This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Cuba Gooding, Sr. found dead in his car.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Don't be a child star, exhibit #1470.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Robert Pirsig. Zen was significant read for many of us for a time in our youth. Pop lit, I suppose, but a good read.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Robert Pirsig. Zen was significant read for many of us for a time in our youth. Pop lit, I suppose, but a good read.
            I could have sworn he killed himself a longtime ago.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Johnathan Demme.

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertai...tor_dies_at_73
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I didn't realize he was that old.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

@Chirp_X_Fest: Michael Mantenuto a.k.a Jack O'Callahan regretfully passed away today at the age of 35. #RIPMike #HeBelievedInMiracles https://***********/Chirp_X_Fest/sta...664512/photo/1
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    @Chirp_X_Fest: Michael Mantenuto a.k.a Jack O'Callahan regretfully passed away today at the age of 35. #RIPMike #HeBelievedInMiracles https://***********/Chirp_X_Fest/sta...664512/photo/1
                    Police saying "apparent suicide."

Ick.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      He committed suicide. So sad.

The year Miracle came out, I was at the Hockey East tournament and former poster (Big Poppa Pump for those who remember) came to sit with me and Jack O'Callahan's dad was sitting next to me. I've known him since I started to follow BU. Anyway, BPP and I were talking about the movie and he said how he was trying to impress some girl at school (he went to George Washington) that he played hockey with Mike growing up as they were both from the same area. The guy in front of us turns around and says "How do you know my son?" I asked if he was Mike Mantenuto's dad and when he said yes, I pointed to Mr. O'Callaghan and said "Do you know who this guy is?" And when he said no, I introduced him - the father of the kid who portrayed Jack O'Callahan in the movie - to Jack O'Callahan's actual father. It was a fun moment.

Comment

Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck; died while training to climb Everest.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Sounds like a Swiss Miss.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Sounds like a Swiss Miss.
                            /endthread
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              He committed suicide. So sad.

The year Miracle came out, I was at the Hockey East tournament and former poster (Big Poppa Pump for those who remember) came to sit with me and Jack O'Callahan's dad was sitting next to me. I've known him since I started to follow BU. Anyway, BPP and I were talking about the movie and he said how he was trying to impress some girl at school (he went to George Washington) that he played hockey with Mike growing up as they were both from the same area. The guy in front of us turns around and says "How do you know my son?" I asked if he was Mike Mantenuto's dad and when he said yes, I pointed to Mr. O'Callaghan and said "Do you know who this guy is?" And when he said no, I introduced him - the father of the kid who portrayed Jack O'Callahan in the movie - to Jack O'Callahan's actual father. It was a fun moment.
                              That's a great story

Comment

Rumors for Prince Philip.

Queen Elizabeth has called all hands to Buckingham Palace.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X