X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Sam Panopoulos - the creator of the Hawaiian Pizza.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/hawaiian-pizz...ulos-1.4155044
    Given the vitriol from pizza purists, I'm shocked he was still alive.

That said, $%#$&* "Hawaiian" pizza. Whatever that sh*t is, it's as much pizza as "Chicago-style" is. Which is to say, not at all. And unlike Chicago's crusty lasagna, it doesn't even taste good!

Comment

Hawaiian is great pizza. I love it when people get bent out of shape about it. So ridiculous.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Hawaiian is great pizza. I love it when people get bent out of shape about it. So ridiculous.
        The Polynesian Pizza at Handsome Henry's in Muskegon is amazing.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I hate Hawaiian pizza, but love Taco/Tostada pizza. Yeah, I know I'm weird.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Eat what you want, just don't call it pizza.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Pizza

100%!!

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Wrong.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The One True Pizza is New York, hand-tossed, thin crust, sold by the slice.

Deep Dish is the best pizza-ish spin off ever created.

Hawaiian is perfectly cromulent.

Sprouts are an affront to God.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The One True Pizza is New York, hand-tossed, thin crust, sold by the slice.

Deep Dish is the best pizza-ish spin off ever created.

Hawaiian is perfectly cromulent.

Sprouts are an affront to God.
                    The Italians might have something to say about your NY pizza. There are two varieties in Italy, and neither of them look like NY-style. And an olive in the trattoria style will break your tooth if you don't know they leave the stone in place when it's served.

I did not know they left the stone in place.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The Italians might have something to say about your NY pizza. There are two varieties in Italy, and neither of them look like NY-style. And an olive in the trattoria style will break your tooth if you don't know they leave the stone in place when it's served.

I did not know they left the stone in place.
                      My experiences with pizza in Italy only reinforce my impression that non-Americans don't know how to make pizza, though to be fair I have still never been to Naples.

Pasta, OTOH, should only ever be eaten in Rome or in a pinch Tuscany. Nothing else is even close.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        My experiences with pizza in Italy only reinforce my impression that non-Americans don't know how to make pizza, though to be fair I have still never been to Naples.

Pasta, OTOH, should only ever be eaten in Rome or in a pinch Tuscany. Nothing else is even close.
                        Street pizza, or walking pizza, I've heard it both ways, is phenomenal. I had it in Rome, and the family shop that made the stuff only had two options: sausage or cheese. You basically get two large slices, cut into rectangles, folded together so it looks almost like a pizza sandwich, and then wrapped in wax paper for the drippings. I have never tasted a pizza with better spices or sauce.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anita Pallenberg.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...keith-richards
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The director of Rocky, and The Karate Kid, John G. Avildsen, died on Friday at 81.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Wax off.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X