Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Wrong number, too.
    She was 44 when she died.

Geez, you people.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      She was 44 when she died.

Geez, you people.
      He was making a reference to the exchange within Clerks.

In a row?

Sure, she died young, and that's a shame. It's just not something that's going to affect me much.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        He was making a reference to the exchange within Clerks.

In a row?
        Yes, I know.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You all missed French noting that you're also joking about the wrong actress.

Now, if you wanted to make a joke about screwing a dead guy in a bathroom, on the other hand...

(FWIW, Kevin Smith's instagram post about this was a good read)
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

This sounds demented, but I'm glad it was a disease, and not a drug addiction/etc. RIP, Lisa.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Now, if you wanted to make a joke about screwing a dead guy in a bathroom, on the other hand...

(FWIW, Kevin Smith's instagram post about this was a good read)
              "She'll get over ****ing a dead guy. My mom's been ****ing a dead guy for 30 years. I call him Dad."
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Nobody missed that. Everybody knows what 37 means. My 44 was the (other, slightly less annoying) actress's (I always get that wrong, is that the right way to give the possessive for a double s?) age at death. Then French made the dumb (sort of funny though) joke and Clown made the (very funny, although "36... no, 37" would have been funnier) elaboration.

We all understood the joke. We all understand it's a different girl. We all know the 37 girl is the (ironically, still living) necrophiliac.

Jeez, Louise, I hate people who get the words wrong.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2017, 07:57 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  [Roger Moore]'s the first Bond to go.
                  Marc Haynes, a television and radio comedy writer, wrote about meeting the late 'James Bond' actor age seven, in a Facebook post that has been shared over 4,700 times.

As an seven year old in about 1983, in the days before First Class Lounges at airports, I was with my grandad in Nice Airport and saw Roger Moore sitting at the departure gate, reading a paper. I told my granddad I'd just seen James Bond and asked if we could go over so I could get his autograph. My grandad had no idea who James Bond or Roger Moore were, so we walked over and he popped me in front of Roger Moore, with the words "my grandson says you're famous. Can you sign this?"

As charming as you'd expect, Roger asks my name and duly signs the back of my plane ticket, a fulsome note full of best wishes. I'm ecstatic, but as we head back to our seats, I glance down at the signature. It's hard to decipher it but it definitely doesn't say 'James Bond'. My grandad looks at it, half figures out it says 'Roger Moore' - I have absolutely no idea who that is, and my hearts sinks. I tell my grandad he's signed it wrong, that he's put someone else's name - so my grandad heads back to Roger Moore, holding the ticket which he's only just signed.

I remember staying by our seats and my grandad saying "he says you've signed the wrong name. He says your name is James Bond." Roger Moore's face crinkled up with realisation and he beckoned me over. When I was by his knee, he leant over, looked from side to side, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said to me, "I have to sign my name as 'Roger Moore' because otherwise...Blofeld might find out I was here." He asked me not to tell anyone that I'd just seen James Bond, and he thanked me for keeping his secret. I went back to our seats, my nerves absolutely jangling with delight. My grandad asked me if he'd signed 'James Bond.' No, I said. I'd got it wrong. I was working with James Bond now.

Many, many years later, I was working as a scriptwriter on a recording that involved UNICEF, and Roger Moore was doing a piece to camera as an ambassador. He was completely lovely and while the cameramen were setting up, I told him in passing the story of when I met him in Nice Airport. He was happy to hear it, and he had a chuckle and said "Well, I don't remember but I'm glad you got to meet James Bond." So that was lovely.

And then he did something so brilliant. After the filming, he walked past me in the corridor, heading out to his car - but as he got level, he paused, looked both ways, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said, "Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn't say anything in there, because those cameramen - any one of them could be working for Blofeld."

I was as delighted at 30 as I had been at 7. What a man. What a tremendous man.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    "Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn't say anything in there, because those cameramen - any one of them could be working for Blofeld."
                    This is awesome.
                    Cornell University

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZbigniew Brzezinski
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZbigniew Brzezinski
                        Really.....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jim Bunning

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...tor-dies-at-85
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Gregg Allman

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...gg-allman-dead
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              No band ever reincarnated itself more than the Allman brothers. Different players, still great music. I doubt anyone ever did more drugs and alcohol either. What a shame.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                No band ever reincarnated itself more than the Allman brothers. Different players, still great music. I doubt anyone ever did more drugs and alcohol either. What a shame.
                                still lasted til 69yo. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X