Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

We shall see.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I prefer him doing this, than running for Mayor of Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Based on the polling, it almost looks like the Democrats could have benefitted by splitting support between two candidates early on. Seems unlikely that Ossoff could secure a majority in this first round. But, if you split Ossoff's support, there may have been a decent shot of winning the top two spots.

Comment

Ossoff is running away with the special election but his projections put him around 48% when all is said and done meaning there will be a runoff. Handel is in second place with 18%

Live Results Here
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I went to a town hall on healthcare in erik paulsens district tonight. Andy slavitt was the speaker.

Lots of angry, worried and vocal senior citizens. A few of them were at paulsens office today. Andy himself had to pay to attend at event today just to see paulsen, since he won't face his constituents publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I went to a town hall on healthcare in erik paulsens district tonight. Andy slavitt was the speaker.

Lots of angry, worried and vocal senior citizens. A few of them were at paulsens office today. Andy himself had to pay to attend at event today just to see paulsen, since he won't face his constituents publicly.
              Paulsen has proven he is nothing more than a spineless GOP lapdog. He doesnt have a real thought in his brain just whatever Paul Ryan tells him to think...so glad I moved to Keith's district

Angie hates that I was right about Paulsen...if the Dems put up anyone better than Terry Bonoff he will be dead in 2 years.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Georgia, Epic fail. Trump wins again.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  So the Dem has no chance in a runoff?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    So the Dem has no chance in a runoff?
                    No chance. Realize that the total of all the Democratic vote was under 50. He also didn't do any better than Hillary in totality. It's typical DNC.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Did he have a chance on a runoff if anyone else was president ? I doubt it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Did he have a chance on a runoff if anyone else was president ? I doubt it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        Depends. DNC believed Hillary could win the State of Georgia. Delusion is high on the DNC side

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Depends. DNC believed Hillary could win the State of Georgia. Delusion is high on the DNC side
                          The base of the DNC is not representative of the voters in the district??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The base of the DNC is not representative of the voters in the district??
                            That district, it was reported yesterday, has been a GOP stronghold for decades. Given that the race has been forced to a runoff, there are pundits out there saying this is a sign that Trump and Congress is weakening the party.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Prediction: Democrat voters will think "Well, he has nearly a 30 point lead, I can sit this one out".
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No offense but this is completely wrong. First of all isnt it something like a 20 point swing from when Price won? That is an epic fail for the RNC not the DNC...especially since that district has been solid red for decades.

Second, there is no guarantee that Handel will beat Ossoff in the runoff. Just because the GOP voters outvoted the Dems overall (barely) doesnt mean they are all going to vote or that they are all going to vote for her. Plenty didnt like her and wont be super motivated to vote for her.

Third, it is going to be super close no matter who wins. That shows that Trump support is waning at the moment. A 30 year old nobody just put the fear of god into Trump and his party (so much so he was robocalling and tweeting about it on election day) in a district he had zero business winning. If they can do it there, they can do it elsewhere as well.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 04-19-2017, 07:41 AM.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X