Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Didn't you hear? They were all paid by George Soros.
    It just feeds my narrative that there are no new good ideas or problem solving in Washington anymore. And we know why. That narrative feeds the GOP's election coffers that Washington can't solve people's problems. And as long as Government is bad, Republicans will continue to get elected and make millions off of government.

And that's Conservative. According to Rush. Which has redefined the term. Saw that he was pretty sad the other day over Trump caving on the Wall.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It just boggles my mind...Obamacare supposedly sucks yet the Congressmen who want to repeal and replace it want to stay on it and keep their staff on it? The logic doesnt work...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Paul Ryan shows his true globalist colors of racially-motivated eugenics and turning the US into a Fourth World country: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...p-border-wall/

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          It just boggles my mind...Obamacare supposedly sucks yet the Congressmen who want to repeal and replace it want to stay on it and keep their staff on it? The logic doesnt work...
          It's been the logic since Reagan. The GOP wants all the good but doesn't want to pay for it. Thus the debt. Obamacare has lots of "good" stuff that everyone supports. The problem is it costs money. So, the GOP keeps the good for their people and **** the electorate. Everybody wins.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Paul Ryan shows his true globalist colors of racially-motivated eugenics and turning the US into a Fourth World country: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...p-border-wall/
            Trump is in agreement. Is he a Globalist too? I haven't seen him at the meetings.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              It's been the logic since Reagan. The GOP wants all the good but doesn't want to pay for it. Thus the debt. Obamacare has lots of "good" stuff that everyone supports. The problem is it costs money. So, the GOP keeps the good for their people and **** the electorate. Everybody wins.
              Tax and spend is better than borrow and spend.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am very dubious and very distrustful of Trump and GOP Congress on their tax plan. 35% to 15% does not convince me that revenues will be made up for even greater debt spending.

Some companies like GE don't pay 35%, they take advantage of loopholes to pay far less or almost no tax.

As it is, many companies are outsourcing work because the labor is dirt cheap. For instance, John Hancock is laying off many US workers and hiring workers in the Philippines for far less. So even if it is lowered to 15% I don't see how it will pay our bills with lost revenues. Mnunchin says it will create jobs here but I am skeptical that it will do what it is suppose to do and boost the economy.

Other economists can poke holes through their plans and you get the idea that the GOP is just spinning and cramming this plan down our throats to benefit certain people. When you asked questions or bring up real facts, they quickly dismiss it or quickly give you an answer that doesn't answer the question. Why ? Because they have no answer and hope you swallow everything they tell you.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  I am very dubious and very distrustful of Trump and GOP Congress on their tax plan. 35% to 15% does not convince me that revenues will be made up for even greater debt spending.

Some companies like GE don't pay 35%, they take advantage of loopholes to pay far less or almost no tax.

As it is, many companies are outsourcing work because the labor is dirt cheap. For instance, John Hancock is laying off many US workers and hiring workers in the Philippines for far less. So even if it is lowered to 15% I don't see how it will pay our bills with lost revenues. Mnunchin says it will create jobs here but I am skeptical that it will do what it is suppose to do and boost the economy.

Other economists can poke holes through their plans and you get the idea that the GOP is just spinning and cramming this plan down our throats to benefit certain people. When you asked questions or bring up real facts, they quickly dismiss it or quickly give you an answer that doesn't answer the question. Why ? Because they have no answer and hope you swallow everything they tell you.
                  I would be willing to make the corporate tax rate 0% if we made the personal income tax rate over $1M 50% and over $10M 90%.

Companies can generate jobs, that's fine, don't tax that. Tax the people who are getting rich through the manipulation of columns of figures. Anybody can do that; they don't need to be compensated with insane wealth.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Say what you will about her, but Elizabeth Warren was brilliant on Real Time last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Say what you will about her, but Elizabeth Warren was brilliant on Real Time last night.
                      I'll stop at "brilliant", because anyone with a working brain knows that trickle-down and student loans are a fallacy that has led to America's crumbling infrastructure, and the indentured servitude of many Millennials (I'm fortunate not to be in this trap, but I know many peers for whom it is a reality). I'll say this - she didn't cut any corners while making a case. It's too bad that only libs watch Maher.

I did figuratively vomit when she said, "I went to Trump's inauguration. I wanted to SEE it with my EYES!!!!!"

She's not electable though. A Harvard prof-turned-Senator? Half of America already sees her as Hillary with designer glasses.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-29-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Didn't say she was electable. Only I thought her message was powerful and very well constructed along with her conviction.

Comment

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...florida-237813

Another longtime Republican is leaving the House. More evidence of rats fleeing a sinking ship or just normal churn?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Another longtime Republican is leaving the House. More evidence of rats fleeing a sinking ship or just normal churn?
                            Sounds like a case of a weary Bush Republican calling it a career amidst the current chaos.

Chaffetz, on the other hand, is probably going to lay low and aim for Gov. of Utah or the Senate in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Smart...Health Care bill will kill her reelection anyways.

Chaffetz ain't going for the Senate...he well go for Governor.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Interesting. It starts as a trickle. We shall see.

This could well be a horrible midterm for the GOP.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X