Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

awwww... [female dog] McConnell can't handle the pace...

Pick someone else to lead, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      awwww... [female dog] McConnell can't handle the pace...

Pick someone else to lead, then.
      If you want to advance the agenda the GOP was elected to do, then most assuredly replace the leadership.

If you want the status quo, keep them.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If you want to advance the agenda the GOP was elected to do, then most assuredly replace the leadership.

The status quo is making a few people a lot of money.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

both options are terrible Joe. I'm not sure why you can't figure that out -- you _actually_ seem to _want_ the GOP to be able to advance their agenda. The GOP's stated agenda that they get elected on is a ****ing joke, so thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster they aren't having any luck getting that done... But what they ARE doing is funneling money into the hands a few wealthy people. And they are ****ing over our environment and the poor/middle class do do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            both options are terrible Joe. I'm not sure why you can't figure that out -- you _actually_ seem to _want_ the GOP to be able to advance their agenda. The GOP's stated agenda that they get elected on is a ****ing joke, so thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster they aren't having any luck getting that done... But what they ARE doing is funneling money into the hands a few wealthy people. And they are ****ing over our environment and the poor/middle class do do it.
            None of that matters to joe as long as the Democrats don't get into power because... reasons.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              None of that matters to joe as long as the Democrats don't get into power because... reasons.
              Because abortion. Joe's a one trick pony, though at least he admits it when pressed. Everything else is just window dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Because abortion. Joe's a one trick pony, though at least he admits it when pressed. Everything else is just window dressing.
                I believe if we asked joe to leave abortion aside and evaluate the parties on everything else he would still be opposed to having the Dems in charge. He seems to have absorbed the amorphous thought-terminating cliches that the Echo Chamber has jammed into RW heads for the last 2 generations. OTOH, he's smart, so he probably rejects the actual falsehoods they have pushed. That leaves him with an "aftertaste" that the Dems are bad, not really tied to anything once you leave off abortion, but which nonetheless he will vote on.

joe's never, ever, ever, ever, ever coming over to our side. Not even now that abortion isn't a litmus test for Democratic support anymore. His kids or grandkids may, but he won't. Men typically drift rightward as they drift into old age because they become more tired and worn out and so they see the world as more threatening, less under their control, and passing them by and thus they long for a return to the "Golden Age" of order and righteousness which, in reality, never was. As they age they mistake the dying of their own light as the dying of the world.
                Last edited by Kepler; 08-10-2017, 09:35 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  OTOH, he's smart, so he probably rejects the actual falsehoods they have pushed.
                  wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    An agenda that will get you elected. Some you'll like and others you'll loathe. But a debate on the issues, as opposed to "Jane you ignorant slut" would be useful.

Repeal Obamacare. A wonderful idea that gets fubar'd up when the feds get involved. Let each state decide.

Fix the delivery of healthcare. It is criminal that there are areas of this country that are medically underserved.

Tax reform. The current code is now a Rube Goldberg contraption. Fix it. Simplify it.

Semi isolationism. We should not be the world's nanny. When American interests are threatened, rattle the drums. If there is a temper tantrum in ROFLstan, who cares?

If a "war" has gone on for more than 10 years without measurable success, end it or scale it back to a police action. If still no measurable success after another 5 years, end it in its entirety.

End the Department of Education. We were doing fine without it.

End Department of Homeland Security. A cabinet department that was established out of fear needs to go.

Close the VA hospitals. Allow vets to receive care at any facility in the USA. The VA itself may need to go and its functions transferred to OPM.

Rename the Department of Defense the Department of War. That's what it does, isn't it?

Now for the stuff that will throw me in jail.

Remove federal laws on the growth and sale of domestically grown weed (Keep the laws against the importation of foreign weed. We want to foster US industries). Establish a federal tax of $X per _____ on weed. Let the states decide on whether and how it should be sold and used.

Remove federal laws regarding the criminalization of prostitution. Install laws on the minimum safety levels for prostitutes and a federal licensing fee of $X to cover the cost of a federal criminal and background check. Let each state/locality decide on it's legality and licensing requirements.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Remove federal laws on the growth and sale of domestically grown weed (Keep the laws against the importation of foreign weed. We want to foster US industries). Establish a federal tax of $X per _____ on weed. Let the states decide on whether and how it should be sold and used.

