Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

He's the worst kind of person. He really is.

There are a lot of sh_tty people in government but he's near the top.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      He's the worst kind of person. He really is.

There are a lot of sh_tty people in government but he's near the top.
      Bags of dicks voted to silence her. This is what it is now- just stop anyone you don't like from speaking

Comment

Wait, all 52 republicans voted in support?
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mitch dickface McConnell invoked rule 19 (impugning a senator) against Warren tonight after she read a letter from Corretta Scott King written to the Senate and added to the record when he was nominated for a federal judgeship.
          Poor triggered little snowflakes.

Wait, all 52 republicans voted in support?
          Duh

Comment

This might be my, "fine, **** them all to their own self-imposed demise" moment.
            Code:

Comment

Maddow on Warren:

I am not surprised that Mitch McConnell came up with a procedural way to interrupt what the Senate Democrats were doing on the floor of the Senate. He knows they're there for the second all nighter in a row. He knows they're tired, he knows that that's a good time to try to provoke people. You know that's not politics, that's human nature. What I am very surprised by - and I hope it's viewed by Republicans as a political failure and not as a political success - what I'm surprised by is that he chose the widow of Martin Luther King Junior as the hill he wanted to die on. As the thing that he was going to proclaim, effectively, obscene on the floor of the Senate. By using Caretta Scott King's words as the way that he shut up Elizabeth Warren he is exhibiting the kind of profound indifference to the racial contours of the Jeff Sessions nomination that I wouldn't have expected from somebody as savvy as Mitch McConnell. So if they did that on purpose to try to be racially provocative, to try to stir up the racial edge or try to stir up racial currents here, I think that's scary and gross. if they did it accidentally I think it's political malpractice. But I think that they just turned this issue and Elizabeth Warren and the Jeff Sessions nomination into a much hotter and more hotly contested and sort of scarier thing than it's been up until now.
              She said she doesn't believe he meant this as a racial argument, but if he did it's going to open up some new avenues.
              Code:

Comment

Maddow on Warren:

She said she doesn't believe he meant this as a racial argument, but if he did it's going to open up some new avenues.
                ...but who will care? Not to go all scooby but really, what will happen? Trump could **** a pig on tv ala black mirror and no one would care

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  ...but who will care? Not to go all scooby but really, what will happen? Trump could **** a pig on tv ala black mirror and no one would care
                  Half of Trump's supporters would be yelling "You're doin' it wrong! You gotta grab the pig like *this* while doin' that!" at their TV's.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Not to mention, being the huge cheerleader for Warren that she is, Maddow is hardly the source to be citing for impact analysis.

Trumpers won't care. In fact, Trumpers are tired of hearing from Warren, so they'll probably applaud it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      That's a fair point. And maybe I'm forgetting Kepler's First Law:
                      Mind not the outrage du jour. Watch the Congress and watch the regulators.

As we are all outraged by the OOTD, the FCC has:
                      --Took steps to remove competition to cable companies by allowing them to continue to control all set top boxes
                      --Eliminated a program designed to provide cheap internet access to rural areas
                      --Been gutting net neutrality
                      --Dropped investigations into AT&T's violation of net neutrality
                      --Considering removing the ban on robocalls
                      Code:

Comment

Sessions is a Senator. He'll probably get a handful of Dem votes anyway. Devos was as close as this was ever going to get.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Not to mention, being the huge cheerleader for Warren that she is, Maddow is hardly the source to be citing for impact analysis.

Trumpers won't care. In fact, Trumpers are tired of hearing from Warren, so they'll probably applaud it.
                          Frankly, I don't give a **** about trump supporters or what they think. They have proven themselves mentally ill with the delusions they hold even this far into the administration.

There is plenty of room for conservatives to debate, though I will let them know why they're wrong . People like Clown have a seat at the adult table. (And before you all get your panties in a wad, I'm not going to list everyone, he's just the one I thought of first.)
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Sessions is a Senator. He'll probably get a handful of Dem votes anyway. Devos was as close as this was ever going to get.
                            Just imagine how quickly many of them would vote to get rid of Cruz if he ever accepts a nomination for something.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Half of Trump's supporters would be yelling "You're doin' it wrong! You gotta grab the pig like *this* while doin' that!" at their TV's.
                              Trump supporters here are now frantically looking up black mirror to see if they can watch
                              I'll help you: season one, episode one

Comment

Let's take a look at what the GOP is ramming through Congress.

Recently introduced:
                                H.R.896 — To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt amounts paid for aircraft management services from the excise taxes imposed on transportation by air.

H.R.894 — To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exclude from gross income certain interest and money market fund dividend income payments to charity and to modify the requirements relating to the...

H.R.890 — To establish the United States Copyright Office as an agency in the legislative branch, and for other purposes.

H.R.884 — To clarify that volunteers at a children's consignment event are not employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.

H.R.883 — To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a certification process for the issuance of nondisclosure requirements accompanying certain administrative subpoenas, to provide for judicial review...

H.R.878 — To authorize the use of unapproved medical products by patients diagnosed with a terminal illness in accordance with State law, and for other purposes.

All those being proposed by Republicans.

There are some good bill's (I think) in regards to increased VA funding also proposed.

But the Dems are wasting no time in trolling their own bills:

H.J.Res.64 — Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States giving Congress power to regulate campaign contributions for Federal elections.

H.Con.Res.21 — Reaffirming a strong commitment to the United States-Australia alliance relationship.

H.Res.94 — Commending Sally Quillian Yates for refusing to enforce Donald Trump's discriminatory Executive Order 13769 (82 Fed. Reg. 8977; relating to "Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into...

Troll level: +10
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X