X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Any ocean transit requires business class at a minimum! Correct
    I've done ~65 round trips to Europe. Of those 130 over-ocean legs, exactly 1 was business class.... The first 14 of those trips were in the late 90s, though, back when the airlines still had a quaint notion of treating passengers like people (and sometimes even like customers).
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Mookie recalls those days
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Yeah, I know. The sand is kind of eroding under me. Let's say I believe what I believe and it's irrational and logically indefensible. It's like I'm a Republican on this one issue.
        I don't know. You can be mad at the person- which can give a sense of satisfaction or focus for your anger. It is much less satisfying (not really the correct word but close as I can come) to be mad the suicide occured but not have a target to point your anger at. The latter can leave you with a sense of helplessness and lack of control that doesn't feel good on top of the fact you don't feel good about what happened to begin with.

I had a number of suicidal/depressed/anxious patients in my practice. The front desk would book them with me because I was the one who was 'good at that stuff'. Getting someone to a better place or on the road there was one of the more satisfying things I did. Seeing someone chronically in psychological pain without being able find the right way to 'fix' it was hard to deal with even with all the experience and training I had. Not being able to help the person was without a doubt the most frustrating and wearing. Having someone look you in the eye, contract for safety and then getting a call fromt he ER/ICU/[pick your poison] telling you the person attempted after doing so. That is indescribably frustrating. Sometimes it was an 'acting out, I am pi55ed at the world' attempt. I gave myself permission to be pi55ed. The ones that were bad were the folks who were so depressed they made Eyore seem like sunshine. They sucked the sunshine out of the exam room and you knew they were in so much pain they felt deep hopelessness. Cant get mad at those. They just make you really sad.

Comment

Former MLB 1B Lee May, 74
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Jeanne Moreau. Most have probably never heard of her but she was a pretty good actress.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...m-dies-aged-89
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Jeanne Moreau. Most have probably never heard of her but she was a pretty good actress.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqwLx0DG7qQ
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sam Shepard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/t...pard-dead.html
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  Whoa. Kind of a dou-che,but whoa.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Shey Feherty, son of David, 29. Of a drug overdose.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...after-overdose
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ara Parseghian, 94
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Ara Parseghian, 94
                        I will always remember him as being an answer in many of the weekly crosswords that came in what we called the "tv guide" (not to be confused with TV Guide).
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Costco co-founder Jeff Brotman.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Costco co-founder Jeff Brotman.
                            He can get his coffin from the store.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              He can get his coffin from the store.
                              But only in packs of three. The family has complained, but the price is good.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Ara Parseghian, 94
                                While my bias about Ara should be obvious, he really was one of those public figures who was as good a man as advertised, generous, humble and funny. In an era when we were a little more naive and public figures were often revered much more than they deserved to be, Parseghian lived up to his public persona on a daily basis. In one of the greatest coaching feats ever (and probably a better job than in either of his title seasons) he took a bunch of players who were an awful 2-7 in 1963 and in 1964 came within 90 seconds and an earlier disputed holding call of finishing an undefeated, national championship year. His passing makes me sadder than I normally am when a public figure I may admire dies.

His only public flaw was that he encouraged Rudy a little too much. But before Rudy was "Rudy" he wasn't nearly the dick he eventually became.

Comment

Working...
                                X