Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Well, clearly this is true of us all here. We've got me rooting for The People's Republic That Is Always Just 2 Elections Away, Rover who believes Hillary is STILL A LOCK, DARN IT, if only those mean liberals would bow and scrape, Scooby who guarantees whatever the worst possible outcome is without reflection because thinking is hard, Fish who regurgitates whatever he heard on Fox and Friends this morning, and Flag who angrily rattles the bars while hiding some flies for a late night snack.

This place aint exactly the Jacbin Club.
    Without reflection? Hardly. I spend way too much time reading and thinking about these topics not to have any reflection. Lest we forget I have had to endure in the prime earning years of my life the worst of President's. Only to have someone worse elected this time. My pessimism is grounded in staunch reality.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Well we will never know because he is choosing not to run. Is McMullin from that area could he run?
      McMullin was born in Provo. Not sure where he resides now, but that doesn't matter. I have no doubt he could win that district.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Without reflection? Hardly. I spend way too much time reading and thinking about these topics not to have any reflection. Lest we forget I have had to endure in the prime earning years of my life the worst of President's. Only to have someone worse elected this time. My pessimism is grounded in staunch reality.
        Yeah, yeah, it's still too easy. Deep cold pessimism is something only Russians can pull off. You gotta pick your battles, otherwise it's just the clock that's right twice a day.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, yeah, it's still too easy. Deep cold pessimism is something only Russians can pull off. You gotta pick your battles, otherwise it's just the clock that's right twice a day.
          Easy? You think this is easy? And what's more difficult exactly? Was it more difficult to assume Hillary was going to get elected? Was it more difficult to give Trump a chance? Is it more difficult to be one of the 50% who are now giving Trump a good job pat on the back in the polls?

I've had my optimism days. Then my President decided to cigar his intern and I ended up with hell the next go round. During hell I watched the country reelect him and my Government systematically destroy it's economy for the 1%. I then saw Barack Obama get elected and have his entire 8 year Presidency systematically destroyed by a ****ing turtle.

You think I'm too doom and gloom, deep cold pessimism? Handy had a post the other day that I couldn't even compete with and he's right on the mark. I could be worse. Much worse.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You think I'm too doom and gloom, deep cold pessimism?
            No, I think your shtick is to assure the worst possible outcome is inevitable. Trump wins? We will have an unending string of Trumps till the end of time.

That's fine as gallows humor, but after a while it's just lazy.

What percentage will the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate get?

Kepler: 54
            Rover: 60 but only if they're my GOP Lite candidate who won't touch Wall Street
            Bob Grey comes out of retirement to say 45 if they're still Pro-Choice
            Scooby: Zero. Possibly below zero. DOOM!!!
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Getting back to the GA race, its possibly a reflection on more educated places ditching the GOP. To that end though, this already started in 2016 and I'll note for all of Ossoff's gains vs the Dem challenger to Price in 2016 - he only outran Hillary by 1% in the district. If he's going to find the extra 2% to win this race, it might have to come from a small % of Gooper voters not coalescing behind Handel and not voting at all, although as we saw in Nov Republicans may say they don't like candidate so and so, but they then go ahead and vote for him unlike Dems who tend to stay home. An interesting race to be sure....

MT at large up next.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by kepler View Post
                no, i think your shtick is to assure the worst possible outcome is inevitable. Trump wins? We will have an unending string of trumps till the end of time.

What percentage will the 2020 democratic presidential candidate get?

Kepler: 54 (it would have been 60 but president bernie got cheated out of the other 6% by debbie wasserman schultz and the dnc )
                rover: 60 but only if they're my gop lite candidate who won't touch wall street
                bob grey comes out of retirement to say 45 if they're still pro-choice
                scooby: Zero. Possibly below zero. doom!!!
                fyp!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

No, I think your shtick is to assure the worst possible outcome is inevitable. Trump wins? We will have an unending string of Trumps till the end of time.

What percentage will the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate get?

Kepler: 54
                  Rover: 60 but only if they're my GOP Lite candidate who won't touch Wall Street
                  Bob Grey comes out of retirement to say 45 if they're still Pro-Choice
                  Scooby: Zero. Possibly below zero. DOOM!!!
                  LOL. No. Never predicted anything like that. Saying the Georgia guy is going to lose isn't the same as saying he'll get zero. The Democrat will get his/her 40%. My guess would be 49%. Question will be, will that be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    fyp!
                    Why does the site do that thing when people type all caps? It's annoying, but more I just don't understand that particular bug.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Oddly enough I'd agree with Scoobs if the Dems pulled 40-45% in the GA race. However its entirely possible a combination of Dems smelling blood, some GOP'ers staying home if their candidate didn't get nominated, and a small portion of GOP primary voters who turn around and vote Ossoff gets him the extra 2% he needs. Where Scoobs is correct is that Dems need to start banking some high profile wins, not just close losses.

Comment

Oddly enough I'd agree with Scoobs if the Dems pulled 40-45% in the GA race. However its entirely possible a combination of Dems smelling blood, some GOP'ers staying home if their candidate didn't get nominated, and a small portion of GOP primary voters who turn around and vote Ossoff gets him the extra 2% he needs. Where Scoobs is correct is that Dems need to start banking some high profile wins, not just close losses.
                        A win would be great, of course, since combined with El Presidente's usual blunderings it can contribute to the narrative that the GOP is a rotten egg.
                        Cornell University

Comment

They should have been able to get him over the top right away. They were close. The second round will be harder cause the mindless automatons have been notified now that they could lose.

Comment

They should have been able to get him over the top right away. They were close. The second round will be harder cause the mindless automatons have been notified now that they could lose.
                            Nah, I don't quite see it that way. An 11 person GOP field pretty much encompassed the whole spectrum of the right. Trumpsters, country clubbers, social moderates, wingnuts, etc. No putting aside differences and coalescing because there was a candidate for everyone. Furthermore no one person to launch attack ads against, unlike the Dem candidate who was really the only one in the field. I will say this though - he basically brought out the same people who voted for Hillary even though GA wasn't a highly contested state in the general election. Almost the same % of the vote. If Dem enthusiasm is indeed spiking, he needs more lefties to come out of the woodwork. If there are no more left, he'd better exploit divisions in the GOP over the next two months.

Comment

You think I'm too doom and gloom, deep cold pessimism? Handy had a post the other day that I couldn't even compete with and he's right on the mark. I could be worse. Much worse.
                              Yeah well when Europe is teetering that gets the little hairs on the back of my neck tingling. I am Eastern European/Russian Jew bad things happen when Western Europe goes Nationalistic.

Brexit changed the game, Trump changed the rules and if France elects the Nazi Daughter well...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nah, I don't quite see it that way. An 11 person GOP field pretty much encompassed the whole spectrum of the right. Trumpsters, country clubbers, social moderates, wingnuts, etc. No putting aside differences and coalescing because there was a candidate for everyone. Furthermore no one person to launch attack ads against, unlike the Dem candidate who was really the only one in the field. I will say this though - he basically brought out the same people who voted for Hillary even though GA wasn't a highly contested state in the general election. Almost the same % of the vote. If Dem enthusiasm is indeed spiking, he needs more lefties to come out of the woodwork. If there are no more left, he'd better exploit divisions in the GOP over the next two months.
                                Jesus, f-ck, you just don't quit.

There is NO evidence of what you suggest. For all we know his voters were the liberals and the moderates were sitting home sucking their thumbs waiting for Hillary to tell them what to do.

If we promise to forget how you crashed and burned last Fall will you move the f-ck on already? The only one keeping this whinefest alive is you.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X