Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

So, I may have had too much fun with this project:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Which is why he has to go.
      just admit you got played. They campaigned on something they knew wouldn't fly (taking away insurance from tens of millions of people), but people like you lapped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The state's Democratic org is a joke. We deserve him.
        Unfortunately for him it looks like he can't run as "Kid Rock" on the ballot which just killed his electability (I think his real name is Robert Richie or something like that).
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Unfortunately for him it looks like he can't run as "Kid Rock" on the ballot which just killed his electability (I think his real name is Robert Richie or something like that).
          Am I missing something, though? I mean, Kid Rock sucked. Don't we all -- left, right, and independent -- agree with that?

Or is this like a Seinfeld could actually get elected on Long Island thing -- pandering parochialism trumps objective suckitude.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Am I missing something, though? I mean, Kid Rock sucked. Don't we all -- left, right, and independent -- agree with that?

Or is this like a Seinfeld could actually get elected on Long Island thing -- pandering parochialism trumps objective suckitude.
            "Hi, I'm Jerry Seinfeld and I stand for nothing."

Landslide
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm not sure who's buying his music or who's thinking about voting for him. Its like if the guys from Minudo or Heidi Montag decided to launch a political career.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Sadly, no. Rednecks love him - dude is 21x Platinum across his entire discography.

Comment

Yeah but stiggin it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

So, Roy Moore claimed earlier this week that Sharia law is happening in the Midwest.

It'd be funny if 30+% of 'Bama's voters didn't take him seriously.

Comment

40% of Bama voters dont know the Midwest is in America...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        So, Roy Moore claimed earlier this week that Sharia law is happening in the Midwest.

It'd be funny if 30+% of 'Bama's voters didn't take him seriously.
                        "They keep using that word. I do not think it means what they think it means." It's long past comical how scared these people are of anyone darker than their farmers tan.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          40% of Bama voters dont know the Midwest is in America...
                          "You talk funny. Are you Canadian, or something?"

No joke, I've been asked that.

Comment

To be honest they probably think the Midwest is close to the Mideast which is of course the home of Sharia Law...it makes sense if you just drink turpentine and beat your head against a wall. (and your wife for good measure)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I've flat out told people in Florida that I was from Minnesota, and then they asked what part of Canada? I was a teenager at the time, so I may have missed some subtle joke, but I sincerely doubt it.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                I've flat out told people in Florida that I was from Minnesota, and then they asked what part of Canada? I was a teenager at the time, so I may have missed some subtle joke, but I sincerely doubt it.
                                My dad always likes to tell the story of when he was coming home from Georgia in the mid-1980s. He was in the ticket line at the airport in Atlanta, and the airline lady asked him where he was headed to. He told her he was headed back home to North Dakota, and the lady paused for a bit and then asked "isn't that right next to Alaska?" Needless to say, my dad was a bit concerned that he would never make it home.

Also, I was just asked on Tuesday by an attorney here in Colorado of whether I was from Canada...based solely on how I said the word "about."
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X