X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    Bumping this back to the first page.

I started the process of medical weight loss a month ago. This is something through the hospital. Was going to have my followup this morning, but they cancelled. I am more upset that I took the day off for this.

The real struggle is trying to find the balance. When menu planning, I keep telling my husband that there is not enough green in that meal. Need to add green to it. This is what my dietitian keeps saying to me. She was impressed that I make my own meals and make moderately healthy foods. Just not enough veggies.
    If you want, I can send you some soup recipes that I'm working on that will help with the veggie intake. I also have a way to add veggies to things like rice, mashed potatoes, and quinoa.

And since I decided to start using MyFitnessPal again, you can add me at bobcooks920.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      If you want, I can send you some soup recipes that I'm working on that will help with the veggie intake. I also have a way to add veggies to things like rice, mashed potatoes, and quinoa.

And since I decided to start using MyFitnessPal again, you can add me at bobcooks920.
      Added you. I think LadyWoreBlack is obvious.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Does anybody have success with C25K (Couch to 5K program)? Dr. mrs. did very well using it, and I am starting it to get ready for a May 5K.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Does anybody have success with C25K (Couch to 5K program)? Dr. mrs. did very well using it, and I am starting it to get ready for a May 5K.
          I completed it last year and was able to complete a 5k in a satisfactory (to me) time. I'm built like a barrel,so definitely not a regular runners build.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Way back in 2008, I used it for my first. Finished it in 30:59.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              Added you. I think LadyWoreBlack is obvious.
              Got it.

Comment

%#^&@!%*^*!%$@#*

I hurt my back yesterday playing hockey. Hoping for a quick, miraculous recovery with no chiropractor trips. Lots of stretching and Aleve. Feels a little better today.

Comment

For LWB and others looking for more vegetables in their meals, let me help you with that.

From Runner's World, try these. I make the Beans and Rice all the time. If you don't like turkey sausage, you can try chicken or a more traditional sausage like andouille: http://www.runnersworld.com/recipes/...-active-people

Giada's White Bean and Chicken chili. It's got corn, beans, Swiss chard, and lean ground chicken: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...n-chili-recipe

Reuben soup: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...4-f3d2a71c8a74

Lentil soup recipe:
                  3 tbsp butter or oil
                  3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
                  3 celery stalks, diced
                  3 garlic cloves, minced
                  1 large onion, diced
                  2 cups dry lentils
                  14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
                  1 teaspoon dried thyme
                  8 cups water or chicken stock or vegetable stock
                  1.5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
                  Salt and pepper

1. Heat the fat over medium low heat
                  2. Add the vegetables and cook, stir until tender but not brown, 5-10 minutes.
                  3. Stir in water or stock, lentils, tomatoes, and thyme.
                  4. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until lentils are tender, 30-45 minutes.
                  5. Stir in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
                  6. Serve.

Comment

Does anyone here use a foam roller? My massage therapist recommended it, and it seems like a good idea for hammies and glutes, which I can't loosen up enough with stretching. Any tips?

Comment

Ran a combined total of 35.68 miles this weekend. Last time I ran that far in one weekend? The Twin Cities Ultra Loony Challenge of October 2015.

As everyone knows, last year, I trained for a 50 mile race, and everything went wrong, and I didn't finish. This time, for the Kal-Haven Trail Run (33.5), training is going much better and I haven't had nearly as many garbage runs.

As for the eating disorder that won't go away? I think I'm getting on top of it for a few reasons. One, I'm learning to be calorie and macro AWARE, without sounding like this: "I can't find this on My Fitness Pal! My day is ruined!" Two, with an ultra-marathon coming up, I shouldn't be focused on losing weight. I think 216 is a good place to be for right now. Three, and I think this is important, with my job being physical (I work a pallet jack for 8+ hours a day), plus running all these miles, and riding all these miles, I need to have energy for that. Part of why I fell apart at Hungerford last year is I simply didn't eat enough.

Comment

Hi, my name is jen, and I suck at resting.

Comment

Hi, my name is withheld, and I'm far too good at resting. At least now that I have a messed up shoulder to go along with my plantar fasciitis.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Competed in an 8K yesterday. Second year in a row competing in this particular race. I finished in the EXACT same time as I did last year (36:36). To the second. Due to suboptimal conditions (throughout training) my goal was to finish in about the same time as last year, and I guess my body took that very literally. I don't think I could do that again if I tried.

Comment

Hi, my name is Bob, and for all that I do, I think rest is a dirty word. I don't like the fact that I'm resting today.

For the record, I also hate hearing that I should slow down and not do so much.

Comment

Got an email from Kal-Haven trail run race organizers asking me when I will finish.

This is a 33.5 mile run that starts at 7 AM and the cutoff is at 3 PM. With that in mind, I'm shooting for a 12:30/mile, or 2 PM finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X