Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Sadly, this may very well be true. I may have missed previous discussion on this, but does anybody else get this strange feeling that the movie Idiocracy is becoming more and more like an omniscient preview of the future, rather than a satirical comedy?
    Well it makes sense. Trump appeals to idiots and he has brought more of them into the electorate. The only hope is that they're not permanently engaged.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Kid Rock? No.

The Rock? Probably.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        the movie Idiocracy is becoming more and more like an omniscient preview of the future, rather than a satirical comedy?
        I think it's starting to look like a nostalgic piece about a prior golden age.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Beach reading

Al Franken, Giant of the Senate https://www.amazon.com/dp/1455540412..._TAuBzb4JSQS6K
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'm assuming it's probably a rewrite of Why Not Me?, except the joke is that he actually became a Senator?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I'm assuming it's probably a rewrite of Why Not Me?, except the joke is that he actually became a Senator?
              That's a great book that got lost among his other ones. He really just makes fun of everyone in politics at that time, both sides of the aisle. My favorite is him having an all-Jewish cabinet with Lieberman as his VP, and then a year later Gore actually picked Lieberman in real life.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Beach reading

Al Franken, Giant of the Senate https://www.amazon.com/dp/1455540412..._TAuBzb4JSQS6K
                I love this review if only because I could definitely hear Franken uttering the last bit in his best Al Franken cadence. I've added [ahh]'s for effect :

From Senator Al Franken - #1 bestselling author and beloved SNL alum - comes the story of an award-winning comedian who decided to run for office and then [ahh] discovered why [ahh] award-winning comedians [ahh] tend [ahh] not to do that.

Comment

From CNN:

John McCain diagnosed with the same cancer Ted Kennedy had. Very sad news....

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    From CNN:

I wonder if that explains how some of his statements lately seemed...not right.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      From CNN:

F-ck cancer.

He should leave now and spend his time with his family.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        F-ck cancer.

He should and I hope he does, but I think his life is testament to the fact that he's made of some different stuff than most of us.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          From CNN:

Yeah, my Mom died from a GBM 2 years after diagnosis. No coming back from that one.
                          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            F-ck cancer.

I doubt he'll quit until he can't function, seems like that kind of guy. Cancer sucks
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I doubt he'll quit until he can't function, seems like that kind of guy. Cancer sucks
                              How long did Teddy stick around?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                How long did Teddy stick around?
                                Lasted about 14 months, came back from Massachusetts to break filibusters in the first 8-9 of them.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X