This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Half hour after learning of Dave Strader I got am email telling me cancer has taken a high school buddy. Cursed disease. [emoji34]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

*cancer.

Comment

WWII hero Donald Malarkey, portrayed in Band of Brothers.
        So many of these guys have passed on...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          WWII hero Donald Malarkey, portrayed in Band of Brothers.
          So many of these guys have passed on...
          Well, when you do the math, WWII ended in 1945. If you were to enlist legally (at 18), in order to see any time in the war, you would have had to been born no later than 1927. That means that the youngest WWII veterans are starting to turn 90 this year. A decade or so from now, they've virtually all going to be gone.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Well, when you do the math, WWII ended in 1945. If you were to enlist legally (at 18), in order to see any time in the war, you would have had to been born no later than 1927. That means that the youngest WWII veterans are starting to turn 90 this year. A decade or so from now, they've virtually all going to be gone.
            Exactly.

"That's what old people do...they die." /OldSchool
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Keep an eye on Tom Petty. Reports circulating that he's had a heart attack, and is in critical condition.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Keep an eye on Tom Petty. Reports circulating that he's had a heart attack, and is in critical condition.
                Saw reports of no brain activity and being pulled off life support. Doesn't look good.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  TMZ saying life support has been stopped as he has no brain activity.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Ed Trefzeger has a FB post from LAPD that he's gone.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That sucks
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Confirmed
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Reports now saying he is still hanging on. If him being brain-dead and off life support is true it is just a matter of time, though.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

I remember George Thorogood telling a story about driving with Tom Petty from Wilmington, Delaware to watch his beloved Mets "get the snot kicked out of them" at The Vet.

I'm not sure if Petty was also a Mets fan, but their final game during his lifetime was an 11-0 loss in Philadelphia.

Rest in peace.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 10-02-2017, 04:26 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm not dead yet
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Sounds as though Tom Petty may not be gone just yet.
                                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Working...
                                X