Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Well, yoga and Pilates is not helping with this. I see the doctor tomorrow.
    Wasn't able to see the doctor today, but I'm guessing it's IT Band issues. The pain starts at the hip and radiates down to the knee.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Was tested for anemia and chronic fatigue syndrome today.

The anemia can be corrected. If it is Fatigue, I don't know if that can be corrected or not.
      Last edited by MissThundercat; 08-01-2017, 12:02 AM.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Was tested for anemia and chronic fatigue syndrome today.

The anemia can be corrected. If it is Fatigue, I don't know if that can be corrected or not.
        Dropped out of the remaining races on my schedule. With my IT Band and the anemia, probably best just to call it a year.

Comment

• Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Hard to do I'm sure, but better to take care of your body now, so you can re-engage in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Hard to do I'm sure, but better to take care of your body now, so you can re-engage in the future.
            Yeah. And mentally, I couldn't handle another DNF. Financially, it feels like I wasted about $400, but in the words of a bumper sticker, "life is what happens when you're making other plans."

Comment

104/75 this morning. Very good. Right where I wanted to be.

194.8. Not where I wanted to be.

I go to the doc in 4 hours. I wonder about the cholesterol and the blood sugar. This is going to be interesting.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

That went well. I'd like to get the blood sugar down a little (it's near the top of the normal level) and good cholesterol has to come up, but other than that, not too bad.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Went for a "short stroll" along Summit and Grand Aves in St. Paul last night to grab some ice cream. It turned into 7.5 miles round trip, when the gf got the distance from her phone after the fact. It's a good way to kill two hours. And, hey - ice cream!
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• This is hard to say, but it's necessary. In terms of racing, I will take next year off completely. Between Chronic fatigue syndrome, anemia, and sciatica, I need to let my body fully recover.

Instead, I have yoga and Pilates for fitness. And I will work on my memoir of struggling with obesity and anorexia.

Comment

• Before I approach a starting line again:

1. Get on first shift or find a 9-5 type job. It's hard to run on 4 hours of sleep.

2. No ultras for awhile. Or, if I do, make those the ONLY race I do that year.

3. Pick a distance and specialize in it.

But for now, I need to regain strength, stop using coffee as a crutch...

Comment

Long time no post in here. The update.

I am down 14lbs since July. When I noticed the number, I yelled out "HOLY ****"! First thing the nurse asks: "Good or Bad?" I said good, because if it was bad, I would have yelled a different swear word and punch the wall. It helps working the second job. Not in the sense that I am constantly busy. It is more of the sense that I have to walk a ways just to get to the main building and more to the location that I am working.

The meds that I am on are food blockers and I have noticed that my food intake has gone down significantly. Same goes with beer consumption. After 3 Miller Lites, I feel really full. The 4th Miller Lite makes it feel like when you are at a Chinese buffet and you get the ice cream to put you over the edge of fullness.
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                          Long time no post in here. The update.

I am down 14lbs since July. When I noticed the number, I yelled out "HOLY ****"! First thing the nurse asks: "Good or Bad?" I said good, because if it was bad, I would have yelled a different swear word and punch the wall. It helps working the second job. Not in the sense that I am constantly busy. It is more of the sense that I have to walk a ways just to get to the main building and more to the location that I am working.

The meds that I am on are food blockers and I have noticed that my food intake has gone down significantly. Same goes with beer consumption. After 3 Miller Lites, I feel really full. The 4th Miller Lite makes it feel like when you are at a Chinese buffet and you get the ice cream to put you over the edge of fullness.
                          How are you feeling?

Comment

• I've cut my coffee down to 4 cups a day. Still a lot, but better than the 9 cups I was drinking.

The sciatica feels better. Down to about a 5.5 out of 10.

I've accepted that running is simply not there right now. I need to solve the anemia and chronic fatigue syndrome first.

And I looked at myself shirtless the other day. There was some definition in my core.

Comment

• Cleared to work out again, but only yoga and Pilates.

But in terms of racing, I probably won't approach a starting line again until January 2019. Sadness.

Comment

• I have to admit that rest is actually good for me. You know, at this time last year, I was going from one race to the next, and not giving myself enough time to recover.

And there is something I will say to everyone who told me to slow down:

https://youtu.be/RRzsv4vHNDs

Comment

Working...
                                X