Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Apparently, no matter how much money from outside your state is used to fund a campaign for the House of Representatives, voters still prefer that the candidate at least live in their district....
    Bruce Poliquin, slimeball representing Maine's second district didn't live in the district until after he was elected. He "grew up" in the second district, but moved away long ago. He lived in a multi-million dollar oceanfront compound in southern Maine and promised to buy a home in the district if he won. Well he did. I doubt he has slept very many nights in that house.
    Last edited by BassAle; 06-22-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Do as I say, not as I do. Still the party of servitude. http://freebeacon.com/issues/majorit...t-pay-interns/

Comment

Scalise shooting is Obama's Fault. Thanks Obama.

(CNN)Republican Rep. Steve King said Wednesday he partly blames former president Barack Obama for the divided political climate that he argues led to the shooting of House Majority Whip and three others on a baseball field in Alexandria, Virginia.
        "I do want to put some of this at the feet of Barack Obama," the Iowa congressman said in an interview with Simon Conway on WHO Iowa radio. "He contributed mightily to dividing us. He focused on our differences rather than our things that unify us. And this is some of the fruits of that labor."
        http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politi...ame/index.html
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Which is greater: the number of days Steve King has been in Congress without authoring a bill or the population of the city he lives in?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Scalise shooting is Obama's Fault. Thanks Obama.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politi...ame/index.html
            I saw that last week. He's from Iowa, playing to the Iowans. That state's about as diverse as the Iron Range.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I saw that last week. He's from Iowa, playing to the Iowans. That state's about as diverse as the Iron Range.
              Used to be blue. It's now gone, forever.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                I saw that last week. He's from Iowa, playing to the Iowans. That state's about as intelligent and diverse as a bag of rice.
                I would have said this
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I would have said this
                  Mountain Dew is all over my screen. Thanks.

Comment

Mountain Dew is all over my screen. Thanks.

We need to get you on coffee instead. SPeaking of...

Kepler, how is the great coffee experiment going?

Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316
                    HATED it. I had to choke it down a sip at a time. Honestly. The first week I didn't even finish half my cup.
                    That's actually amazing that you were able to rewire your tastes. I'm going to take a shot at it, so if you are lying I will hunt you down and gut you like a fish.
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Do as I say, not as I do. Still the party of servitude. http://freebeacon.com/issues/majorit...t-pay-interns/
                      Oh please, if interns were paid, you'd be screaming about government largesse. $%*($%*ing hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Kepler, how is the great coffee experiment going?
                        It's been on hold. There was no way I was going through the Housing Crisis without my established caffeine delivery system.

But thanks for reminding me to take it up again. Dr. Mrs. has a Keurig and we live near a Starbucks now, so I am guardedly hopeful.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Used to be blue. It's now gone, forever.
                          We'll see. Iowa's a weird state in that the left it does have is very liberal. It's a state with no middle. That may actually help when the country as a whole realizes Republican ideas are horse hockey.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            We'll see. Iowa's a weird state in that the left it does have is very liberal. It's a state with no middle. That may actually help when the country as a whole realizes Republican ideas are horse hockey.
                            We'll see. Wisconsin's gone too.

Comment

"Your act hasn't changed much..."

(Neither has mine.)
                              Cornell University

Comment

Wisconsin has a very strong progressive tradition, and our liberals are also very liberal, so I have to believe we can come back.

But there's that paradox: The likes of Bob Lafollette on one hand:

As governor, La Follette championed numerous progressive reforms, including the first workers' compensation system, railroad rate reform, direct legislation, municipal home rule, open government, the minimum wage, non-partisan elections, the open primary system, direct election of U.S. Senators, women's suffrage, and progressive taxation. He created an atmosphere of close collaboration between the state government and the University of Wisconsin in the development of progressive policy, which became known as the Wisconsin Idea. The goals of his policy included the recall, referendum, direct primary, and initiative. All of these were aimed at giving citizens a more direct role in government.

The Wisconsin Idea promoted the idea of grounding legislation on thorough research and expert involvement. To implement this program, La Follette began working with University of Wisconsin–Madison faculty. This made Wisconsin a "laboratory for democracy" and "the most important state for the development of progressive legislation".[2] As governor, La Follette signed legislation that created the Wisconsin Legislative Reference Library (now Bureau) to ensure that a research agency would be available for the development of legislation.

And Joe McCarthy and Scott Walker on the other.

no comment

Comment

Working...
                                X