Remove federal laws regarding the criminalization of prostitution. Install laws on the minimum safety levels for prostitutes and a federal licensing fee of $X to cover the cost of a federal criminal and background check. Let each state/locality decide on it's legality and licensing requirements.

Are there federal laws criminalizing prostitution? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that's a state issue (hence legal brothels in Nevada)

by the way, repealing ObamaCare is only a good idea if you're replacing it with something BETTER like Medicare for all single payer. I think all Democrats would be okay with that.

The free market solution (What the republicans want) is not going to fix the delivery of healthcare with respect to undeserved areas. They are undeserved because it's a money losing proposition to provide healthcare in those areas.

For nearly all of your positions, the Democrats would be better.

Comment

Repeal Obamacare. A wonderful idea that gets fubar'd up when the feds get involved. Let each state decide.
                        Federal single payer which the states may opt into once or out of once, the end. Eliminate every other federal health care program. If the states opt out they have to solve their own problems with zero federal money. Let the slaves states rot and keep free state money home in the civilized world. Done.

Fix the delivery of healthcare. It is criminal that there are areas of this country that are medically underserved.
                        See above. Problem solved if the state electorate wants it. If not, elections have consequences. Done.

Tax reform. The current code is now a Rube Goldberg contraption. Fix it. Simplify it.
                        0% to 50k. 25% 50-$100k. 50% from 100k-1M. 75% 1-5M. 90% over $5M. No exemptions or deductions, everybody files singly. Capital gains and earned income exactly the same. Done.

Semi isolationism. We should not be the world's nanny. When American interests are threatened, rattle the drums. If there is a temper tantrum in ROFLstan, who cares?
                        So say we all. Done.

If a "war" has gone on for more than 10 years without measurable success, end it or scale it back to a police action. If still no measurable success after another 5 years, end it in its entirety.
                        Change those numbers to 5 and 2, respectively. Done.

End the Department of Education. We were doing fine without it.
                        Another way to repatriate free state money from the slave states. Done.

End Department of Homeland Security. A cabinet department that was established out of fear needs to go.
                        Done.

Close the VA hospitals. Allow vets to receive care at any facility in the USA. The VA itself may need to go and its functions transferred to OPM.
                        See Single Payer above. Done.

Rename the Department of Defense the Department of War. That's what it does, isn't it?
                        Also: merge all the branches -- no independent existence for an army, navy, marine corps, or air force. One unified agency with no domestic authority unless there is a physical incursion onto US soil. Done.

Done.

Done.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-10-2017, 11:14 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Are there federal laws criminalizing prostitution? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure that's a state issue (hence legal brothels in Nevada)
                          The Mann Act can come into play, but that's more along the lines of transferring a person across state lines for the purpose of prostitution. It's meant, chiefly, to reign in human trafficking, but that often leads to it being lumped in with prostitution and pimping charges.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            ROFLStan has oil, so off we go to war.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

by the way, repealing ObamaCare is only a good idea if you're replacing it with something BETTER like Medicare for all single payer. I think all Democrats would be okay with that.

The free market solution (What the republicans want) is not going to fix the delivery of healthcare with respect to undeserved areas. They are undeserved because it's a money losing proposition to provide healthcare in those areas.

For nearly all of your positions, the Democrats would be better.
                              I think the Mann Act is still on the books - and it needs to stay. Prostitution needs to become a respected position with nice safe places to conduct business.

The trouble with any federal "welfare" program is that it becomes a fiscal black hole where the only solution is to throw more money at the problem. For that reason I am against any federal involvement in the health insurance business.

Health care is altogether different. If rural areas are lacking in adequate health care, get them the resources (dictors/clinics/hospitals/nurses). This is currently being done via federal incentives.

Why I don't support the Dems - you favor a federal approach to solve problems. I don't. You're also a very dogmatic party where dissent from the official line is not tolerated. And yes - you require dogmatic support for terminating the life of the unborn. Sorry, can't do that.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Turtle Boy appears to have forgotten that they had 7 years to come up with the replacement for Obamacare. I NEVER agree with Trump but on this one I do agree.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X