St. Lawrence Saints 2016-17 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Saints 2016-17 Season

You all are welcome into the Clarkson roundtable for tonight's game. www.letsgotech.com.

While it is a CCT board, we welcome those of different persuasions and rooting interests. Brian has been a long time member and has never been banned. Logged out 10x at night, maybe, but never banned.

For 1st time users, there is registration.

WARNING: There will be trigger words. It is not a safe space. People easily offended should seek alternative locations.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You all are welcome into the Clarkson roundtable for tonight's game. www.letsgotech.com.

While it is a CCT board, we welcome those of different persuasions and rooting interests. Brian has been a long time member and has never been banned. Logged out 10x at night, maybe, but never banned.

WARNING: There will be trigger words. It is not a safe space. People easily offended should seek alternative locations.
      I've been on there for a few years now and I usually just get on for some outsider insight and reading enjoyment. The other day I tried to respond to someone who mentioned about tickets for sale, but it won't ever let me post on the page. Hmmm, oh well. I enjoy the page for other reasons than that! 😃
      St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
      4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
      2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
      16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
      2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Big game tonight against our arch-rivals. It's never easy playing Clarkson, regardless of our regards either way, especially in Potsdam. If we continue to keep playing hard like they we have been for awhile now we should be fine. We need Hayton to be his usual strong self and keep them at bay. Also, as Coach Morris mentioned the other day, keep your emotions in check. All too often in these heated rivalry games it's easy to lose your focus and get caught up in the moment and let them take you out of your game. We definitely can't afford to let that happen tonight. Stay focused and let's get the job done ... Let's Go Saints!
        St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
        4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
        2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
        16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
        9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
        2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

I know that those of us in the Chat Room like to keep track during games of the number of times that I get kicked out. 10x is about the average; I think 15x or 16x was the record, but that was during a SLU and CCT overtime playoff game.
          GO SAINTS.

Comment

Kudo's to Clarkson. they wanted it more and they got what they deserved......the win. Very disappointed in our effort tonight. Undisciplined play. Too chippy at the start instead of focusing on winning puck battles. There is so much parity in hockey if you don't bring your best........you'll not like the result. Tonight I did not like the result nor the effort. A costly loss. How can you now show up against your biggest rival????
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
              Kudo's to Clarkson. they wanted it more and they got what they deserved......the win. Very disappointed in our effort tonight. Undisciplined play. Too chippy at the start instead of focusing on winning puck battles. There is so much parity in hockey if you don't bring your best........you'll not like the result. Tonight I did not like the result nor the effort. A costly loss. How can you now show up against your biggest rival????
              If not for Hayton, that game could have easily been a 6-1 or 7-1 blowout. I don't remember the Saints having any grade A scoring chances after their 1st period goal, a really nice set of passes to get the back door goal by Sullivan. Now the question is can my Knights play with that intensity for 60 minutes in each of their remaining games?
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                If not for Hayton, that game could have easily been a 6-1 or 7-1 blowout. I don't remember the Saints having any grade A scoring chances after their 1st period goal, a really nice set of passes to get the back door goal by Sullivan. Now the question is can my Knights play with that intensity for 60 minutes in each of their remaining games?
                Good question Vic. I expected going into Cheel on Alumni night with all those old legends and players there it would be a difficult game. It always is for us although in Hayton's time I think he is 2-2 at Cheel. I was really impressed with Vigneault. I think he literally had the puck for half the game. We let him take several tours of our zone un-interrupted. I also agree with you on chances. We really didn't have many and there in lies the rub. I think Kielly really looked shaky. Several times he let a shot of the puck get through and behind him on the few chances we did have. I'm sure if we got more rubber on him we could have scored some goals. But to Clakrson's credit we didn't. But he did seem very vulnerable.

I knew Hayton would be up for it and he was. Other than two games early this year that kid has brought it every night. We need to get Marnell back into the line up. Our offense comes from our "D" but between Marnell and Pritchard...those are the two guys who can literally create offensive chances on their own. It also balances out the lines better when we have Marnell available. Losing Laidley for the season early hurt but as many have said all the injuries have given several players chances to play and prove themselves. To me....several players appear ice cold. That was Sully's first goal since December before the break. Smokes hasn't been heard from in a long time. We also did not seem to get our usual share of shots from the "D" last night as Clarkson even when we were on the PP seemed to focus on taking that away from us.
                SLU

Comment

Think SLU was overhyped for the game?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Think SLU was overhyped for the game?
                    Possible Joe. I know from playing other sports at a high level that sometimes that rush of adrenaline can create lead legs and lost focus. We certainly didn't play our best. I noticed a few players like Sweetman in particular losing edges all night and falling. Sullivan too but he spends half the game bumping into people and on the ice anyway.
                    SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      Possible Joe. I know from playing other sports at a high level that sometimes that rush of adrenaline can create lead legs and lost focus. We certainly didn't play our best. I noticed a few players like Sweetman in particular losing edges all night and falling. Sullivan too but he spends half the game bumping into people and on the ice anyway.
                      I noticed that too, loads of flopping fish out of the water all game.

Comment

Hey good game last night, really looked like a powerhouse out there.

Oh and Saints17 I want you to comment on your little FB group and talk to all of your fans *****ing about the Clarkson students behavior, it's college hockey right buddy?
                        Last edited by techtodenver; 02-05-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post

Oh and Saints17 I want you to comment on your little FB group and talk to all of your fans *****ing about the Clarkson students behavior, it's college hockey right buddy?
                          One negative comnent there and you're banished to Elbe.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Umm I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't have facebook nor is it my group.
                            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                              Umm I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't have facebook nor is it my group.
                              You're correct that would be Saints#1 I was arguing with sorry about that.

Comment

You're correct that would be Saints#1 I was arguing with sorry about that.
                                Its all good, no worries.
                                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X