Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Turtle Boy appears to have forgotten that they had 7 years to come up with the replacement for Obamacare. I NEVER agree with Trump but on this one I do agree.
    Which is why I have been calling for Mitch to go. He peed his pants when he was required to walk the talk. Maybe we should call him the Cowardly Lion?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Which is why I have been calling for Mitch to go. He peed his pants when he was required to walk the talk. Maybe we should call him the Cowardly Lion?
      Nope. Turtle Boy.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Why would they walk the talk? They're the dog that caught the car. They campaigned so hard on repealing Obamacare because they assumed they'd never have to actually do it thanks to a presumed presidential veto. When they held onto the Senate and got Trump in the WH, they had no plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Why would they walk the talk? They're the dog that caught the car. They campaigned so hard on repealing Obamacare because they assumed they'd never have to actually do it thanks to a presumed presidential veto. When they held onto the Senate and got Trump in the WH, they had no plan.
          Which is why he has to go. Or appoint him ambassador to Australia.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Speaking to reporters on Thursday afternoon outside his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., Mr. Trump was asked if Mr. McConnell should consider stepping down.

“I’ll tell you what,” Mr. Trump began, “if he doesn’t get repeal and replace done and if he doesn’t get taxes done, meaning cuts and reform, and if he doesn’t get a very easy one to get done, infrastructure, if he doesn’t get them done, then you can ask me that question.”
            https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Love it. Turtle Boy is in hot water. Swim Turtle Boy, swim.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/10/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Love it. Turtle Boy is in hot water. Swim Turtle Boy, swim.
              I'm just waiting for him to dogwhistle to the "Second Amendment people". That's the only thing missing from these latest screeds against individual pols.

Comment

How is infrastructure easy? We can't afford the amount of repairs this country needs to pay for yearly to get things up to "code".
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  How is infrastructure easy? We can't afford the amount of repairs this country needs to pay for yearly to get things up to "code".
                  He thinks it's easy cause the Democrats want to do it. What he doesn't realize is the Democrats and the Republicans do not agree how to pay for the infrastructure. So, it's no longer easy.

Comment

We could afford to do more of it, if we did the sensible thing - raised taxes and cut military spending. However, both are verboten in the Republican platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      We could afford to do more of it, if we did the sensible thing - raised taxes and cut military spending. However, both are verboten in the Republican platform.
                      Except the GOP Establishment won't play ball with tD either. They want somebody more inside/predictable. tD is neither.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sure we could. Current gas tax of 18 cents a gallon (24 cents for diesel) raises about 36Bn a year. Chump wants a 1T infrastructure plan. Simple math sez double the tax rate and implement a 2 for 1 matching funding with any state that wants to take on a project. 75Bn from Feds plus matching 25Bn from states willing to pony up = $100Bn a year for 10 years = $1T infrastructure plan. Inflation since 1993 is up about 65% which would be roughly 30 cents a gallon for comparison's sake.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I'm just waiting for him to dogwhistle to the "Second Amendment people". That's the only thing missing from these latest screeds against individual pols.
                          "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome tortoise?"
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome tortoise?"
                            Very nice.

Comment

GOP is officially going to back Kid Rock for Senate. He'll win.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                GOP is officially going to back Kid Rock for Senate. He'll win.
                                The state's Democratic org is a joke. We deserve him.

Comment

Working...
                                X