Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Lucia Apologist

Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Maybe he's starting to listen to the populace instead of the puppetmasters. Who knows. But if he keeps this moderation streak up, maybe there's hope for him after all.

Spoiler alert: probably not.

BTW, if you haven't read Coretta Scott King's 1986 statement on Sessions, and what he did to try and punish black voting officials following the 1984 elections, it's worth it.

We now have a born and bred racist for an Attorney General, and that's not hyperbole.

As for Chaffetz, fun fact - his dad used to be married to Michael Dukakis' wife, Kitty, and he is supposedly friendly with the Dukakis family because of this.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    BTW, if you haven't read Coretta Scott King's 1986 statement on Sessions, and what he did to try and punish black voting officials following the 1984 elections, it's worth it.

We now have a born and bred racist for an Attorney General, and that's not hyperbole.

As for Chaffetz, fun fact - his dad used to be married to Michael Dukakis' wife, Kitty, and he is supposedly friendly with the Dukakis family because of this.
    Shhhh he's not a racist. We're mad Liz read the letter

I gotta go out to Nordstrom's today and buy me some Ivanka Trump stuff. The President's "Alternative Facts" advisor told me to, so I figure for America, you know?
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Carly Fiorina is considering challenging Tim Kaine for his seat. No really.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    I thought she was CA?

Good luck with that, Carly.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

rotflmao
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I thought she was CA?

Good luck with that, Carly.
    Apparently she moved to Lorton after losing to Boxer. She's trying to join Alan Keyes and Scott Brown in the illustrious list of people losing Senate races in two states.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Apparently she moved to Lorton after losing to Boxer. She's trying to join Alan Keyes and Scott Brown in the illustrious list of people losing Senate races in two states.
    Wouldn't be the first time someone did that. *coughhillarycough*
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time someone did that. *coughhillarycough*
    Hillary didn't lose in two states. I don't think she lost in a single state when it came to Senate races.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Speaking of pure scumbags.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/31...t-bills-report

A mock invoice addressed to Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is circulating online after he accused a large crowd of protesters that gathered at his town hall last week of being "paid."

The $500 fake bill is addressed to Chaffetz’s office in Provo, Utah, The Daily Kos reported Monday.

The document lists a $400 charge for “paid protest hours” during Chaffetz’s Feb. 9 town hall at Brighton High School in Cottonwood Heights, Utah.

It also lists two $50 fees for “being callously dismissed by representative” and “being labeled out-of-state radical.” The bill, with a due date of March 1, additionally thanks Chaffetz for “bringing it to our attention that this was a paid event” and urges him to “please stop dismissing your constituents.”

Chaffetz said Friday that protesters who disrupted his town hall were “a paid attempt to bully and intimidate.”
    Washington • Some Utahns, outraged at Rep. Jason Chaffetz's unsubstantiated claim that paid protesters infiltrated his raucous town-hall meeting last week, have begun to send invoices to the congressman. If he says they got money for showing up, he should foot the bill, they argue.

Shauna Ehninger's invoice sent to Chaffetz's office totaled $1,070, including $200 for two hours each of waiting in line and attending the town hall — including time for hearing "condescending responses" — $100 for distributing "fake news" and $100 for being an "out-of-state radical." Oh, and $70 for taxes.

"I am getting really sick of being referred to as a paid protester for simply standing up to this administration," Ehninger, who lives in Sandy, said Monday. "As a constituent of Chaffetz's district, I am offended that he would dismiss our opposing opinions with such a ridiculous claim and wanted to call this out."
    http://www.sltrib.com/home/4937377-1...onal-agitators

Chaffetz. Scum of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Chaffetz. Scum of the earth.
    Just run of the mill for today's GOP, unfortunately.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yep, still here

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

I swear I read somewhere that Steve King has never authored a bill that's actually been signed into law.

Edit: Found it. As of 2015, he'd never sponsored a bill that made it out of committee, let alone got signed into law.
    Last edited by unofan; 02-21-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    I swear I read somewhere that Steve King has never authored a bill that's actually been signed into law.

Edit: Found it. As of 2015, he'd never sponsored a bill that made it out of committee, let alone got signed into law.
    He never had this Congress and this President.

We're going to get a lesson, but I'm not sure what that lesson is going to be.

Lesson A: Now that the Republicans can actually pass all the lunatic garbage they have proposed for decades, they will happily do so, and the ensuing social and economic tsunamai will make them the out party for the next 40 years, just like after they had total control in the 1920s.

Lesson B: Now that the Republicans can actually pass all the lunatic garbage they have proposed for decades, they will recognize doing so is suicide, so they will hem and haw and claim they can't, and the orcs will finally recognize they are a fraudulent party and split off to form The Know Nothing Numb Nut Party, led by true believers like Ted Cruz, which will split the right down the middle and potentially actually end the Republican party, to be replaced by a whole new American party system.

Lesson C: They'll do it, it will be a disaster, and nothing will change because their voters are simply too isolated from fact. Even when the consequences come to their own door, they will always find a way to blame Blacks, Libruls, and Feminazis. And so this torture will go on for decades.

Lesson D: They'll do it, they were right, and the new American Millennium will be upon us, just as Jesus rides down to the rebuilt Temple on a unicorn that farts Iraqi WMD.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Well, there goes Handy's plan to educate people in the Red States.

They'll get block grants instead. I'm sure red state governors and legs can be trusted to spend those wisely.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    They'll get block grants instead. I'm sure red state governors and legs can be trusted to spend those wisely.
    rotflmao

No. No trust.

"The bill repeals a specified rule that established certain nutrition standards for the national school lunch and breakfast programs. (In general, the rule requires schools to increase the availability of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat or fat free milk in school meals; reduce the levels of sodium, saturated fat, and trans fat in school meals; and meet children's nutritional needs within their caloric requirements.)"

So not only will our kids be dumber, they will fatter and unhealthier too. But hey that will only disproportionately attack the broker school districts...cant see why that would be a problem. Those durn kids dont deserve to eat healthy anyways. They should tighten up their bootstraps and get a job or something!

This bill, and this idea, is so bad it is almost as horrible as electing the Czar Urea.

Kepler Lesson C is coming...there is no way this doesnt pass unless every Congressmen holds a townhall and gets destroyed.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I have mixed emotions on the value of something like the Department of Education.

Education has always been one of those weird areas of the U.S. where at least in my area has been funded at a very local level, but subject to rules and requirements that come from the State or Federal government. That creates hard feelings when the Feds come in and tell you how to run a school that you fund, not them.

It also creates an opportunity for the feds to come up with ideas like No Child Left Behind. The road to he!! is paved with good intentions.

The key will be to make sure that they identify the few important things the Department does handle, and make sure that gets reassigned to someone who will still see that it gets done.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Thread Information