Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Veteran

Re: Fitness (Diet/Exercise) 2017: Relentless Forward Progress

Hi, my name is jen, and I suck at resting.

lubba wubba dub dub

Hi, my name is withheld, and I'm far too good at resting. At least now that I have a messed up shoulder to go along with my plantar fasciitis.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Let's Go Red!

Competed in an 8K yesterday. Second year in a row competing in this particular race. I finished in the EXACT same time as I did last year (36:36). To the second. Due to suboptimal conditions (throughout training) my goal was to finish in about the same time as last year, and I guess my body took that very literally. I don't think I could do that again if I tried.

Hi, my name is Bob, and for all that I do, I think rest is a dirty word. I don't like the fact that I'm resting today.

For the record, I also hate hearing that I should slow down and not do so much.

Got an email from Kal-Haven trail run race organizers asking me when I will finish.

This is a 33.5 mile run that starts at 7 AM and the cutoff is at 3 PM. With that in mind, I'm shooting for a 12:30/mile, or 2 PM finish.

Veteran

Again the with resting thing. I thought spin class might be OK, so I took a couple.. back was a little worse the day or 2 after. I have an appointment with a chiropractor on Monday. My back would be fine if I didn't want to exercise, because it's not that painful. Frustrating.

lubba wubba dub dub

I vaguely recall something about a distance runner on this site...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/health...commended_pool
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Thread Information