This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Could be. But still, a cubic foot is an assload of space inside a human body, be it 7' or not.

ETA: I can't remember my calf 4 that well, but I'm curious if the flux through liver can be correlated directly through volume of the liver, heart, etc. Is there an efficiency that is lost with size? Does that much fluid just start to overwhelm your body?

I have a couple of stupid things I did in life to relate. I once drank a gallon and a third of Mountain Dew in a four-hour period. Let me tell you that eventually the normal fluid disposal path quickly becomes overwhelmed and it starts finding other ways to dispose of all that liquid.

I also drank 100 cups of coffee in a weekend during a Futurama marathon. I was taking a trip to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes about 20 hours in.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-28-2017, 08:37 AM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Could be. But still, a cubic foot is an assload of space inside a human body, be it 7' or not.

ETA: I can't remember my calf 4 that well, but I'm curious if the flux through liver can be correlated directly through volume of the liver, heart, etc. Is there an efficiency that is lost with size? Does that much fluid just start to overwhelm your body?

I have a couple of stupid things I did in life to relate. I once drank a gallon and a third of Mountain Dew in a four-hour period. Let me tell you that eventually the normal fluid disposal path quickly becomes overwhelmed and it starts finding other ways to dispose of all that liquid.

I also drank 100 cups of coffee in a weekend during a Futurama marathon. I was taking a trip to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes about 20 hours in.
      We did the gallon of milk challenge. $5 to try, one hour time limit, money went to a growing jackpot. About nine people tried and failed. Most made it to where the bottom of the jug begins to taper before horking it all (we called it the death line.)

Then the ResLife coordinator tried. He got the whole gallon down, held it in for 5 minutes, then lost it. We figured that's as close as anyone was going to get so we gave him the money.
      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 02-28-2017, 09:21 AM.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I can only assume that extreme height causes various stresses on the body and assorted systems (cardiovascular, for instance).
        Marfan's Syndrome?

Comment

Andre had a pituitary adenoma. He chose not to treat it. Not sure if the guy from GOT had the same.

The pituitary tumor causes excess growth hormone to be excreted. If this develops prior to the boney growth plates fuse, people develop gigantism. If it happens afterwards, they develop a syndrome called acromegaly. Too much growth hormone can cause the heart muscle to enlarge and this can lead to an inability to relax (not allowing the heart to adequately fill) and then eventually inhibits the contractility (ability to pump). This leads to heart failure and eventually death.
          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
          Groucho Marx
          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
          Ron White
          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
            Andre had a pituitary adenoma. He chose not to treat it. Not sure if the guy from GOT had the same.

The pituitary tumor causes excess growth hormone to be excreted. If this develops prior to the boney growth plates fuse, people develop gigantism. If it happens afterwards, they develop a syndrome called acromegaly. Too much growth hormone can cause the heart muscle to enlarge and this can lead to an inability to relax (not allowing the heart to adequately fill) and then eventually inhibits the contractility (ability to pump). This leads to heart failure and eventually death.
            Are you talking about Andre or the tall bskbl guy?

And would you like to come lecture my students on the cardiovascular system. (currently correcting thier assignments where I all but gave them the answers and they seem to have missed the point :le sigh:

Comment

Well, if these are even HALF true.....wow:

http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery...stories-072516
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Well, if these are even HALF true.....wow:

http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery...stories-072516
                When he went in for back surgery once, the anesthesiologist's dosage chart didn't come anywhere close to Andre's height and weight. The anesthesiologist decided to estimate by asking Andre how much it took him to get drunk. Being Andre, the answer was "about two liters of vodka to get me warm and fuzzy." He ended up getting a patently absurd amount of anesthesia and the anesthesiologist received some credit in the medical field for this new method of dosage estimation.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  When he went in for back surgery once, the anesthesiologist's dosage chart didn't come anywhere close to Andre's height and weight. The anesthesiologist decided to estimate by asking Andre how much it took him to get drunk. Being Andre, the answer was "about two liters of vodka to get me warm and fuzzy." He ended up getting a patently absurd amount of anesthesia and the anesthesiologist received some credit in the medical field for this new method of dosage estimation.
                  I remember that story.

Granted, his size had a lot to do with it, but also his tolerance/alcoholism. For Howard Stern fans, Hank The Angry Dwarf regularly had a .30 (or so) BAC.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Nice cartoon about Mr. I
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Robert Osborne, 84.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/robe...st-1202002748/
                      Are you guys brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                        RIP. He and Bob Dorian have done so much for classic movies, bringing them out of art houses and into gen pop consciousness.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          RIP. He and Bob Dorian have done so much for classic movies, bringing them out of art houses and into gen pop consciousness.
                          Couldn't agree more.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Lou Duva. Dam.

Comment

I didn't realize he was 94.

Jake Lamotta will be 96 in July.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Joni Sledge.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...-60/ar-AAo9zE9
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X