Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Well, there goes Handy's plan to educate people in the Red States.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      They'll get block grants instead. I'm sure red state governors and legs can be trusted to spend those wisely.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        They'll get block grants instead. I'm sure red state governors and legs can be trusted to spend those wisely.
        rotflmao

No. No trust.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"The bill repeals a specified rule that established certain nutrition standards for the national school lunch and breakfast programs. (In general, the rule requires schools to increase the availability of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat or fat free milk in school meals; reduce the levels of sodium, saturated fat, and trans fat in school meals; and meet children's nutritional needs within their caloric requirements.)"

So not only will our kids be dumber, they will fatter and unhealthier too. But hey that will only disproportionately attack the broker school districts...cant see why that would be a problem. Those durn kids dont deserve to eat healthy anyways. They should tighten up their bootstraps and get a job or something!

This bill, and this idea, is so bad it is almost as horrible as electing the Czar Urea.

Kepler Lesson C is coming...there is no way this doesnt pass unless every Congressmen holds a townhall and gets destroyed.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have mixed emotions on the value of something like the Department of Education.

Education has always been one of those weird areas of the U.S. where at least in my area has been funded at a very local level, but subject to rules and requirements that come from the State or Federal government. That creates hard feelings when the Feds come in and tell you how to run a school that you fund, not them.

It also creates an opportunity for the feds to come up with ideas like No Child Left Behind. The road to he!! is paved with good intentions.

The key will be to make sure that they identify the few important things the Department does handle, and make sure that gets reassigned to someone who will still see that it gets done.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              I have mixed emotions on the value of something like the Department of Education.

Education has always been one of those weird areas of the U.S. where at least in my area has been funded at a very local level, but subject to rules and requirements that come from the State or Federal government. That creates hard feelings when the Feds come in and tell you how to run a school that you fund, not them.

It also creates an opportunity for the feds to come up with ideas like No Child Left Behind. The road to he!! is paved with good intentions.

The key will be to make sure that they identify the few important things the Department does handle, and make sure that gets reassigned to someone who will still see that it gets done.
              Well, the one thing we know for sure is there is a systemic dismantling of public education going on. We no longer fix, or take to account public education. Instead we seek to destroy it.

I hope my kids kids can go to private school.

Comment

Well, the one thing we know for sure is there is a systemic dismantling of public education going on. We no longer fix, or take to account public education. Instead we seek to destroy it.

I hope my kids kids can go to private school.
                Well as long as they are white or can play sports they have a shot...

Minneapolis Public Schools are going to take it in the shorts on this one,
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  I swear I read somewhere that Steve King has never authored a bill that's actually been signed into law.

Edit: Found it. As of 2015, he'd never sponsored a bill that made it out of committee, let alone got signed into law.
                  Jesus. Do your ****ing job.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    He never had this Congress and this President.

We're going to get a lesson, but I'm not sure what that lesson is going to be.

Lesson A: Now that the Republicans can actually pass all the lunatic garbage they have proposed for decades, they will happily do so, and the ensuing social and economic tsunamai will make them the out party for the next 40 years, just like after they had total control in the 1920s.

Lesson B: Now that the Republicans can actually pass all the lunatic garbage they have proposed for decades, they will recognize doing so is suicide, so they will hem and haw and claim they can't, and the orcs will finally recognize they are a fraudulent party and split off to form The Know Nothing Numb Nut Party, led by true believers like Ted Cruz, which will split the right down the middle and potentially actually end the Republican party, to be replaced by a whole new American party system.

Lesson C: They'll do it, it will be a disaster, and nothing will change because their voters are simply too isolated from fact. Even when the consequences come to their own door, they will always find a way to blame Blacks, Libruls, and Feminazis. And so this torture will go on for decades.

Lesson D: They'll do it, they were right, and the new American Millennium will be upon us, just as Jesus rides down to the rebuilt Temple on a unicorn that farts Iraqi WMD.
                    5:1
                    10:1
                    2:5
                    6:1
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mr. Carter created the Dept. of Education (doors opened circa 1980*).

How'd we do things before the Dept of Education?

*Yup, "War" and Treasury still call Education "noob" and give it noogies and wedgies and swirlies.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You're right, let's let the Republicans in Kansas and Mississippi teach our kids the 2+2 = carrot
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          You're right, let's let the Republicans in Kansas and Mississippi teach our kids the 2+2 = carrot
                          Obligatory image link.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I proudly associate myself with the remarks from the distinguished gentleman.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Mr. Carter created the Dept. of Education (doors opened circa 1980*).

How'd we do things before the Dept of Education?

*Yup, "War" and Treasury still call Education "noob" and give it noogies and wedgies and swirlies.
                              Have we won a war since we merged Navy and War and created Defense?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Have we won a war since we merged Navy and War and created Defense?
                                Has the last war even ended since the establishment of Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism act?

Comment

Working...
                                X