Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Okaaay then!

https://politicalwire.com/2017/11/09...quote-day-100/

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

— Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler (R), quoted by the Washington Examiner, defending Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore (R), who is accused of initiating sexual relations with teenage girls.
    jfc
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      They're probably hoping to get Strange back on the ballot instead of the zealot that beat him.
      I'm sure they would but its impossible now. Absentees have already gone out. Strange could do a write in, but he'd probably need Moore to 1) drop out of the race, and 2) agree to endorse Strange. I think #1 is highly unlikely, I think we have a better chance of seeing God than #2 happening.

Strange (or anybody else) I assume could launch a write in bid on their own, but if you figure the Dem is going to get at least 40% of the vote if not 45%, two nutters who hate each other fighting over the remaining 55-60% doesn't bode well for electing either one of them.

Only thing for Itch and crew to do is grin and bear it while hoping against hope that no other women come forward...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Maybe I should be shocked that all these guys in power are perverts or worse, but I'm not.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maybe I should be shocked that all these guys in power are perverts or worse, but I'm not.
          The old adage about power corrupting applies both in Hollywood and politics.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Reminds me of the Todd Akin situation. Party had no leverage over him because he wasn't "their guy". Plus at his age (Akin I think was in his mid 60's, Moore is 70) there's no option of dropping out, lying low for awhile and then launching a comeback in a few years. Let's say no other women come forward and Moore rides this out and gets elected. How are Itch and team possibly going to deal with him? It'd be like if Dennis Hastert won his old Congressional seat back.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Reminds me of the Todd Akin situation. Party had no leverage over him because he wasn't "their guy". Plus at his age (Akin I think was in his mid 60's, Moore is 70) there's no option of dropping out, lying low for awhile and then launching a comeback in a few years. Let's say no other women come forward and Moore rides this out and gets elected. How are Itch and team possibly going to deal with him? It'd be like if Dennis Hastert won his old Congressional seat back.
              It's almost better at this point he gets elected. However, if the Dem does manage to win having that vote the next few years wouldn't be a bad thing.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Another quote!

"After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
                — Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 9, 2017

So according to at least some Alabama Republicans, even pedophilia isn’t a dealbreaker. That’s a hell of a thing to admit to."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...oseph-and-Mary

Comment

Another quote!

"After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
                  — Daniel Dale (@ddale8) November 9, 2017

So according to at least some Alabama Republicans, even pedophilia isn’t a dealbreaker. That’s a hell of a thing to admit to."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...oseph-and-Mary
                  jfc

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    The old adage about power corrupting applies both in Hollywood and politics.
                    Now Louis c.k. or rumor has it
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

From CBS:

"In a statement following the Post's report, House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell suggested if the allegations against Moore were in fact true, "he must step aside."

National Republican Senate Committee Chairman Cory Gardner echoed those calls, calling the allegations "deeply troubling", adding , "If these allegations are found to be true, Roy Moore must drop out of the Alabama special Senate election."

I know they don't like the guy, but even I'm a little surprised they're this quick to throw him under the bus unless they knew about these rumors long before it got reported...
                      Either that or they know there is more...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Okaaay then!

https://politicalwire.com/2017/11/09...quote-day-100/

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

— Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler (R), quoted by the Washington Examiner, defending Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore (R), who is accused of initiating sexual relations with teenage girls.
                        As I said in the other thread...I am surprised this isnt legal in Bama...flipping Rednecks.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Sounds like the women who accused Trump of the same thing and then dropped their case. Just trying to destroy another anti-establishment candidate because they can't go up against it in the ballot box.
                          What is wrong with you?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            What is wrong with you?
                            The world may never know.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Roy Moore is Bannon's Bobo. Stay in, Roy. It's your birthright.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                If he stayed on the ballot, he'd probably win because it's Alabama.
                                They start 'em young in 'Bama.

"She has three divorces, so I'm sure she's a man-eater and threw herself at him. She did take his number, and call him back, didn't she? So, she was asking for it. And he was a gentleman and stopped when she told him to! Besides, didn't they meet in family court? Probably learned it all from her slut mom. FAKE NEWS!"

Now...let's see if that's what Bannonbart, the Redpillers, and the Freepers are saying...brb

EDIT: Ahh yes, I forgot. Deflect to the left-wing meatheads. "What about Weinstein! And Slick Willy! And Kevin Spacey!"

"This is defamation of character and he should sue! These allegations are 40 years old, they must be false!"

*sigh*
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-09-2017, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X