X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Rumors for Prince Philip.

Queen Elizabeth has called all hands to Buckingham Palace.
    https://twitter.com/TheMrigankTyagi/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Rumors for Prince Philip.

Queen Elizabeth has called all hands to Buckingham Palace.
      He's retiring from public appearances. That tells us right there that he's not doing well at all. He'll be 96 next month.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        He's retiring from public appearances. That tells us right there that he's not doing well at all. He'll be 96 next month.
        But with those genes...

Oh.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          But with those genes...

Oh.
          HER genes. Not sure about the Greek and Danish genes.

Maybe the tea in the palace is mixed with tana leaves??
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wow! Not quite sure what adjectives I'd use to describe this one:

When musician Bruce Hampton collapsed on stage Monday night, his band thought it was a theatrical end to a celebratory night and kept on playing for several minutes.

The guitarist/singer/bandleader was performing at Atlanta’s Fox Theater for his 70th birthday surrounded by over 30 of his acolytes, including members of the Allman Brothers Band, Phish, REM, Blues Traveler and Widespread Panic. They were all there because they consider Mr. Hampton a primary musical inspiration.

The sold-out show concluded with the musicians on stage smiling broadly as Mr. Hampton led them through Bobby Bland’s “Turn On Your Lovelight.” He pointed to 14-year-old Brandon Niederauer to solo on guitar and then went to one knee, collapsed and died. It was several minutes before the band stopped and EMTs rushed on stage to try and revive Mr. Hampton.

Mr. Hampton’s influence and revered place in the jam band universe stemmed from the Aquarium Rescue Unit, which performed from 1988-1993. The band was akin to the Velvet Underground, a group which never sold many records but had tremendous influence on others, notably Phish, Blues Traveler, Widespread Panic, and the Dave Matthews Band, inspiring them to take chances, “play music, not instruments” and never focus on showing off.

“There was an incredible feeling in the building that it was a family reunion as much as concert,” says Widespread Panic’s John Bell. “Everyone rose to the occasion, including Bruce, who was playing and singing as well as I’ve ever seen him. He was in command until the last second and it was glorious to see. I believe he went from fully present in this world to fully present in another world, with very little in the middle.”
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Christian cult leader Tony Alamo

http://time.com/4766223/tony-alamo-e...t-dead-prison/

He was serving a 175 year sentence for sexually abusing young girls.

So long, *******.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

US bobsledder Steven Holcomb, 37.

http://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_...raining-center
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Apparently Chris Berman's wife was killed in a car accident.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Apparently Chris Berman's wife was killed in a car accident.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/s...ne-killed.html

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      This is terrible for me. Holcomb had the same eye disorder that I do, keratoconus. It can be debilitating for someone who has it. I don't have it as bad as he did, but Holcomb used his Olympic celebrity and earnings to shed light on the disease, and research has grown leaps and bound because of him. Hopefully, it wasn't due to his battle with alcohol and depression and it was just natural causes. RIP Mr. Holcomb.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        This is terrible for me. Holcomb had the same eye disorder that I do, keratoconus. It can be debilitating for someone who has it. I don't have it as bad as he did, but Holcomb used his Olympic celebrity and earnings to shed light on the disease, and research has grown leaps and bound because of him. Hopefully, it wasn't due to his battle with alcohol and depression and it was just natural causes. RIP Mr. Holcomb.
                        Everything I've read seems to indicate it was natural causes, but the long-term impact of severe substance abuse on the heart is well-documented. So it could be a combo of bad genes and his prior struggles. Very sad, regardless.

Comment

Former umpire and current Major League umpire supervisor Steve Palermo reportedly has passed away. Good guy and when he was still on the field was a great umpire. He was shot and seriously wounded during a robbery attempt in 1991 when he came to the aid of the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Former umpire and current Major League umpire supervisor Steve Palermo reportedly has passed away. Good guy and when he was still on the field was a great umpire. He was shot and seriously wounded during a robbery attempt in 1991 when he came to the aid of the victims.
                            ****. Met him in Toronto. I'm not ashamed to admit I copied some of his style in my umpiring career. :http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...150497922.html
                            Last edited by SteveP; 05-14-2017, 05:11 PM.
                            Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Powers Boothe. F*!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X