St. Lawrence Saints 2016-17 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Lawrence Saints 2016-17 Season

For anyone who will be attending tonight's game, don't forget to wear white. They are doing a White Out for tonight's game. Should be a fun weekend of hockey ahead of us. Let's Go Saints!!!
    St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
    4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
    2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
    16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
    9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
    2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Well, it certainly wasn't pretty, but a wins a win. We need to be much better tomorrow night if we hope to come away with a win.

16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
      9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000

Comment

Huge game tonight. We will need an exceptional effort from everyone, especially Hayton. Hope the friendly confines of Appleton is unfriendly for Union. Looks like there was some late game crap between Union and Clarkson last night. Dufour got tossed. Is he available tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Fan View Post
          Huge game tonight. We will need an exceptional effort from everyone, especially Hayton. Hope the friendly confines of Appleton is unfriendly for Union. Looks like there was some late game crap between Union and Clarkson last night. Dufour got tossed. Is he available tonight?
          I am never certain on these things. I think if they get a major/game misconduct they can play. However, Dufour in the penalty summary says Disqualificaiton......I think that means he sits a game???

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
          Well, it certainly wasn't pretty, but a wins a win. We need to be much better tomorrow night if we hope to come away with a win.
          Watched the whole game. Thought our effort was decent but we just aren't finishing or scoring enough goals. For the better part of three years we've been relying on Kyle and it's nice to have that luxury. But it's high time the whole team stepped up and took some pressure off of him by controlling the chances, pushing the play back to the outside again so he can see everything that's coming his way, and scoring some goals to have some breathing room.

I don't think for a minute this won't be a tough game and if I were a betting man it certainly looks from a scoring standpoint that Union would be heavily favored. Reading all their summaries it sound like the second and third lines are now contributing which makes them pretty **** scary with that first line they have.

if we play like last night we'll lose like 5-1. This Saints team often surprises me but I really do think they will have to take it up several notches to come away with a victory tonight.
          SLU

Comment

DQs sit. For the 1st two game misconducts you can play. Game misconduct #3 results in a 1 game suspension
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              DQs sit. For the 1st two game misconducts you can play. Game misconduct #3 results in a 1 game suspension
              Thanks Joe.
              SLU

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                Wasn't pretty just like those 3rd uniforms last night. Hopefully those never see the light of day again...ugly. Big one tonight, Go Saints!!!
                Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

So, apparently Gavin Bayreuther is listed in the lineup for tonight's game. Woah, that's a big boost at the just right time! 😳

Comment

Wow. That is a GREAT win. Wish I was there. Sure seems like Bayreuther was a key contributor. Maybe the young guys getting ice time while guys were out will pay dividends in terms of depth as we go. Any first hand comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Fan View Post
                      Wow. That is a GREAT win. Wish I was there. Sure seems like Bayreuther was a key contributor. Maybe the young guys getting ice time while guys were out will pay dividends in terms of depth as we go. Any first hand comment?
                      I was not at the game but did watch streaming it on my Ultra HDTV.
                      It was a gutsy move by Bayreuther to play. He only just got fitted with a special cast which we were told last week at Cornell was so he could skate with the team. According to the game broadcast he did not practice or skate with the team this week but just stepped on the ice and played. He was rusty. Fell a few times losing his edge and frankly he was responsible for giving up a couple of the goals. But he did get one back by scoring. Last night the freshman carried the team. Tonight, Gilmour was obviously the hero. Scored two goals and the second one was tipped in and the game winner with 17 seconds left.

Kyle had a very strong game particularly saving us as we were out shot in the third pretty handily. Lough skated hard as always. Sweetman was strong and absolutely crushed Vidmar on a clean check that essentially took Vidmar out of the rest of the game. We got down 3-1 and came back. Very exciting game. Union is the real deal. They can control the play for long stretches and can score quickly. They had a lot of scoring chances and Kyle held down the fort.
                      SLU

Comment

Hmm. I hope the decision to play Gavin before he is healed doesn't backfire. No doubt that his presence in the locker room and on the ice is enormous. I just want him healed up in March. Thanks for the run down of the game. Glad critisports said the Sweetman hit was clean. Someone on the Union thread thought it was worthy of a suspension. Here's hoping the league agrees the hit was okay. On to Clarkson.

Comment

I hope Gavin needs to rest next weekend.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Cograts to SLU, that was a fantastic game last night. I thought both teams had chances to put things away and the Saints made the big play at end to win it. I too thought Sweetman's hit was clean - was unfortunate as Vidmar kinda had his head down reaching for the puck. From what I've heard, Vidmar is ok and hopefully will be back next weekend. Didn't like the ending, but thought Union played well and hopefully we get another crack at you guys. Good luck the rest of the way (or at least until we meet again)..
                            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                              Cograts to SLU, that was a fantastic game last night. I thought both teams had chances to put things away and the Saints made the big play at end to win it. I too thought Sweetman's hit was clean - was unfortunate as Vidmar kinda had his head down reaching for the puck. From what I've heard, Vidmar is ok and hopefully will be back next weekend. Didn't like the ending, but thought Union played well and hopefully we get another crack at you guys. Good luck the rest of the way (or at least until we meet again)..
                              It was a dang fun game to watch, both teams put on a show that you would expect 2 of the top 3 teams in the league to do. Glad to hear Vidmar sounds to be alright, though I agree that it was simply an unfortunate outcome to what appeared to be a clean, solid hit. Hopefully we'll cross paths again on the big sheet in about 6 weeks or so.

Comment

Sweetman jumped and it was to the head, that hit has suspension written all over it, he wasn't trying to hurt him but concussions are a serious issue in todays game.

Comment

Working...
                                X