Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress. In Bridge, Can Hearts be Trumped? In Spades!

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Scroll down here and look at the raw vote totals in the GA special election compared to 2016.

You've got about 58% of the 2016 turnout for this one. Dems spent $8 million to over-perform the turnout and get about 75% of Rodney Stooksbury's votes. (Price won this seat by 23 points btw) R's combined for about 50% of Price's total turnout. You never can tell on these off-cycle deals but it looks like the possible turnout upside for Dems is pretty small and it's huge for R's. I don't know that Handel is much of a candidate, but it looks bad for Ossoff to me.
    There is zero evidence that the Rs are motivated to vote for any of the candidates let alone Handel. Even wit it close and the possibility of him winning pretty decent they didnt care. They liked Price, they are split on Trump and dont seem to care for Handel.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'm holding out for Ashley Madison and/or underaged male page. Somethin' nice and Family Values like.
      that would be great!

rumor is though, he wants to work on his statewide image for a governor run in '20. He he's out of office, he doesn't have to take any controversial stances. Of course the next step after that would be president in '28 when he would be in his early 60s. Flying Spaghetti Monster help us. The last reasonable candidate to run for the Republican nomination was a former Utah governor though, and you remember how well he did in the primary... Chaffetz is no Jon Huntsman.

Comment

'course, he's talking about pulling a Palin and ducking out sooner rather than later. Hopefully whatever he's done was on a private server.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Scroll down here and look at the raw vote totals in the GA special election compared to 2016.

You've got about 58% of the 2016 turnout for this one. Dems spent $8 million to over-perform the turnout and get about 75% of Rodney Stooksbury's votes. (Price won this seat by 23 points btw) R's combined for about 50% of Price's total turnout. You never can tell on these off-cycle deals but it looks like the possible turnout upside for Dems is pretty small and it's huge for R's. I don't know that Handel is much of a candidate, but it looks bad for Ossoff to me.
          I think you're correct in that the turnout upside for the Dems is small, but the saving grace is he needs only 2% more. Handel needs everyone who voted against her to vote for her basically or to find some people who sat the 1st round out. I think that's doable but Ossoff has a small advantage given that he doesn't need to be all things to all the people who voted Dem in the primary. He was in all practicality the only Dem in the race. Handel does need to be to get the other 10 candidates votes on the right.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Chaffetz just tweeted out a link to a profile about his wife, with no other comment.

Infidelity would be kind of funny, but who really cares? Of course they're tremendous hypocrites about how everyone else should live. I want him behind bars.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Chaffetz just tweeted out a link to a profile about his wife, with no other comment.

Infidelity would be kind of funny, but who really cares? Of course they're tremendous hypocrites about how everyone else should live. I want him behind bars.
              Infidelity only matters if it is a guy. He wouldnt resign if he just was banging some lobbyist.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Infidelity only matters if it is a guy. He wouldnt resign if he just was banging some lobbyist.
                Maybe he has a wide stance

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...id=mailsignout

It's a state Senator, but still shows the bias that these guys have.
                  Last edited by jericho; 04-21-2017, 12:43 PM.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...id=mailsignout

It's a state Senator, but still shows the bias that these guys have.
                    Hey, he may just have been spitting Wu-Tang lyrics.

No?

No.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...&ICID=ref_fark

If they had something really scandalous, it would’ve come out a long, long time ago.
                      He then proposed we investigate Hillary another dozen times just to be safe.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Little Marco grows a pair.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This seems to me like a centrist bill. I'm sure it's probably "far left" though since the Democrats are sponsoring it and no way in hell the Republicans pass it or Trump signs it.

Name something on the agenda for Democrats in Congress and it's likely DOA — including a bill to protect LGBT kids, which the Republican majority let die last year without a hearing. And yet, buoyed by their progressive constituency and resolve to set themselves apart from the Trump administration, Democrats will take another shot this year. The bill — to be filed Tuesday by Sen. Patty Murray and Rep. Ted Lieu — would ban services that claim to turn gay people straight or make transgender people identify with their birth sex.

Known as conversion therapy, the treatment is denounced by critics who say it amounts to torturing kids, noting that top medical groups have repeatedly discredited the supposed cures as snake oil. Seven states prohibit the practice, most recently with a law approved this month in New Mexico.

Yet the programs remain legal in much of the United States, popular with some religious conservatives who say being LGBT is a choice. Vice President Mike Pence has faced scrutiny for comments he made during a Congressional run in 2000 — comments that he insisted were not about conversion therapy — supporting groups that "provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

So Democrats have pressed on in Congress.

The Therapeutic Fraud Prevention Act, as filed in the Senate, would make it illegal to advertise or provide therapy that claims to "change another individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity" or to "eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same gender." Both the Federal Trade Commission and state attorneys general could enforce it.
                          https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominichold...b87#.isdwDaGk3

This would fit right in with the discussion in the Nice Planet thread as well.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I Think Republicans Are Trying to Lose the Health Care Debate

"The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on pre-existing conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations. Health law expert Tim Jost flagged me to this particular issue."
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I Think Republicans Are Trying to Lose the Health Care Debate

"The new Republican amendment, introduced Tuesday night, would allow states to waive out of Obamacare’s ban on pre-existing conditions. This means that insurers could once again, under certain circumstances, charge sick people higher premiums than healthy people.

Republican legislators liked this policy well enough to offer it in a new amendment. They do not, however, seem to like it enough to have it apply to themselves and their staff. A spokesperson for Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) who authored this amendment confirmed this was the case: members of Congress and their staff would get the guarantee of keeping these Obamacare regulations. Health law expert Tim Jost flagged me to this particular issue."
                              Yeah, I don't get that. What do they think everyone at the Town Hall was screaming about?
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Yeah, I don't get that. What do they think everyone at the Town Hall was screaming about?
                                Didn't you hear? They were all paid by George Soros.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X