is about assaulting kids (pedo state) and women (Baylor). That's clearly ok. Cheating big people out of money isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Lest we forget- many of the people we are talking about here seem to embrace alternative facts. And going back to the day where, well, I'm not sure where we go back to, yet.

SMU was different- it was about money. This is about assaulting kids (pedo state) and women (Baylor). That's clearly ok. Cheating big people out of money isn't.
        And the Big 12 will punish Baylor by temporarily withholding TV money. After a third-party investigation, Baylor will get its money back.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          they reinstated JoePa's wins didn't they? frankly they need to come down and come down hard on a program. Baylor isn't a blue blood so they might just give Baylor the Death Penalty.
          What's that old one-liner again ... oh, yeah, ...

The NCAA is so mad at Baylor right now they're going to put Abilene Christian on three-years probation!
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            This is about assaulting kids (pedo state) and women (Baylor). That's clearly ok. Cheating big people out of money isn't.
            I thought the NCAA was run by academics, not, say Repub... nevermind.

Or is it when money is involved ...
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-09-2017, 11:34 AM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Big deal, I could prove that GVSU is better than Clemson now.

Div II Grand Valley St beat Ferris St 35 - 23
              Div II Ferris St beat Colorado Mines 38 - 17
              Div II Colorado Mines beat Azusa Pacific 27 - 23
              Div II Azusa Pacific beat W Oregon 31 - 2
              Div II W Oregon beat CS Sacramento 38 - 30
              Div I - FCS CS Sacramento beat Montana St 41 - 38
              Div I - FCS Montana St beat Montana 24 - 17
              Div I - FCS Montana beat Northern Iowa 20 - 14
              Div I - FCS Northern Iowa beat Indiana St 39 - 6
              Div I - FCS Indiana St beat Illinois St 34 - 31
              Div I - FCS Illinois St beat Northwestern 9 - 7
              Div I - FBS Northwestern beat Pittsburgh 31 - 24
              Div I - FBS Pittsburgh beat Clemson 43 - 42
              Heck, too easy, and I can do it in far fewer steps.

Div I - FCS North Dakota beat Montana St 17 - 15
              Div I - FCS Montana St beat Montana 24 - 17
              Div I - FCS Montana beat Northern Iowa 20 - 14
              Div I - FCS Northern Iowa beat Indiana St 39 - 6
              Div I - FCS Indiana St beat Illinois St 34 - 31
              Div I - FCS Illinois St beat Northwestern 9 - 7
              Div I - FBS Northwestern beat Pittsburgh 31 - 24
              Div I - FBS Pittsburgh beat Clemson 43 - 42

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                What's that old one-liner again ... oh, yeah, ...

The NCAA is so mad at Baylor right now they're going to put Abilene Christian on three-years probation!
                ****, and ACU just got moved up to D1-AA recently.
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Liberty's going FBS in 2019. Will be an independent because no conference will take them and they got an exemption from the NCAA (likely to avoid a lawsuit)
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Liberty's going FBS in 2019. Will be an independent because no conference will take them and they got an exemption from the NCAA (likely to avoid a lawsuit)
                    please elaborate?
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      please elaborate?
                      A few years ago, the NCAA put a stop on teams jumping from FCS to FBS without having been invited to a FBS conference. Liberty's probably been ready to move up, but neither the SunBelt or Conference USA wanted to invite them. They had to prove they were willing to lose money hand over fist in football to go indy , I guess.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        A few years ago, the NCAA put a stop on teams jumping from FCS to FBS without having been invited to a FBS conference. Liberty's probably been ready to move up, but neither the SunBelt or Conference USA wanted to invite them. They had to prove they were willing to lose money hand over fist in football to go indy , I guess.
                        If they're competitive and a decent draw on the road, I could see the Sunbelt giving them an invite.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I thought this was business as usual??

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ions-list-2017
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            I thought this was business as usual??

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ions-list-2017
                            That self-imposed one year bowl ban makes it all good.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Baylor moves to dismiss lawsuit about the 52 rapes on campus, claiming, I **** you not, that they don't "have to protect students from harm caused by other students."

http://deadspin.com/baylor-files-mot...ape-1793789257
                              Last edited by MissThundercat; 03-31-2017, 12:30 AM.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                Baylor moves to dismiss lawsuit about the 52 rapes on campus, claiming, I **** you not, that they don't "have to protect students from harm caused by other students."

http://deadspin.com/baylor-files-mot...ape-1793789257
                                If the suit goes through, they'll be "employees".
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X