Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    87 degrees and as humid as a 30yo vag? Sure, Ill go for a run.

I think I'm mostly done with my quotient of stupid today. All of it combined to add 3 minutes to my time today.
    I get my walks in now shortly before sundown, after it starts to cool a little bit. Walking at lunch helps get me to my 10K steps, also. Since the start of May, I've averaged just over 10,200 steps a day.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The problem for me running later in the evening is that my route goes through a swamp and some forested area. I'd like to still be the owner of my blood by the time I got home.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The problem for me running later in the evening is that my route goes through a swamp and some forested area. I'd like to still be the owner of my blood by the time I got home.
        I live a block from a college, so I have immediate access to the athletic facilities and I can get on the track virtually any time I want to. Plus, security knows me pretty well by now, so if they see me out there at 11 PM, they know who I am, and what I'm doing.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Maybe I'm not done yet. I still have some time before the remainder of my race schedule, right? I was thinking I could switch to the half-marathon at Marquette and Detroit, and depending how the next couple weeks go, switch down to the Olympic duathlon at MiTi.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Maybe I'm not done yet. I still have some time before the remainder of my race schedule, right? I was thinking I could switch to the half-marathon at Marquette and Detroit, and depending how the next couple weeks go, switch down to the Olympic duathlon at MiTi.
            ONE race, Bob. Do your best. #SaysTheFatGuy

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              ONE race, Bob. Do your best. #SaysTheFatGuy
              Truth is, I still feel like trash, but I'm looking for hope and a reason to believe.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Truth is, I still feel like trash, but I'm looking for hope and a reason to believe.
                Bob, what I'm saying is, cut your schedule. It's obvious that you are suffering. Pick ONE race, and go all out - do your best.

Comment

Switch 'em to the halves. You're clearly not sold on running those extremely long distances right now, but giving up on running entirely would be a mistake. Switch to the halves, keep yourself active by running the shorter (still long) distances, and just don't worry about anything other than your enjoyment of the activity. Free your mind of everything other than you, the route, and whatever passing fancy flits between your ears.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Switch 'em to the halves. You're clearly not sold on running those extremely long distances right now, but giving up on running entirely would be a mistake. Switch to the halves, keep yourself active by running the shorter (still long) distances, and just don't worry about anything other than your enjoyment of the activity. Free your mind of everything other than you, the route, and whatever passing fancy flits between your ears.
                    That's pretty much the idea. Right now, I believe I can still salvage the season. And I'm going to switch to the Olympic du at Michigan Titanium.

Comment

I am bored with my workout schedule. Need something new at the gym to inspire me (has to be at the gym, otherwise I won't do it). No running. I should finally bite the bullet and sign up for a session with a trainer to go over the strength machines, but I am intimidated. I like the strength stuff, but Body Pump classes are a pain in the ***, because you have to get there 40 minutes early in order to get a spot.

I honestly just had the thought.. hey, Aqua Zumba might be fun. I hate Zumba. Tried it once. But if you're underwater, no one can see you (and you can't see yourself). And I like the water.
                      Last edited by jen; 07-20-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                        I am bored with my workout schedule. Need something new at the gym to inspire me (has to be at the gym, otherwise I won't do it). No running. I should finally bite the bullet and sign up for a session with a trainer to go over the strength machines, but I am intimidated. I like the strength stuff, but Body Pump classes are a pain in the ***, because you have to get there 40 minutes early in order to get a spot.

I honestly just had the thought.. hey, Aqua Zumba might be fun. I hate Zumba. Tried it once. But if you're underwater, no one can see you (and you can't see yourself). And I like the water.
                        Absolutely take the plunge on both the water and also doing a couple training sessions to get started on the strength machines. The variety will keep your workouts from getting stale.

If there is a pool at your gym, how about lap swimming? That is one of the. Eat excersizes there is!

Comment

So here's what I've done.

-Switched to the Olympic duathlon at Michigan Titanium. This is merely a 24.8 mile ride, followed by a 10K. When I am ready, I will do a half or full duathlon.
                          -Switched to the Marquette half-marathon.
                          -Kept the Hungerford full, as I won't be running for part of it anyway.
                          -Switched to the US-only half at Detroit. That way, I don't even need a new enhanced license. The Detroit Marathon/International half crosses the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, you run through Canada for a few miles, and you come back through a tunnel. I'm avoiding that this year.

But even this is sketchy. There's a pain in my right hip that only appears when I sit down. I'm hoping a few days of yoga and Pilates can get it to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Absolutely take the plunge on both the water and also doing a couple training sessions to get started on the strength machines. The variety will keep your workouts from getting stale.

If there is a pool at your gym, how about lap swimming? That is one of the. Eat excersizes there is!
                            I thought of this after I posted yesterday, and was looking through the class schedule at the gym. They offer "Adult Learn to Swim" for people who want to start swimming as exercise. I know how to swim, but I have no real technique. Have to wait until Sept. to sign up, but I'm planning on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                              I thought of this after I posted yesterday, and was looking through the class schedule at the gym. They offer "Adult Learn to Swim" for people who want to start swimming as exercise. I know how to swim, but I have no real technique. Have to wait until Sept. to sign up, but I'm planning on it.
                              I took what sounds like a similar class a few years ago. Like what you are saying, I could swim, but not with proper swimming technique. I found it pretty worthwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                So here's what I've done.

-Switched to the Olympic duathlon at Michigan Titanium. This is merely a 24.8 mile ride, followed by a 10K. When I am ready, I will do a half or full duathlon.
                                -Switched to the Marquette half-marathon.
                                -Kept the Hungerford full, as I won't be running for part of it anyway.
                                -Switched to the US-only half at Detroit. That way, I don't even need a new enhanced license. The Detroit Marathon/International half crosses the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, you run through Canada for a few miles, and you come back through a tunnel. I'm avoiding that this year.

But even this is sketchy. There's a pain in my right hip that only appears when I sit down. I'm hoping a few days of yoga and Pilates can get it to go away.
                                Well, yoga and Pilates is not helping with this. I see the doctor tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X